FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lucky Tiki Closing this Saturday, September 23, 2006 Anno Domini
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lucky Tiki Closing this Saturday, September 23, 2006 Anno Domini
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-22 4:31 pm   Permalink

Has the Lucky Tiki finally gone to the light or is there still a sliver of a pulse?

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-02-22 6:09 pm   Permalink

Every once in a while I hear there's a faint pulse.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 7:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-22 18:09, Bora Boris wrote:
Every once in a while I hear there's a faint pulse.

Is it going to reopen - ever?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 9:37 pm   Permalink

I am friends with Bobby and see him more through car stuff. Don't quote me, but if he finds the right spot it could happen. Again don't quote me.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 6:02 pm   Permalink

Hopefully, somewhere in the San Fernando Valley.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 08:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-25 21:37, Tiki Diablo wrote:
I am friends with Bobby and see him more through car stuff. Don't quote me, but if he finds the right spot it could happen. Again don't quote me.

Whoops! Sorry

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Sorry Diablo, quoting yet again....

There's a spot in my neck of the woods. An old abandonded restaurant on Roscoe/Louise. The White Horse Inn. It's been boarded up and at the moment has ivy growing all over the front. It's been closed for a number of years. It had curved faux leather booths, dark wood, dimly lit, homey and old-school. Its not a huge place either.

It's centrally located in the Valley, good visiblity, as it's on a main street. Surrounded by residential neibhborhoods, lots of street and neighboorhood parking. There's already a few old neighborhood bars that the locals walk to already, I bet they'd walk to this one as well. Hell, I know I'd be there.

Downside, it's sandwiched between a small used car lot and a liquor store. The car lot has a tall chain link fence, so it's easy enough to block that ugly view.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 4:38 pm   Permalink

I agree with Cheeky what's her face.... Great location and perfect for a tiki bar. I am there with you.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-06 9:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-29 16:20, CheekyGirl wrote:
Quote:

Sorry Diablo, quoting yet again....

There's a spot in my neck of the woods. An old abandonded restaurant on Roscoe/Louise. The White Horse Inn. It's been boarded up and at the moment has ivy growing all over the front. It's been closed for a number of years. It had curved faux leather booths, dark wood, dimly lit, homey and old-school. Its not a huge place either.

It's centrally located in the Valley, good visiblity, as it's on a main street. Surrounded by residential neibhborhoods, lots of street and neighboorhood parking. There's already a few old neighborhood bars that the locals walk to already, I bet they'd walk to this one as well. Hell, I know I'd be there.

Downside, it's sandwiched between a small used car lot and a liquor store. The car lot has a tall chain link fence, so it's easy enough to block that ugly view.

The White Horse Inn! That was one of my parents' favorite restaurants -- we used to go there all the time for special family occasions when I was a kid. Sorry to hear it's defunct -- but if it became the new home for the Lucky Tiki, that would make my year!

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 08:47 am   Permalink

Its' been over a year since the last post here - does anybody have anything new to report?

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 8:26 pm   Permalink

cleaning my mugs and reorganizing them,
and I found my Lucky Tiki Mug,
it was hiding in a forest of mugs,
I thought maybe I had given or traded him away.

I miss the Lucky Tiki.
but I don't miss the drive.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-23 02:57 am   Permalink

My Crazy Al Lucky Tiki mug was broken in the earthquake last week.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation