FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Kahiki Big Moai Rebirth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Kahiki Big Moai Rebirth
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-13 8:58 pm   Permalink

Great work, tikiskip! You'll definitely have to come visit in the spring to advise us on your restoration process.

Thanks Jeff, Swamp Tiki & Matt for your kind words of support--very much appreciated.

Also, mahalo to Sven for kindly mentioning us in his Hukilau presentation, and for the resulting enthusiastic show of support from the audience. I am so grateful to be part of such a generous and welcoming 'ohana nui.

These pieces will be restored with as much accuracy and care as possible, realizing how lucky we are to have such incredible icons of Polynesian pop and Kahiki history. Open house & mai tai christening when the addition is finished (which may be quite a little while since I am now officially beyond broke!).

Mahalo,
Tikicat67 =^..^=

[ This Message was edited by: tikicat67 2006-10-14 08:47 ]

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-24 5:12 pm   Permalink

I just caught this.
I can't wait to see these.

Last time I was a little boy.

Wow, what a save.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 07:10 am   Permalink

tikicat67! Thanks for sharing your story with johnman, Paul & me at the Molokai bar. That was one of the highlights of the Hukilau and now that I see the pics--wow! If you ever need a bunch of strong backs to get that fireplace raised, I'm sure the New England Ohana will come together to help.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 09:08 am   Permalink

we will call with back braces and chiropractor contacts !!!!

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 8:38 pm   Permalink

And all I thought was left of the Kahiki was frozen supermarket egg rolls... That is too cool, Skip. Keep the torch burning!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-26 1:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-25 07:10, pappythesailor wrote:
tikicat67! Thanks for sharing your story with johnman, Paul & me at the Molokai bar. That was one of the highlights of the Hukilau and now that I see the pics--wow! If you ever need a bunch of strong backs to get that fireplace raised, I'm sure the New England Ohana will come together to help.

Thanks, pappy, it was great meeting you guys as well. Thanks for the offer of help--I may just take you up on it!

Mahalo,
Tikicat67 =^..^=

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 2:19 pm   Permalink

This is exciting, having a piece of the Kahiki right here in New England! I think this could be the beginning of a Tiki Revival in the Northeast. Keep up the good work you two!

tikicat67, I emailed you about an idea I had for restoration, let me know what you think.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 7:29 pm   Permalink

Hey Pablus, Thanks for the ride at Hukilau.
Feel free to stop by when in Columbus and check it out.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 08:36 am   Permalink

Here I sit alone in the cold.
A little battered, And kinda old.
Soon I will rise to my former glory.
This is not the end of this Moais story.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 08:51 am   Permalink

Snow on my face, I'm flat on my back.
I'll fall to pieces with just one more crack.
I'll get my Aku Aku to haunt
Those nuts who moved me to Vermont!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-31 8:56 pm   Permalink

Wow....what a great save and fun project....looking good. It is good to know someone with a crane.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 02:20 am   Permalink

Great picture skip. Thanks for posting!!

This great remant of the Kahiki will rise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomtiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-04 09:09 am   Permalink

Great pictures!!

View Profile of kustomtiki Send a personal message to kustomtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 8:14 pm   Permalink

A few Christmas time snaps with the grand old fellow and FOM hospitality.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 06:22 am   Permalink

Hey Matt. Here's a better one of you.
Come back soon!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation