FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Home With Don the Beachcomber, Los Angeles, CA (store)
Home With Don the Beachcomber, Los Angeles, CA (store)
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 9:12 pm   Permalink

Name:Home With Don the Beachcomber
Type:store
Street:Westfield Century City Mall
City:Los Angeles
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
This is a hawaiiana botique, with ample tiki.

The store features painted tiki as well as lava black tiki, along with much Hawaiiana and clothing worthy of Hilo Hatties.

It is a breath of fresh, Hawaiian air and certainly worth a visit on the way to Trader Vics.

Otherwise, it might be better just to go to Hilo Hatties.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 10:06 am   Permalink

Strange. I wonder if they're actually allowed to use the Don the Beachcomber name. Do you know who makes the aloha wear/did you get a look at a tag? Did they have brand name items (Tommy Bahama perfume, etc.)?
Just curious.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 9:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Josh from the Quiet Village,

I, too, wondered about use of the name, and it even has the same bamboo script.
Yes, there were Tommy Bahama mens shirts.

The store does not have a website, at least not yet, it has only been a month.

By the way, IT DOES NOT SALE TIKI MUGS. Someone here should contact him (310) 552-3224, and remedy that glaring omission. The store could use more merchandise to sell.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 09:17 am   Permalink

This is pretty unusual. I wonder if it's secretly just a Tommy Bahama store and all they've done is changed the name.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-02 11:55 am   Permalink

The store has relocated to Westfield Mall in Woodland Hills - they now DO sell Tiki Farm mugs , and they have licensed the name from the restaurants in Hawaii. Good luck to them!

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 6:57 pm   Permalink

A shame.
I would have stopped by this Christmas season to buy a gift for me.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 06:42 am   Permalink

I went there a few weeks ago. It is very nicely decorated and they have a lot of tiki and Hawaiian items. I bought some Hawaiian Christmas ornaments. Come and check it out.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 06:58 am   Permalink

Photos please! I wanna see a pic of their logo....

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-04 8:24 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 10:26 am   Permalink

Thank You! I love TC: I am all the way on the other side of the world, and I get to see a place near my home (well, when in Silverlake, Woodland Hills might seem as far away as Africa).

Great looking store, I am just wondering why they chose a PARROT with the otherwise authentic looking logo.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 3:33 pm   Permalink

Any contact info? These guys need to carry Tiki Daze!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-05 3:55 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna tell these guys about Tiki Central. They need to sell stuff like "Tiki Modern" and your calender, Swanky! I'm just a mile from the mall, so I go there all the time.

Sven, I want to thank you for your wonderful books. I'm a Tiki-Newby, but reading your thoughtful theories, I feel like I know something!

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 6:54 pm   Permalink

Anyone know if this place is still open ?

I wanna go there.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 8:00 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure it closed. I looked for it while at the mall about 2 weeks ago & where I believed it to be was no longer open. Call first before you make the trip out just to be sure.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SBJiminyC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:07 pm   Permalink

This store has moved to Simi Valley. From my conversation with the person working there it's been there a few years.

1555 Simi Town Center Way # 145
Simi Valley, CA 93065
805-584-3667

View Profile of SBJiminyC Send a personal message to SBJiminyC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation