FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » MAI KAI food & drink recommendations?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
MAI KAI food & drink recommendations?
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 3:18 pm   Permalink

mamelukkikala, you're absolutely correct. That explains how The Ragin’ Rarotongan came up with such a spot-on re-creation. Penang Afrididi is the ancestor of the Zula.

I'll have to get to work on documenting that recipe and updating the blog. Not that I'm complaining.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 9:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-05 15:18, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
mamelukkikala, you're absolutely correct. That explains how The Ragin’ Rarotongan came up with such a spot-on re-creation. Penang Afrididi is the ancestor of the Zula.

WHAT the HEY is he talking about !??

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-06 12:31 am   Permalink

I've updated my Zula review to attribute its origins to Don the Beachcomber's Penang Afrididi, as published in Sippin' Safari ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2012/03/05/mai-kai-cocktail-review-double-your-pleasure-with-the-exotic-and-delicious-zula/

That makes 28 current Mai-Kai cocktails that can be linked directly to Donn Beach classics.

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation