Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki don ho
don ho
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 07:53 am   Permalink

Me, Don,my wife Rachel and my signed Don Ho tiki farm mug this was taken in july at his show

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 08:07 am   Permalink

Uncle Don

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 09:22 am   Permalink

Too cool.

Don is one of a kind.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSass

Posted: 2006-09-21 10:31 am   Permalink

Great Pictures!!

View Profile of TikiSass Send a personal message to TikiSass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 5:29 pm   Permalink

put on a great show unfortunately we didn't know what he was talking about half the time but I don't think he did either

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 5:51 pm   Permalink

He just had his pacemker fine tuned

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/21/news/story03.html

I hope we see a lot more tiny bubbles

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-21 17:51, naugatiki wrote:
He just had his pacemker fine tuned

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/21/news/story03.html

I hope we see a lot more tiny bubbles

Thanks for the news.

We visited Don just last month on our August trip. We flew from Maui to Oahu for one night just to see him again. Here's our photo from then of Holly and I with Don, who's got his hands around my nice Reyn Spooner Trader Vic's aloha shirt, instead of the lady, where they should belong.

He was in top form the night we saw him. Very funny. But I understand performances can vary quite a bit based on how he's feeling and his energy level. Which is understandable considering his age and all he's gone through.

We've been going to his performances for decades. We just love him!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 02:26 am   Permalink

Earth to Premex, Don wants your shirt dude!!!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 10:50 am   Permalink

I was just thinking to myself the other day-- I got to get Don Ho to sign my tiki mug when I'm out there in October! It's hilarious that you thought the same thing. How hard was it to get some time after the show? Is there a meet and greet? Having never seen "The Don" before, I'm wondering how to work a signature.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-22 10:50, TikiJosh wrote:
I was just thinking to myself the other day-- I got to get Don Ho to sign my tiki mug when I'm out there in October! It's hilarious that you thought the same thing. How hard was it to get some time after the show? Is there a meet and greet? Having never seen "The Don" before, I'm wondering how to work a signature.

One of Don's "signatures" since he began performing has been to invite every single member of the audience to his dressing room after the show. There's no dressing room any longer, but there's still plenty of press-the-flesh time with The Don today.

In the foyer of the room where he performs they have a set-up where you can meet and have your photo taken (their "no obligation" photog and they even have a person to use your own camera for you at no charge) before the show. Then after the show you can see and purchase your photo if you wish in an area with other Don merchandise. Don is there too to sign your Mugs or CDs or your photo (which is what that photo of us is above) or whatever.

We knew the "routine" so we knew when to get up and where to go to be first in line. But the venue is not that big and even with the longest line...it doesn't take all that much time to get to Don. Don's such a great guy...he never rushes you or anything like that.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-22 11:15, PremEx wrote:

One of Don's "signatures" since he began performing has been to invite every single member of the audience to his dressing room after the show. There's no dressing room any longer, but there's still plenty of press-the-flesh time with The Don today.

In the foyer of the room where he performs they have a set-up where you can meet and have your photo taken (their "no obligation" photog and they even have a person to use your own camera for you at no charge) before the show. Then after the show you can see and purchase your photo if you wish in an area with other Don merchandise. Don is there too to sign your Mugs or CDs or your photo (which is what that photo of us is above) or whatever.

We knew the "routine" so we knew when to get up and where to go to be first in line. But the venue is not that big and even with the longest line...it doesn't take all that much time to get to Don. Don's such a great guy...he never rushes you or anything like that.
[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 2:20 pm   Permalink

waiting in line isn't a big deal ,we waited to be last that way we had alittle more time to talk to him.If you want there's the THORSTORE not a block from the beachcomber and they sell lots of tiki farm mugs ,great store

Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 6:24 pm   Permalink

Uncle Don received a new pacemaker, and was released from the hospital yesterday. First stop after getting out of the hospital - his favorite Chinese restaurant.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Sep/28/br/br4798630125.html

Be well, Uncle.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-23 11:51 am   Permalink

Went to see Uncle Don last night with my parents (Mom's B-Day gift). Had SUCH a good time! A terrific show - with some very talented kids. Don asked his standard "where you from?" when we got our photo taken with him, and he got a big kick out of our "Kailua" answer. With a big grin he said "sheesh, dat's where I live!". We spoke to his producer after the show, and she said he is doing well, and did an hour and a half show instead of the planned hour. Cant believe it took me 33 years to see him - so glad I finally did!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-14 9:05 pm   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation