FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 10:14 am   Permalink

It's all beginning to make sense now.. Just got the scoop from Otto on TO7, as I am sure many of you have as well. So.. Who is going? I am pretty damned sure Zulu is in. The Tiki Finks are practically there already. Sounds like this event is really going to jell this year. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 9:07 pm   Permalink

Aloha!!!

Very exciting announcement from Fink Central. DEADBOLT.. The Scariest band in the world, will be playing at Bender's Tavern here in Denver on Saturday and Sunday nights, March 10 - 11.

We were fortunate enough to catch them in San Diego during Oasis 6 and several other TCers including the infamous Chongolio were there to enjoy the show. In fact, Chongolio made this a part of his Oasis 6 podcast. For those of you unfamiliar with Deadbolt, they are a brooding, surfcentric, 60's B movie horror, musical funfest that is not to be missed.

Moreover, I will be hosting a pre-show shindig prior to the gig on Sunday. I will send out a reminder but as usual, RSVP via TC message or email me.

Went to Tahiti on vacation.. In the jungle I found a TIKI MAN!!!

You have to be nuts to miss this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-01-13 21:09 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-21 4:06 pm   Permalink

OK..

At first I was kidding because I know that there was no way that anyone was going out in a storm. Now this is crazy. Does anyone want to get together to make an enormous SNOAI, or snow Tiki that we can post here for posterity? This is an abnormal occurance of snow and if we don't take advantage of it, it is a lost opportunity. I will supply liquid inspiration. Someone answer to this. The Denver thread has gone dormant. Time to wake up!!! I know there is a new newsletter in the making. Let's make share some winter Tiki with the world!!!!!!

T.F.

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-21 8:30 pm   Permalink

If the snoai appears he will surley go on the cover of the upcoming issue of the newsletter. Five storms in five weeks, what a bitch. But we all have hellacious amounts of the white stuff in our yards just waiting for a creative sculpture.

Fink, a 10-12 foot monster in your yard would look great ringed with blazing tiki torches.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-21 8:55 pm   Permalink

Well done Zulu!

One can always count on the diehard!! I am booked on Tuesday until about noon, but after that, the snow tiki is going up. Anyone interested can come to the Fink's Shack to play in the snow. I have at least one helper and would love to have more.
The snow conditions should be perfect!

T.F. Hahahahahaha

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 08:20 am   Permalink

With 52 inches of snow in town over the last 34 days, Tiki Fink deceided to make the best of it. I stopped by the shack yesterday afternoon to help him raise a Snoai from the miserable muck. Armed with snow shovels and a machette, we started building.

It begins.

Tiki Fink begins carving. Machettes work great for snow carving!

Tiki Fink and Zulumagoo posing with our 7' Snoai.

We got several comments from kids walking home from school, "WOW, that's cool!"

We take a break while we wait for the sun to go down so we can light the tiki torches.

The torches ablazing.

The Snoai of Cherry Street.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 5:07 pm   Permalink

Premium work Gentlemen!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-25 10:10 am   Permalink

That's Rich!!!

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 4:31 pm   Permalink

Deadbolt rules! Death to those freaky shriners and thier evil plans.........
Saw Deadbolt about 10 years ago at the bluebird and have been hooked ever since. I will try to again....
And the Snoai......man that is very nice. Only in Colorado.....
And speaking of Colorado. There is a place in Dillon at Pug Ryans steakhouse, claiming to be the world's highest tiki bar! It sits on the lake at the marina. We will have to check it out soon. I guess the bar is only open in the summer.
Soon to be investigated.
Zulu and Fink rock.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 10:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha All!

Just a brief reminder of something that may well be of interest. Dale, I know you are with me on this one. Deadbolt, the scariest band in the world.. March 10 / 11 @ Benders Tavern. There will be a preshow @ Tiki Fink's Shack for the Sunday gig. PM me if you want to join the festivities. This is a great Surfcreep band from San Diego.. Not to be missed.

T.F.

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 4:17 pm   Permalink

Finkster...........I cannot do a Sunday thing as that is above all else a Family day in the Sawin house and the babies need some "Daddys not in the garage and he's here to play with us!" day. Unbroken rule I made up and it works like magic.
But Saturday may just work and if'n I can I'll drag every loose necked greasey knuckled freak I can with me to the show.

"I'mmmmm goin' to Witchitaaaaaa........"

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 11:25 am   Permalink

Just for a sampler of the scariest band in the world and to bring to thread back to a tiki theme I give you DEADBOLT; and "Tikiman!"

http://www.downinthelab.com/ra/tikiman%20faded.mp3

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 11:29 am   Permalink

Fink.....I just checked with Benders and the shows are Fri and Sat night.....My friends band FRONTSIDE FIVE is opening up Sat night for Deadbolt. Thought you might want to know.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 8:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dale!!!

Should be a hell of a weekend!

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 11:16 am   Permalink

Correction..

I got the Deadbolt dates off of The Deadbolt Myspace page.

The show dates according to Bender's Tavern are Fri / Sat 3/9-3/10 2007 @ 9:00 pm. Looks like the opening acts will kick ass as well!

Another little note. My Store, Total Beverage Westminster, has placed a fairly sizeable order with Tiki Farm for some mugs. New styles too! If we get good movement on these items we could bring in Holden's entire line as well as Muntiki and others!!! I will list all styles and more details when they come in. We also have a great selection of rums and mixers and are willing and able to order anything that you need if it is available in Colorado!

T.F.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation