FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
MoaiMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-15 8:40 pm   Permalink

Burleyque,
If you're still looking for some local Clement Creole Shrubb, Mrs. Moai found it at Applejack last week. Two bottles left after she bought one.
Any updates on Mauka Tiki?

View Profile of MoaiMan Send a personal message to MoaiMan  Email MoaiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-16 1:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks!!
Mauka is looking good and we'll be open at the beginning of December. As soon as we have a firm opening date, I promise you all will be among the first to know! Also we'll be having several tastings and pre-opening parties - to get on the invite list send an email with your favorite cocktail to
info@maukatiki.com

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 06:10 am   Permalink

Come on come all!!!
From the Denver Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai.
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/

The Kahanui are once again hosting a Chinese New Year Meet & Greet.
This years event takes place Friday Jan. 20th 2012 the fun starts 7pm or earlier for the drinking crowd.

Location will be the Twin Dragon
http://www.twindragonrestaurant.com/con ... ation.html

Seating is limited to the first 60 folks that RSVP here or send me a PM.

To the Fellowship... you know why you want to be here...

There will be a raffle to help support our local charity Foothills Animal Shelter.
www.foothillsanimalshelter.org/

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 11:43 am   Permalink

Aloha ya all.......
I was sittin' at some french absinthe bar / bistro in the highlands Saturday night when Jay Dedrick walks up to my table and sits down.
We talked about everything under the sun. Nice guy.
He's super excited about his Mauka tiki bar and has been working on it seven days a week.
They went to California and trucked back the two Fifteen foot tikis. Now they just gotta figure out how stand them up and make sure they stay there without pulling the building over. 2000 lbs each they gotta stay still.
He grudgingly had to shake up management already but is still hoping for a December opening.
And I guess mostly the reason for this letter is I just wanted to share his excitement in the enthusiasm Denver has in Tiki culture and mentioned Steve (Fink) and Michelle (burleycue) by name.

Good job ya all....See ya there.......Mr. Dale

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 11:10 am   Permalink

1340 am..... Newish radio station ran by professor Mikey of radio 1190 Fame. But whats cool is he brought along the policy of playing local bands in the mix. And this week blasting out of the speakers was our very own Mike and Maraca 5-0. A little local surf band warmed my cold December heart. Buy Local....listen local.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-22 6:13 pm   Permalink

I went by O.A. today and Bob was telling me that they shipped a truckload of material to Mauka Tiki. Sounds promising. My best wishes for this to turn out right, for all the true believers in the area!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-22 7:21 pm   Permalink

We have high hopes but realistic expectations, but we will support them.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-23 08:00 am   Permalink

High hopes - Realistic expectations - Support it in any event!

That seems like a good attitude towards many things, but especially towards such an investment into Tiki in these times. Can't wait to see some pics once it's open.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-23 08:25 am   Permalink

Hi all- If you haven't been down to Madison Street for Tiki Tuesdays, I highly recommend heading over there. http://www.madisonstreetdenver.com/specialspromos

Bartender Matty is obsessed with tiki cocktail mixology and has memorized a long list of great classic tiki cocktails- I think he's pretty much got Beachbum Berry's books down. He brings in his own home made Dons Mix and other ingredients, and has created some of his own tiki concoctions that stand up to the traditional recipes.

He's also going to be the head bartender at Mauka and has been testing some of the menu on those nights.

If you get there 4-6pm tiki drinks are $5, but the tiki drinks flow all night.

Hope to see some of you there!

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-26 08:58 am   Permalink

Friday Jan. 6th.........Rock-a-billies tavern 12363 w. 64th ave in Arvada........

Its a Fish Fry and the Great surf band The Royal Aces. "Fish dinner and Surf bands you say!?"...thats right brothers and sisters....sure its Arvada but it might as well be a beach in heaven.

Okay...thats a little much huh? ha.

xoxoxo......Dale

burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-08 2:05 pm   Permalink

Just a heads up- this Tuesday is the last Tiki Tues Matty will be heading up. It's his last night at Madison Street before he moves over full time to the tiki bar to get our program in order. So head down there this Tuesday!

Kevin Burke from Colt and Gray will also be behind the bar- and if you have been to C&G you know Kevin has some serious love for the tiki cocktails, especially historic recipes!

-
Michelle

Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-18 05:45 am   Permalink

Bumpity bump

For the FOM Chinese New Year Meet & Greet!!!

^^^^^^^^^^
I would like to meet some of the up north Denver Tiki folk this year!

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-28 6:30 pm   Permalink

Oriental theater.....Wed. February 8th......Horror flick Dawn of the dead.

But it also says $3 Zombies......

I'm gonna have to check on this. A $3 Zombie has got to be a seriously bad beverage......but what the hell. Monsters and cheap drinks could make for one awesome good evening. Long walk from here but I've done worse.

http://www.theorientaltheater.com/show/detail/55386

HotLava

Posted: 2012-04-02 12:14 pm   Permalink

Apparently Matty Durgin has brought Tiki Tuesday back to Denver at the Coupe Bar/Ghost Plate & Tap. Of course, it was last week (3/27)! Anyone aware of this becoming a regular event for Tuesdays and Tiki (and hopefully myself)?

-Lava

View Profile of HotLava Send a personal message to HotLava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-05 8:15 pm   Permalink

Adrift Tiki Bar is now OPEN! Broadway and Alameda!

The Kiddos and I went tonight and it was very well done....drinks, food and decor are top notch.......Good Job to Jay Dedrick and crew.

It was very nice to see our own Michelle behind the bar looking lovely as always.

But it was also very cool to see all those smiling faces who have longed for another tiki bar to come along since the demise of Boyds........

Tiki Hosts and surf Band Couple Erin and Mike.....as well as all the brothers and sisters Of the FOM........Mike, Patrick, Scott, Jason and Piper......and many more.....

Thanks for Tuesday invite Lava.....we'll have to meet up one of these warm summers nights.....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation