FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events mondo lounge atomic frolic - las vegas, nv january 26-28, 2007 - call for participation
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
mondo lounge atomic frolic - las vegas, nv january 26-28, 2007 - call for participation
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:16 am   Permalink

A contingent from Otto's Shrunken Head Tiki Bar & Lounge NYC will be there!

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 10:58 am   Permalink

The contingent (both of us) from Velvet Glass will be there too!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
editrix

Posted: 2007-01-06 08:16 am   Permalink

Coming from LA? Start the Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic weekend early by hopping on the Crime Bus at Union Station at 11am Friday January 26. The trip to Las Vegas includes a scenic detour through old Route 66 where you'll enjoy the sights of the old Mother Road while hearing Kim and Nathan's tales of historic high desert mayhem and weirdness, a meal break at a charming restaurant, good tunes and good company. The Crime Bus will take you directly to the Aruba Hotel with plenty of time to freshen up before the evening Neon Cruise. The Crime Bus will be on call all weekend for offbeat museum, dining and thrift shop runs, plus the Neon Cruise and Architectural Tour (separate fees), before departing for Los Angeles at 7pm Sunday, with arrival by midnight.

You purchase gets you: a round trip seat on the Crime Bus from LA to Las Vegas, plus a ticket to the Atomic Frolic.

Payment options: Cost is $130/person and we ask that you please email
amscray@gmail.com to reserve your space before either paying online with Paypal, or arranging to send a check.

ABOUT THE ROUTE 66 CRIME BUS TOUR: The crimes of old Route 66 are nothing like the citified tales told on previous Crime Bus tours. For more than a century, bad people have done terrible things under the vast desert sky, and all too often they've gotten away with it. High desert crimes are also odder than city crimes. On the Crime Bus, passengers will boggle at the tale of the Indian guide who cleverly spirited a new bride away from her young husband in 1920, giggle at the hijinks surrounding the premature 1890 death announcement of Wells Fargo messenger Ed Knickerbocker, shudder at the ghastly 1946 RV vacation of 10-year-old John Oedekerk, bit by a rabid dog in Indiana and chased across the country by needle-wielding public health officials, gape at the courage of cross-dressing 1930s teen Martha Adams who ran away from her religious maniac family with 53 cents in her pocket, and marvel at the miraculous tale of the 6-year-old girl kidnapped, bound and left in the hills in 1983 who was rescued when an airsick helicopter searcher landed to vomit and saw her Raggedy Ann doll in the dirt. For more info about the Crime Bus, please visit http://www.1947project.com

Please note that the organizers reserve the right to cancel this bus trip should there be insufficient reservations. In this case, passengers will be alerted with plenty of time to find alternate transportation, and their ticket cost promptly refunded.

View Profile of editrix Send a personal message to editrix  Email editrix Goto the website of editrix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-06 5:05 pm   Permalink

I'll be vending on Saturday. It should be a hoot! I'll be serving up Mai Tais (buy a mug and you get to fill 'er up!) and playing some old school exotica, hawaiian and surf tunes. I'll post a sign on the door of my room with the hours of operation on Friday. Hope to see you all there!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 11:43 am   Permalink

I am getting geared up.....thurs-sunday just what I need a few days away from reality

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 2:26 pm   Permalink

just booked the room and bought the tix. looking forward to a vegas get away.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 09:54 am   Permalink

A little something for those coming to town early...

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 8:01 pm   Permalink

This will be my first year vending there Realy lookin forward to this . I,ll be Vending Mid century sculptures and such .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 4:12 pm   Permalink

BURLY-Q YEEEHA!!!!

ok so I knew already but sounded good right

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitoo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-16 10:00 pm   Permalink

I too will be vending at the Frolic with my retro Shag inspired furniture. Make sure you come by and check out these cool tables.

Chris

The Retro surf Lounge
aka Tiki Too

[ This Message was edited by: tikitoo 2007-01-16 22:19 ]

Update!! I just received a large wholesale order for my boomerang tables, so I am out of this years event. See you next year.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitoo 2007-01-18 17:39 ]

View Profile of tikitoo Send a personal message to tikitoo  Email tikitoo Goto the website of tikitoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-22 09:27 am   Permalink

Need a fun new frock or swanky new shirt for the event?

If you're in the bay area and are looking for that last minute item to add to your repertoire please check out Retro Diva's new digs inside:

Icon Vintage
2521 San Pablo Ave # C (at Dwight across from Sea Salt)
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 848-4266

Map and Directions

We carry the full spectrum of men's and women's vintage clothing with a very nice selection of tropical wear.

Whoops, forgot to mention that if you come in and say that you're on 'Tiki Central' you'll get 10% off your total purchase.

[ This Message was edited by: retrodiva 2007-01-22 10:16 ]

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-24 09:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-04 09:16, tastysp wrote:
A contingent from Otto's Shrunken Head Tiki Bar & Lounge NYC will be there!

Patty's Passion-yum!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 11:54 am   Permalink

The Mrs. and I will also be vending; Kim (the Mrs.) creates handcrafted beaded jewelry. So stop by and say hi. Mention TC and receive 10% off your total purchase.

You can see more stuff at myspace.com/badlandbeads

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 10:04 pm   Permalink

Q-tiki and I will be there on Saturday night. See you all there.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 12:16 am   Permalink

Forbidden Island will be represented.
The lovely Denise and I will be there.
Very much looking forward to it.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation