FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Pre-Hukilau at the Mai-Kai, Wednesday, October 4
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Pre-Hukilau at the Mai-Kai, Wednesday, October 4
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 09:36 am   Permalink

For those heading to our wonderful state for the Hukilau, we would like to invite you to our "Tradition of Pre-Hukilau".....

Wednesday, October 4th, before the Hukilau officially begins, we are gathering anyone and everyone who is in town to join us at the Mai-Kai. For the last three years it has been considered the Party before the Party. This year it promises to be as much, and possibly more, fun than the actual Hukilau! Well, maybe not more fun.... But still a chance to see the Mai-Kai in a more intimate setting, the way the Local O'hana get to see it (yes I am rubbing it in.... ).

So, if your travel plans have you in town on Wednesday, or you can change your plans to get in on Wednesday, please join us in the Molokai Bar at the Mai-Kai. You can't miss us, we are the ones wearing aloha shirts and drinking! Bring your uke for an un-official Mai-Kai Uke Jam!

And for the locals, this means you! We need to be there to show the out-of-towner's how we do Aloha down here in Florida! Join us in our "Adopt-a-Tourist" program and chat up some of our visitors. Tell them who we are and what we have, remind them that there is more to Florida than just Oranges and Hurricanes!

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2006-10-01 09:48 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 11:15 am   Permalink

Consider us there already...as a Florida Ohana Alumnus, I'm purely giddy with anticipation (as is Rita). And Pop (and Mom) will be there as well.

We might even have a few goodies with us....

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 11:29 am   Permalink

Count Stump Grinder and myself in. Can't wait to see and meet some new faces. Most of all we cant wait to see Helz and Rita again. It's gonna be a long weekend.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 1:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting this Chip - and just to make it even better - that's the night I Belli arrive from Italy and Pep Torres arrives from California and the boys from Ape right behind them!!! I'm sure this will be a great start to the weekend !

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 1:49 pm   Permalink

You can count me in on this one!

I'm pretty sure I'll have the camera in hand ready to catch some of the preliminary Hukilau action for posterity's sake! (wink-wink)

Plus, I believe there will be a little surprise on my knoggin too!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 2:07 pm   Permalink

Me & the Wahine "newbies", will be @ the Mai Kai Wed. night will come to the bar. We have pre-scheduled events in Florida so can not make the formal 2006 Hukilau Events. We also plan to catch the floor show Wed. night also!

Mahalo, Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 5:25 pm   Permalink

Sounds like good times are coming. I am looking foreword to meeting you all and the other out of town folks too. Come on Wednesday. See you then.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 7:46 pm   Permalink

How much is a taxi from Miami Beach?

Anyone else going from Miami Beach?

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2006-10-01 20:28 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ruinthejimi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-02 08:21 am   Permalink

I'm looking forward to getting things kicked off Wednesday night! See you all then...

Jimi

View Profile of ruinthejimi Send a personal message to ruinthejimi  Email ruinthejimi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 9:27 pm   Permalink

we fly in about 11 PM ......probably too late?.......if so we're looking foward to meeting on thurs......aloha!

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 08:23 am   Permalink

Wow, I'm very jealously sending my regrets. I Belli, Ape, the preparty... Very tempting. I am unable to make it down until Saturday am. Hopefully I'll catch it next year!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 10:16 am   Permalink

we'll be there!!! what time do the festivities start at the mai kai?

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-03 10:16, heelgrinder wrote:
we'll be there!!! what time do the festivities start at the mai kai?

Happy Hour starts at 5 pm. The party is going to last until they chase us off.

When will they actually chase us off? Well, we are in the "Between" season, the summer visitors have left and the winter visitors aren't here yet. That means that by 10 o'clock we will most likely be the only guests of the Mai-Kai.

Long story short (too late!), if you can't make it until later in the evening, call the Mai-Kai and see what is still going on and if it is worth the trip over from the hotel. It would be a bummer for you to arrive just as we are staggering out of the door....

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 9:54 pm   Permalink

yOU aLL SUCK!!!

wE'LL BE THERE wITH BeLLS ON

tHURSDAY EVE FO SURE!!!

P.S. dON'T SAY HI!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 10:23 pm   Permalink

I've told I Belli and Ape to bring some uke's and such so it sure is warmin' up to be quite somethin' on Wednesday. See everyone there!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation