FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving swap piece update!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
swap piece update!!
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 8:17 pm   Permalink

OOPS, SHit, Damn. Thats what I say too, That's Really a bitch. The pic is a bit fuzzy, but that Little fuzzy thing on the bottom looks like it goes somewhere else. Drop back, rearrange and re-design. But wait for the master ponamu teacher to arrive on the scene and evaluate the situation.
OOuchhh!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-24 1:41 pm   Permalink

x-marq and broken hook. sniff.

this marq will be done by tonight.

i will accept all constructive critisizm. especially, what i should do with the broken hook? tama?

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2006-12-24 13:44 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-24 4:37 pm   Permalink

well, it's going to take more sanding than i thought. it will be done in the next day or so, though.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 10:49 am   Permalink

Perry, the Marq is looking great. Have a merry Christmas, hope you got lotsa toys..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 8:25 pm   Permalink

here's some piece of koa i'm trying to hack a moai out of. meh . . .

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 08:09 am   Permalink

PDrake, that is some Beautiful wood and the Moai looks Awesome, Nice job

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 5:47 pm   Permalink

Darn breaking tiki carvings. Can you make a shorter hook out of it? That Koa is beautiful wood, and you are doing a great job with it.

John

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 6:50 pm   Permalink

thanks johnny and ben. i have some more of the koa and also this piece . . . , from a burl. it's quite beautiful.

here's some new hooks i've started.

don't know what to do with the broken one.

Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 7:58 pm   Permalink

Lots of breaks lately.. So sad.

I think the broken one could be fine with a little shaping.. I'd say clean up the broken end, notch it and wrap it.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 1:38 pm   Permalink

thanks! i think i can still save the broken one. i found this piece on the interweb and think i can adapt the style to mr. no end (can't remember the name of the end of the hook.)

Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 3:16 pm   Permalink

Hey pdrake. Happy new Year!

Sorry to see/hear of the breakages; damn! Id take the advice above & simply salvage what you can of the first one (if it werent shown here, no one would ever know...), matau/hooks come in all shapes & sizes.

I hope the same doesnt happen again; I can see a couple areas that are probably bordering on being a bit thin also, doh! My fingers are crossed for you. Be sure to learn from the experience(s?)

Love the 'flame'? in the koa Moai, Im assuming it has a shimmer/chatoyant effect?

Re: the 'end' of hook. Do you mean 'koru'/spiral? A very nice example.

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 4:09 pm   Permalink

thanks! yes! it is chatoyant! i couldn't remember the word. it has a tiger eye effect. it's hard to capture with my camera.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 4:54 pm   Permalink

Yes, it hides but is BEautiful when you Do See it.
Looks like you found a great way to fix/save your broken hook. Perhaps the fellow who did that piece did it for the Same Reason. Thanks for the link to the Sinew I have some on the way.
Ditto what Tama said about the thin shanks of your new hooks. Looks like hey are begging for a fall to that one spot on your floor..Cover it quick!
The Koa is Beautiful!.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 7:00 pm   Permalink

heh, yeah, i'm getting that a lot about that small one. it's for a female so i made it small. it's almost done and the thin part will be lashed.

the end part of the hook is called "the snood". no wonder i couldn't remember. i'm not going to drill a hole through the snood to lash it, just put in a groove on the back side.

here it is at the final polishing stages.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 8:38 pm   Permalink

this one will be off the hook! har! it will have a jade inlay so i'm hoping for some advice on how to do that. thanks, i really, really appreciate it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation