FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 07:39 am   Permalink

I am so bummed to miss all the tiki action up north this weekend.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-29 08:16 am   Permalink

Apologies for the craziness - but hey, it's a good kind of crazy.

When it rains it pours. (cue fake lightening and rain from ceiling)

View Profile of tikibeeyatch Send a personal message to tikibeeyatch  Goto the website of tikibeeyatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 7:26 pm   Permalink

Many Mahalo to Erin and Mike for thier fantastic tiki fest last weekend......always nicely done. Your handmade drinks, tiki bar and monster collection is still one of my favorite visits,

And Miss Michelle.....very amazing tiki night at star bar. To actually have perfect tiki drinks served up anywhere near LoDo is a feat unto itself. Thanks to your Lupec girls, Montanya Rum (sp?), your decorations and the great surf band....The Royal Aces. They were really good.

Any chance this could become a regular thing there? Like weekly or monthly? I'd be there every time I could.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-15 2:08 pm   Permalink

Anyone know a local source for Clement Creole Shrubb?

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MoaiMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-22 7:23 pm   Permalink

Burleyque,
Don't know about the Creole Shrubb (wasn't looking for it), but I picked up a bottle of Clement VSOP at Argonaut a couple of weeks ago. Yum! Maybe they can order it if they don't carry it...

View Profile of MoaiMan Send a personal message to MoaiMan  Email MoaiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-22 9:15 pm   Permalink

Hey any help needed setting up the tiki lounge this week? Lemme know if you guys need a hand!

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 11:50 am   Permalink

Traveling Moai alert.....Tall Grumpy boy will be glooming his way through the entire surreal performance of Cirque Voltaire this Friday at the Oriental Theatre......lots of dark surreal art, dancers and acts along with Denver's best Zombie Polka band....the amazing Widow's Bane.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:21 pm   Permalink

Folks that are going to the Denver Modernism Show:

Is it worth it to get VIP passes if I'm only going Friday and Saturday or should I just buy the two single tickets. Is the big tiki action on Friday?

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 9:46 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't say that all the big Tiki action is on Friday night...I'd like to think that we 'bring it' for the full show!

But that being said, Friday night is definitely more of a party atmosphere, and the FOM Kahanui Chapter (Proud Sponsor and Host of the Tiki Lounge
http://www.denvermodernism.com/tikilounge.html) will be there in full force with the aloha.

Sorry we didn't get a chance chat at the luau, looking forward to meeting ya!

[ This Message was edited by: Helz 2011-08-24 21:48 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MoaiMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-25 7:32 pm   Permalink

Gabbahey,
If you're looking to do some serious shopping, I'd probably pay the extra cash to get in at five. There's always the chance you miss that fantastic find in the first two hours! Plus the line at the bar gets long after 7...

View Profile of MoaiMan Send a personal message to MoaiMan  Email MoaiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 2:18 pm   Permalink

Passing through denver and boulder - am i correct in my research that there isnt a current publically operating tiki bar in the area? Any tips?

Thanks!
Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 5:51 pm   Permalink

Twin dragon in south Denver is a old school chinese place that does tiki drinks in new mugs. Heaven dragon in western Arvada is another option near Boulder. I love their food and atmosphere. They take great pride in their tiki drinks and their volcano has a good amount of gin which I like.

I feel you would have a good time going to Bastien's on east colfax for a sugar steak. Not tiki in the slightest but is a mid-century steakhouse frozen in time. Neat building.

Just a few suggestions - I moved two hours south a few years ago where the pickings are even worse. Maybe some current Denver residents will chime in.

gabbahey

burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-12 12:41 pm   Permalink

For those of you not in the know- it's finally happening!

http://maukatiki.com/
Mauka Tiki is opening mid October- and I'll be working there!! It's down on Broadway, a half block north of Alameda. Martin Cate of Smugglers Cove is SF is consulting on the menu, they're very focused on customer service and making the drinks consistent, AND they've got piles of bamboo and a bunch of tiki, including two 15 footers coming to put on each side of the entrance. Killer patio too- with a lava fire pit! They're truly doing it right!

Follow them on FB and Twitter, if you're on there, for more announcements and to see picts of the building progress!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mauka-Tiki/183123931728821
http://twitter.com/maukatiki

Once we've got a set opening date, I'll let you all know!

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-13 5:57 pm   Permalink

Double good news....congrats Michelle!

CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 07:10 am   Permalink

Great good heavens.
At work yesterday we received an entire case of Lemon Hart 151 from one of our distributors.
The real LH151... the old LH151... the holy grail LH151.
Come and get ya some.
Davidson's in Highlands Ranch.
And hurry before I buy all of 'em myself.

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation