FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lucky Tiki Closing this Saturday, September 23, 2006 Anno Domini
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Lucky Tiki Closing this Saturday, September 23, 2006 Anno Domini
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 8:46 pm   Permalink

I will be there with q-tiki after 10pm.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-24 12:11 pm   Permalink

It's very sad to see the place closing

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-24 5:26 pm   Permalink

"Until we meet again".

I was only lucky enough to get to visit the Lucky Tiki once in all my travels, but for me, it is best remembered like this

and like this

(These were taken on one of our last nights in the L.A. area before we moved along on the CA [mostly] Coastal Crawl last year.)

Raise a mug to our enchanted drinking room!

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Lucky-Tiki

Wander around, enjoy the Lucky Tiki (in this location anyway) one last time. Oh, if those walls could talk!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-25 2:50 pm   Permalink

What the Hell???
why didn't you call me Kirby?
I've been busy lately and haven't had time to get on TC.
I was in Norht Hollywood on Sat night for the Ghastly Ones, and could have easily swung by before hand.
well at least they will re-open somewhere else, but would have been nice to swing by
one last time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-26 12:57 pm   Permalink

Very sad. I only made it up there once, but I remember it fondly. It was great to see some tiki returning to my old stomping grounds in the north Valley.

San Diego is in sore need of its own hole-in-the-wall tiki bar. The Bali Hai is great, but hardly a hole in the wall, and Mister Tiki's doesn't do it for me.

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 10:49 pm   Permalink

I think I'm gonna hurl!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-28 01:22 am   Permalink

why, why, why,?.... the Wild Cherry & now this! even worse! whats happening in my old home town, I was just gettin' up the nerve to say "Hi" to any other TC Ohana that might be lurking inside. what happened! Hope you find a building soon.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 10:45 pm   Permalink

After a fine grazing at the bear pit, I thought it would be cool to swing by the lucky tiki for a drink......Boy was I shocked!!. I have not been eyeballing T.C. in a while so I had no idea..%&*#!!. I hope they find a cool local ASAP. I will be checking back weekly. Very sad.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the maltese tiki

Posted: 2007-01-02 3:11 pm   Permalink

I received a MySpace bulletin from The Lucky Tiki a few days ago stating that the owners are actively hunting for a new location. Fingers crossed on this one...

View Profile of the maltese tiki Send a personal message to the maltese tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:03 am   Permalink

Good to hear! The Lucky Tiki was one of my favorite haunts!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-01 9:15 pm   Permalink

ever reopening? new location found??? hmm....?

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 3:09 pm   Permalink

chirp chirp chirp say the crickets.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 3:48 pm   Permalink

Hey, all good things come to those who wait!

TC will be the first to know!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-05-02 4:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks Atomikitty,
Your reply actually has a feeling of hope in it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-05 12:53 pm   Permalink

let us know!

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation