FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving swap piece update!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
swap piece update!!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-08 3:17 pm   Permalink

Whoops! You forgot to post pictures, Pdrake. Here, GROG help.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-08 11:28 pm   Permalink

Nice one Grog, Happy Easter
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 7:04 pm   Permalink

thanks grog, now no one see my junk.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 8:14 pm   Permalink

SWEEEET! Oh, and your jade Moai is pretty cool too!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 8:27 pm   Permalink

What Moai?

Oh, yeah, there it is! Seriously sweet grind there Pdrake!

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 8:34 pm   Permalink

thanks alot gman and surf. i tried to put the satin finish on it. it's based on the old islands dinner menu moai.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 08:22 am   Permalink

the best you've ever made.
Beautiful.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 9:17 pm   Permalink

thanks for all the props on that last piece. it's even better these days with the lanyard and the toggle and the tears i've poured over it in the last few weeks. ;-D

somebody told me i haven't posted in awhile so i thought i'd put up something. i'm working a lot at my real job because we're very, very busy and i have to take a week off during this busy time. i'm splitting my time between my swap piece (which i'm trying to make great, seeing how i now know who it's going to) and this little cutie i had a great idea about.

it's a maori teething stick. it will be fully functional and have some spirals and waves in it when it's done. it's made form a pretty little piece of poanamu i got in the mail. it looks like candy. soft spots all arond so it won't hurt baby warrior's gums.

what do you all think?

goo goo baby!

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-01 10:13 pm   Permalink

GROG accidently step on one of those this evening when GROG come home from work. It was on the front porch and had it's little slime trail behind it leading back to the grass from whence it came.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 11:57 pm   Permalink

uh, okay. yeah, those are not normal. bright yellow, slightly brown and beige. if you have bright green slugs please call the UCSC campus. i'm sure they'll do a study on grog. (well, another one. one that doesn't sit in the muesem all night collectin dust.)

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 7:06 pm   Permalink

heh, it does look a little like a slug now that i think about it.

here's a quick and dirty pic of the swap piece. i'll probably finish the sanding tonight.

i promise tama, i'm putting extra into this.

Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 8:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-02 19:06, pdrake wrote:

i promise tama, i'm putting extra into this.

---

Good on you mate! He's looking great!

T3

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation