FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Introducing.... Arkiva Tropika
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Introducing.... Arkiva Tropika
deep_fried_hushpuppie

Posted: 2006-10-06 4:21 pm   Permalink

very cool!

View Profile of deep_fried_hushpuppie Send a personal message to deep_fried_hushpuppie  Email deep_fried_hushpuppie Goto the website of deep_fried_hushpuppie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 10:45 pm   Permalink

infon7rr7r7yfrhfryhgyrghbnnc ci3u44y74yw

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Arcade

Posted: 2006-10-09 9:37 pm   Permalink

What an awesome site! I just loved going from page to page, dreaming of being in some of these restaurants and lounges in the 50's & 60's in their heydays...

View Profile of Tiki Arcade Send a personal message to Tiki Arcade  Goto the website of Tiki Arcade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 12:20 pm   Permalink

Really nice site and great collection! Thanks for all your hard work!!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 11:14 am   Permalink

How did i miss this! Excellent site, just wish i wasn't on 24kbps dial-up.

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 09:11 am   Permalink

I was just looked up this thread as I needed to see some images of past Seattle Tiki things. I figured was well worth a bump.

ARKIVA TROPIKA is a really cool site ran by a swell person and a much better way to waste your company's time than playing Mafia Wars.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 17 days ago; 8:49 pm   Permalink

Hey, am I the only one that noticed that the Arkiva Tropika site is down??? I think it's been down for a few weeks now.

http://www.arkivatropika.com

Does anyone know what is going on?

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kraken
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 17 days ago; 11:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-12-04 20:49, Tattoo wrote:
Hey, am I the only one that noticed that the Arkiva Tropika site is down??? I think it's been down for a few weeks now.

http://www.arkivatropika.com

Does anyone know what is going on?

Yes, I find it to be down, too! No idea what's wrong with it.
You might try a PM to puamana and/or Humuhumu to inquire.

View Profile of kraken Send a personal message to kraken      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 16 days ago; 12:07 am   Permalink

Tattoo and kraken, we noticed, I asked the same question on TikiShout a few days ago. Sven and I have both contacted Puamana (Mimi Payne) who had the Arkiva Tropika site. This was part is her reply to me on monday.

"It was a tough decision, yet I did shut down Arkiva Tropika just last week. Having multiple websites was getting expensive, and I wanted to dedicate that money and time towards keeping up with my photography. It truly was a labor of love and something I really enjoyed doing, and I'm so glad that it was shared and enjoyed for as long as it was "

Thank you Mimi for sharing your collection with for so long, it will be greatly missed.

I would like those of you on Facebook to go to her page, where I first asked her if her site was gone, and say thank you. If you can't post there send her a message on Facebook, or here, for her site was on the shortlist of essential tiki websites ever created.

aloha, to you Puamana and mahalo,
tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 07:55 am   Permalink

Too bad there was so much great vintage Tiki era graphics on this site, loved looking at it over the years!!!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 08:25 am   Permalink

Arkiva Tropika was a great site. It will be missed. You can find matchbooks and menus on Critiki.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 11:23 am   Permalink

What a loss for the Tiki community. Mimi and Humuhumu did such a great job on the site, it will be sorely missed for research, knowledge and inspiration.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kraken
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 16 days ago; 4:09 pm   Permalink

Since Mimi seemed mainly concerned about the expense
of this website, perhaps it could be revived as a subscription
service. I'm pretty sure that a lot of us, on Tike Central and
elsewhere, would be very much willing to put up a small
contribution each quarter to have it back.

View Profile of kraken Send a personal message to kraken      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 5:02 pm   Permalink

Most of it is captured on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141011193213/http://www.arkivatropika.com/cgi-bin/

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 16 days ago; 6:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks MrBaliHi, the search function does't work but the tab links do, and as you said most but not all of the images are there. Kraken I've wondered the same thing but I don't know what it would take aside from Mimi's interest, but if she would agree I would donate to it as I do to TC.

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation