FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lucky Tiki Closing this Saturday, September 23, 2006 Anno Domini
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Lucky Tiki Closing this Saturday, September 23, 2006 Anno Domini
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 01:00 am   Permalink

Dear Friends,

It is with a profound regret and a heavy heart that I must inform you all the Lucky Tiki's last night will be this Saturday (until they find a new location). This information was relayed to me by DJ Lee. May I humbly suggest a nocturnal get together (or "shindig" as the kids say) this Saturday to lift a glass one last time to this fine establishment? As an added inducement, Saturday is a particularly interesting time at this locale for one to observe the mating rituals of the indigenous Mission Hills habitants.

I am at a loss of words and can only say, That's F*cked up, y'all!

Your humble servant,

Atomic "Atomic Cocktail" Cocktail

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 07:26 am   Permalink

Very sad, Q-tiki and I will be there.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 08:40 am   Permalink

NOOOO....sat it isn't so. What happened?

mg

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-21 09:09 am   Permalink

GROG will be there for Lucky Tikis's final night. Maybe GROG can drag Kirby along, too.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 11:29 am   Permalink

It's closing because they didn't pick my Tiki Bar name as a winner in their name-a-new-bar contest.

"Gilligan's Smile" shoulda won.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 1:44 pm   Permalink

Will definately be there after work on Friday!!!!!! Sorry to hear its closing, but happy to hear its only to move to a new location!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 5:49 pm   Permalink

Hi friends,

Yes, it's sad but true.
This will be the last weekend of the Lucky Tiki (at it's current location.)
Lee and I just heard this week ourselves, and it was a surprise to us too, so I didn't want to jump the gun and be the first to report the news on TC.

Don't worry, all the fabulous artifacts, decor and carvings (and booze!) will be safely stored until their new home is found. No, we will NOT be disclosing the location of said storage space you crazy collectors!-So don't ask!!! : D

Let us not mourn, instead let us celebrate a great 2 years of good friends and tasty libations!Let's send off the Lucky Tiki right as she embarks on her new voyage!

As luck would have it, I already had plans to be out of town this weekend, so I can't join the fun for the final night Saturday.
BUT I WILL BE THERE TONIGHT! THURSDAY!
So join me friends, and we will raise our glass in TC style to the Lucky Tiki!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 6:23 pm   Permalink

I am glad that I got to visit, even if it was with Kirby.

Just kidding. Since I suffer from the same disease as Grog I make bad Kirby jokes.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 6:28 pm   Permalink

Here is a good joke for Kirby.
Kirby, the twins will be there on Saturday!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 9:07 pm   Permalink

I thought this day was coming soon. What a bummer! I can't make it Saturday, but I"ll be there tomorrow right after work to tip a few back for the last time.

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-21 9:57 pm   Permalink

Too bad. Another tiki bar lost. This also means no more excuses to stop for dinner at the Safari Room before an night of drinking at Lucky Tiki. Last chance Saturday!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 06:53 am   Permalink

In its short history, it became a legend amongst tiki bars.The meeting place for many hardcore tiki people,and has been an introduction to many newbies alike, what a modern tiki bar is, and what a good tiki bar should be. From the expert mixology of the fabulous drink goddess suzy,to the exotic sounds of master music man, Dj Lee.The Enchanted modern tiki Artifact that adorn every corner of this enchanted place,Not to mention It has welcomed many other awesome tiki artist to Share there own brand of tiki art on its walls in its legendary art shows,and this all happened on a sleepy Sunday night...It also holds its own Every other night of the week as a watering whole and gathering point for some of the friendliest and most eclectic people Ive I have ever met.
Ive had a great time hangin at the lucky tiki,the last couple years and I cant wait till it reopens bigger and better than before..Thanks Lucky Tiki your the BEST......Kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 4:41 pm   Permalink

who else is planning on comming out for the last bash at the lucky tiki tonight (sat)...I know grog and I will be there...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 4:56 pm   Permalink

We will try to stop by.

What time?

Any one else?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 7:09 pm   Permalink

Im gonna head out around 7:30,or 8:00 hit up hoglywoglys or the safary room for grub,then head over to The Lucky Tiki around 9:30 or so..see ya there

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation