FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Introducing.... Arkiva Tropika
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Introducing.... Arkiva Tropika
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 08:51 am   Permalink

fan freakin tastic !!!!!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 09:32 am   Permalink

Beautiful Site.

Say, are you going to have a section of matchbooks?
Robert

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 09:37 am   Permalink

Very nice job puamana and humuhumu! Superior work, and an astonishing collection! Better than a museum.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 09:39 am   Permalink

Ask, and ye shall receive:

Arkiva Tropika's Matchbooks

"Matchbook" is one of the tags puamana has created, so if you want to see all of them, just use the matchbook tag. You can do this by selecting "Matchbook" from the list of tags. The most popular tags are on the left-hand side of the screen, and there is a link to "All Tags" at the bottom of that list. Or, you can search using tags; enter the tags you want to see in the search box, set the search to "Tags" (it defaults to "Text"), and hit "Go".

Tag search is pretty powerful, you can combine tags, and you can use tags for exclusion. For instance, you can choose to look at only hotel postcards, or only hotel postcards that aren't pictures of a hotel room. Here are the instructions for using Arkiva Tropika's search function.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 09:51 am   Permalink

Wow!

That's a great collection, thanks for finding a way to share it.

This should get me through a few slow afternoons...who needs productivity anyway?

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 10:33 am   Permalink

amazing collection. Now, we only need sabu's postcard collection to do the same (humu ?)

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 11:01 am   Permalink

Mimi this is really fantastic. I've added the RSS to my blog reader. Thanks so much for sharing your collection with everyone. It's incredible.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 11:35 am   Permalink

Absolutely incredible! After seeing bits and pieces of your collection on Critiki, it's really great to be able to view so much of it in one place.

Another classic Humu website too. Her style is immediately recognizable.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 11:57 am   Permalink

thank you thank you thank you thank you mimi and humu!

what a fantastic glimpse into polynesian pop history completely at your fingertips. thank you so much for taking the money, time, and incredible effort to put this site together and sharing it with the world. and on behalf of the crazy mug collectors, you are incredibly gracious to share all of your wonderful menus. i eagerly anticipate seeing them in the weeks/months/years to come.

simply awesome.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 4:46 pm   Permalink

Superb! When I return from Hukilau I'll get you some scans of a bunch of my postcards. I haven't seen a lot of those on your site...you have some rare views! Aloha!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 6:07 pm   Permalink

Awesome site - thank you for sharing! I always enjoyed the posts when questions were defered to your collection for clarification. Eye candy for sure!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 6:22 pm   Permalink

This is phenom... Its like having a 3rd book to Tiki Archeology.. Thanx for this.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 10:08 pm   Permalink

hokey smokes! amazing eyeboggling content! thanks for sharing your collection..i can thumb through it without leaving fingerprints!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 11:23 pm   Permalink

Thankyou so much for this, Puamana!

I know this took a ton of work. Thankyou for being so gracious in sharing your collection with us.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 11:53 pm   Permalink

Just saw this now, congrats, Mimi! To share your visual jewels with others who appreciate it is the best reward for the collector. Can't wait to see what's new.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation