FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ Other Events ╗ ╗ mondo lounge atomic frolic - las vegas, nv january 26-28, 2007 - call for participation
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
mondo lounge atomic frolic - las vegas, nv january 26-28, 2007 - call for participation
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 11:38 am   Permalink

Hmmmmm. You've got me thinking now. Maybe we should have a "Happy Bond Year" party during the MLAF.

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 11:14 am   Permalink

I have been lamenting the departure from that ideal of the future for nearly 30 years now. Let's all resolve to do what we can to bring it back, starting with the parties and the cars. I'll do my part with the music.

Back to the topic, this event looks like a blast. Wish we could make it, but if it swings, we'll make every effort to get there next year! As Waitiki, that is!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-01 01:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-24 06:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..i thought dino's bar was across the street and a block down from art bar.....i may be mistaken..if so, what is the name of that place?? it's kinda catchy but i can't recall...i always wanted to peek in there but never got a chance...do you know anything about it??

Dino's has a big sign and a slogan "The last neighborhood bar in Vegas" (or something like that). It is across the street from the Olympic Gardens (a toplees bar) and REALLY close to the ARuba-it may well be the bar you are thinking of.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-01 05:57 am   Permalink

I am going to try my best to get there. Sounds like a great weekend...and as I sit in the middle of this ice/snow storm right now, I could stand a little Vegas weather.

Quote:

On 2006-11-26 11:43, Cammo wrote:
Exactly, and you know what next year is?

'007!

Great point! All next year I will make it a point to use "007" when writing dates: 1/1/007 (versus 1/1/07).

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 08:58 am   Permalink

not only that, but the creepy creeps and deadbolt are playing that weekend!! and yes, dino's is the bar i was talking about....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-01 11:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-01 08:58, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
not only that, but the creepy creeps and deadbolt are playing that weekend!! and yes, dino's is the bar i was talking about....

Ahhhh yes, I too am working out the logistics in my mind of how to catch both the MLAF and the Hodad Stomp. A martini at the Aruba followed by a High Life at the Dive Bar. I think I can pull it off.

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 1:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Back to the topic, this event looks like a blast. Wish we could make it, but if it swings, we'll make every effort to get there next year! As Waitiki, that is!

You better freaking believe it! The only way the event could be better is if Waitiki was on the bill. Hell, maybe we can event talk you into bringing the Esquivel Orchestra out next year.

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 11:45 am   Permalink

..i believe "shag with a twist" will be running at the plaza hotel in downtown vegas that weekend as well......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 11:45, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..i believe "shag with a twist" will be running at the plaza hotel in downtown vegas that weekend as well......

Well, we got lots of "secret" things we're planning for MLAF that are just as cool as that. And don't ask me 'cause I can't say anything yet.

javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-12 09:43 am   Permalink

OK...I can officially announce one of our "secret" events...

We are proud to announce a sneak peek premier of the new documentary about the artist SHAG by filmmaker Smee on Sunday afternoon. Following that, a group art show presented by M Modern Gallery will be held Sunday Night at the Las Vegas Downtown Arts Center with SHAG in attendance!!!

And for those who are thinking about going, better book your rooms at the Aruba now. The group rates expire December 24th. Good rooms still available!

All info about MLAF can be found on our website:
www.mondoatomic.com

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-12 12:16 pm   Permalink

..i hope it's the same documentary that they were filming for at the shag opening this past summer in chicago...if so, you may see myself and tikibars drunkenily singing shags praises on camera...yikes!!

Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 3:37 pm   Permalink

I am so excited.
I will finally get to meet one of my own idols...
Miss Brini Maxwell will be one of the guests.

http://www.brinimaxwell.com/

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 07:26 am   Permalink

MM I am planning on going. I will see you there. By the way I just bought the Brini Maxwells book.See you soon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 01:14 am   Permalink

passing this along from the event producers:

Quote:
just to keep you up to date on this not-to-be-missed event...
YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS EVENT - you want to tell your friends - "yah - sure I was at the FIRST Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic! It was awesome. We dressed up retro, had cocktails, met some new close friends and had the weekend of our life!

Entertainment Includes:
* The Martini Kings
* Mark Torch of the Hollywood Combo
* Liberace Tribute Artist Wes Winters
* Octobop
* Clouseaux
* Moon-Rays
* Cherry Capri
* Atomic Lounge Show
* Project: Pimento
* Robert Ensler as Dean Martin and Bobby Darin
* Derek Stroh

Vendors:
* Tiki Farm (Tiki Mugs and More)
* Hollywood Book and Poster
* Falling Cocos (Retro Pop Graphics)
* Mr. Swanky's (Vintage Styled clothes)
* Diva Pinups (New Hair Accessories)
* Cinema Collectors (Vintage Photos and Ephemera)
* Allyn Scura (New & Vintage Eyeware)
* Bartiki (Barstuff & Tikistuff)
* Coquette Faux Furriers (Fun Fake Furs)
* Suzanna Anna (Modern Mosaics and Sculpture)
* Hep Cat Pinups (Kustom tshirts, lunch boxes, magnets and more)
* Go Go Amy (Pin-Up insired merchandise)
* Lucky Loo Loo (Pin-Up Jewelry)
* Artistic Sculpting by Pratan Pimsuparp & James Luff

Special Guest Speakers and Presenters
* Best selling author of Brini Maxwell's Guide to Gracious Living, Style Network Star and NPR podcaster
* Michelle Baldwin author of "Burlesque AS It Was"
* Mike Weatherford author of "Cult Vegas" and "The Stardust of Yesterday"
* Nathan Marsak, author of ôLos Angeles Neon,
* Eric Lynxwiler, co-author of the seminal work "Wilshire Boulevard"
* Jason Croft, producer of Java "Java's Bachelor Pad" and "Java's Bachelor Pad After Dark"
* Smee - advance preview of the Shag documentary "Sophisticated Misfits"
* Cinescopes! Matchmakers who set up people based on their top ten favorite films!
* Hosts and Hostesses Gigi Valient, Kay O' Hara and Maxwell De Mille!

World Class Burlesque:
* Former Miss Exotic World - Kitten DeVille!
* Former Miss Exotic World - Erochica Bamboo!
* Nymphet of Burlesque - Lolita Haze!
* Burlesque Sensation - Mia Vixen!
* Kalani Kokonuts - Polynesian Princess
* Go Go Amy
* Vivienne VaVoom
* Bettina May

DJs from across the country:
* Senor Amor (Hollywood)
* Jay Strongman (London)
* Lee Joseph - Dionysus Records (Los Angeles)
* 2nd Life Entertainment (Las Vegas)
* DJs Mardou & Leo (Culver City)
* Cocktail Hour Music (Seattle)
* Phofo! (New York)
* K-Billy (L.B.C.)
* DJ Drew Grove (Portland)
* Java! (Champaign, IL)

PINUPS:
* Ivy L'Vine, Lilly LaBotomy, Lucy Luscious, Maria Mercury, Miss Minna, Roxy Rouge, Susi, Sweetie Pie, Tana the Tattooed Lady, Vita Vixen, Vivian Bea

Other Happenings:
* Las Vegas Modern Architecture Tour
* Best Dressed Fez Contest
* Friday Night Pajama Party
* BeatNick Poetry Hour
* Exotica Jam Session
* TFP Time - Camera Club
* Saturday Night Black Tie Optional!

Sponsors:
* Shag
* M Modern Gallery
* Stirring Cocktail Mixers
* Hollywood Book and Poster
* SugarKitty Corsets
* Classic Las Vegas
* Retro-A-Go-Go
* Federal Edge
* Sin City Modern Real Estate

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!
$10 off until January 1, 2007

http://www.mondoatomic.com/gettickets.php

BBCode Quote End -->

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MisterMagoo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-27 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-26 11:01, VampiressRN wrote:
...so we are shaking again.

"Do I look like I care?"

View Profile of MisterMagoo Send a personal message to MisterMagoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation