FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » mondo lounge atomic frolic - las vegas, nv january 26-28, 2007 - call for participation
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
mondo lounge atomic frolic - las vegas, nv january 26-28, 2007 - call for participation
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 02:02 am   Permalink

I have been asked to announce this on Tiki Central.

This is an official "Call for Participation" for the upcoming Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic. (Please do not contact me about this event. I plan on singing a song or 2 with the Martini Kings at the event, but that's the extent of my involvement.)

If you are a band, entertainer, educator/speaker, vendor, sponsor, etc. please contact the event producers directly through their website.
http://www.mondoatomic.com

Mondo Lounge is the Ultimate Retro Party and Conference. The event is themed around the lifestyle and culture of America from 1957 to 1963 & will bring together fans of Retro Fashion, Tiki, Exotica Music, Car Culture, Bachelor Pad Living, Pin-Ups, Swing Scene, Vintage Las Vegas Rat Pack era.

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 09:34 am   Permalink

Can't wait for this one

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 1:34 pm   Permalink

If people are wondering, Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic is being produced by my website--Java's Bachelor Pad (http://www.javasbachelorpad.com)--and another great retro website Lotta Livin' (http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/). If people are interested in performing, vending, or sponsoring they can contact me. Thanks!

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-07 08:42 am   Permalink

Hey guys I got a sneak peak att he line up the bands are pretty swanky and the rest of the show is going to be hep......check it out

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 12:17 pm   Permalink

ok folks the hotel is nearly sold out......get your room soon or you will be staying at a alternate location but they probibly won't be conected tothe even

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 1:56 pm   Permalink

..okay, i fell for the "almost sold out" ruse and got my reservation...of course, i could have done without the psychotic ice cream truck circus music that they pipe in on the phone while I was on hold....but i took it as a good sign for this event , so count me in...i'll see all you screws in vegas, baby.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 11:45 am   Permalink

for those of you going, don't forget to stop into the "art bar" which i believe is located just around the corner from the hotel, on main st....an eclectic mix of artists, beatniks, hipsters and rockers of all ages.. the art bar boasts "loosest sluts and slots in las vegas" -no, they didn't have t-shirts available with that on it when i was there earlier this month, but i bet by the time we get there in january they will!!

...honestly, i think my girlfriend and i will actually be the loosest sluts in vegas that weekend so the art bar may have to sit this one out!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-21 13:56, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..okay, i fell for the "almost sold out" ruse and got my reservation...of course, i could have done without the psychotic ice cream truck circus music that they pipe in on the phone while I was on hold....but i took it as a good sign for this event , so count me in...i'll see all you screws in vegas, baby.

I don't know about you, but my on-hold music with them was "It's A Small World." *shiver*

The hotel used to be the Thunderbird back in the 60's and is about four blocks north of the strip in downtown area. It's all old Vegas--down and dirty and filled with neon charm. It just oozes with that Rat Pack spirit.

Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic is going to be a blast...but maybe I'm bias since I'm one of the planners. I know all the secret events we've got planned.

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 1:44 pm   Permalink

check out the hotel plus vintage pics here:

www.arubalasvegas.com

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 02:41 am   Permalink

Really close to the Aruba and the Art Bar is DINO's bar--great late night karaoke and dive bar clientele!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 06:46 am   Permalink

..i thought dino's bar was across the street and a block down from art bar.....i may be mistaken..if so, what is the name of that place?? it's kinda catchy but i can't recall...i always wanted to peek in there but never got a chance...do you know anything about it??

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 06:46 am   Permalink

..i thought dino's bar was across the street and a block down from art bar.....i may be mistaken..if so, what is the name of that place?? it's kinda catchy but i can't recall...i always wanted to peek in there but never got a chance...do you know anything about it??

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 08:45 am   Permalink

Thanks for having this bash! It sounds great!

Has anybody noticed that the 60’s version of the future is exactly the opposite in every way from the real 21st century?

Bubbletop curvy sports cars
…………………………….. square pickup trucks

Everyone dresses fashionably
……………………………… sweatshirts

Music swings
……………………………… nobody listens to music because it stinks

Wild parties
…………………………….. watching the game on TV

Girls wear dresses with swirly purple patterns
…………………………… women wouldn’t be caught dead in dresses away from the office

Everyone is skinny
……………………………. everyone is fat

Airports are the coolest places on Earth
and they take you to exotic far-away lands
……………………………. airports are dismal, scary, and people use them to get from Buffalo to Syracuse

Shaken, not stirred
……………………………. Miller Lite

Ray Guns!
……………………………. boxcutters are illegal

Funny Italian movies with that new actress who’s Va va va VOOM!
……………………………. Video games

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 11:01 am   Permalink

I think you are spot on Cammo. The only thing is....Bond is back...so we are shaking again.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 11:43 am   Permalink

Exactly, and you know what next year is?

'007!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation