FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cheeky Girl's Carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Cheeky Girl's Carvings
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 9:28 pm   Permalink

I really had high hopes of finishing my tiki this weekend. It's just about finished.

This is what it looked like at the end of the day.

I continued to go deeper around the eye and nose area. The nose looks a lot better, but I liked how the nose looked back in April.

I want to complete the texturizing of the tiki. I dig that gouged look. I'm going to continue the leaf pattern around the top and back side of the tiki. Then the plan is to sand and smooth the rough edges. Age it a bit with a mini butane torch. Then Ta-da, I will finally be finished with my 1st tiki!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 05:53 am   Permalink

Look at you Go TikiGirl, you are gonna be a tough carver to beat one day soon if you keep up the progress like this. Excellent detail, the mouth and noseare great. The eyes a bit small but fit perfectly.
What kind of finish are you going to use?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben. I agree with you on the eyes. If you look at the first pattern, it was supposed to have a triangular line on the bottom of the eyes. The eyes wouldn't have looked so small if they stayed framed within the original pattern.

The finish, most likely a combination of dark and light, after I age it with the butane burner, I'll sleep on it and see what hits me.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 2:37 pm   Permalink

Geez! How'd I miss these?

I wish my "firsts" were so refined!

(Hell, I wish my current ones were too, now that I think about it)

Much Mana flowin there girl!

It's gonna be a hot summer huh?

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 9:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-23 10:21, CheekyGirl wrote:
The finish, most likely a combination of dark and light, after I age it with the butane burner, I'll sleep on it and see what hits me.

Hey CheekyGirl. You gonna do this right away, or wait until the next chop gathering?

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 11:53 am   Permalink

looking good cheekygirl!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 3:10 pm   Permalink

Buzz, I think I'm going to try and finish the carving part of the tiki this Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to burn it and wait until the next chop chop for the staining.

I want to start a new tiki for the next chop also!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 6:26 pm   Permalink

I'm hell bend on finishing up this tiki soon. So this is what I was able to accomplish this Memorial Day Weekend.

I started cleaning up and detailing.

Extended the leaf pattern on the back and around the tiki.

Added texture by continuing the "chisel/gouging" marks.

My latest "To Me From Me With Love" toy is a Black & Decker Mouse Sander.
(Babalu, thanks for the tip!)

With my new sander, I plan on smoothing out the rough edges around the eyes, mouth and leaf pattern.
Since this tiki has been taking me so long to finish, and I've messed with it so much, I've decided to call it the:

"LEAF ME ALONE TIKI"

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 8:13 pm   Permalink

I really do love the way he's turned out. I'll miss the little guy though. I feel like I've watched him grow up. (We won't talk about that unfortunate puberty issue.)

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-30 9:06 pm   Permalink

Wow! You've come a long way and it shows! The style is really nice! The leaf pattern is really good.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2007-05-30 21:08 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:09 pm   Permalink

Here's the old guy all burned up!

I'm in the midst of staining him right now!

T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:22 pm   Permalink

I like the haircut, nice look!

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:32 pm   Permalink

Very nice, great job sista!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 11:09 pm   Permalink

nice touch with the leaves.

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 04:39 am   Permalink

Definitely looks Great. I Love that you didn't Over burn him. Excellent job.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation