FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events I'm a Haole Kat!!!
I'm a Haole Kat!!!
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 07:02 am   Permalink

I've been assimilated...for Hukilau purposes.

Saturday - late night at the Mai Kai - I will be joining Haole Kats! on stage to take that Hukilau vibe into Sunday with vigor.

We practiced yesterday and it's sounding like a heck of a combination. Except for my part.

For real, though - if you like wild Hapa Haole originals (yes PrimoKimo, including Kahiki Moon) and fun old Hapa Haole dittys and raucous surf. You need to hang out for this set. Last year's Waitiki set was the highlight of the whole weekend for me and we'll do our absolute best to keep their grand legacy from deteriorating into a chaotic cacophony.

This is the one of the coolest gigs that musicians in our genre could hope for - 50th anniversary - Mai Kai - attentive, enthusiastic and good looking audience with pockets filled with tip money... ahem...

I'm honored to be included in this evening.

However, no sock monkeys will be tolerated.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus 2006-10-02 07:04 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 07:25 am   Permalink

There are whole lot of us who will get all misty eyed when you guys do "Hukilau Huricane" there.. hint hint...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 07:46 am   Permalink

very much looking forward to your performance...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-03 10:03 am   Permalink

Don't let the Big guy fool ya... he sounds great and the songs are killer !!!
It's our pleasure to work with him (not the other way around) and besides that he's a Buckeye !!!
Maybe,just maybe, we can talk him into doing a few tunes with us on the Thursday Night gig at the Cabana... Hmmmm..Was that suttle enough ????
Yea,I think it was...

Joe/Haole Kats

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 10:16 am   Permalink

hmmm, be sure to include Hurricane Vic in the lyrics of Hukilau Hurricane, and thank you. Takes a bow.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 07:32 am   Permalink

This is going to be such a freakin' blast.

Oh yeah, I second the motion for Pablus to join us on a couple of tunes Thursday night Yikes! that's tomorrow! at the Bahia.

Personally, the "full band" treatments of Hukilau Hurrican and Kahiki Moon are soooo good, that it would be a shame to just play them once.... hint, hint...

T

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 07:47 am   Permalink

I'll be too busy hurling insults at the band, trading punches with Flounder and trying to keep Swanky from head-butting people after his 9th Concubine.

Tell you the truth, Kats, I'd love to set up on the beach at some point with all acoustic stuff and let fly.
There are some great shade coco palms just across from the Cabana.

(bring an extra set of concert strings willya?)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 08:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-04 07:47, pablus wrote:

I'll be too busy hurling insults at the band, trading punches with Flounder and trying to keep Swanky from head-butting people after his 9th Concubine.

Tell you the truth, Kats, I'd love to set up on the beach at some point with all acoustic stuff and let fly.

The Clipper has a new deck area on the beach side where the carving will take place on Friday at 3PM. That might be a good place and time to set up and do your thing. Crazy Al, Benzart, BK, etc. Find that spot and see if it will work out. You might even get some electricity out there...

And after my 5th Concubine I generally only head butt the pillow...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-04 07:47, pablus wrote:

We may be able to work something out on the deck, like Swanky mentioned. Unfortunately, we won't have acoustic bass or steel, so anyplace we're gonna jam will have to have power for our 2 little amps...damn new-fangled electrified insrtruments!

J

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 1:53 pm   Permalink

I'm so jealous. Have a fantastic time, and Pablus is a treat not to be missed.

Hopefully we'll be there next year.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 3:57 pm   Permalink

<<<We may be able to work something out on the deck, like Swanky mentioned. Unfortunately, we won't have acoustic bass or steel, so anyplace we're gonna jam will have to have power for our 2 little amps...damn new-fangled electrified insrtruments! >>>

...how about 3 ukes and some coconuts?

We'll miss you Kon Hemsby. Wish you and Wahinina could make it.

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 4:51 pm   Permalink

I'm going to milk you guys of any uke knowledge you may possess! I'm bringing mine down, but I only know like 4 songs. I'll be staring at your fingers the whole time.

I can not even explain how stoked I am about this whole trip!!! I can't wait to see you all play again. See you tomorrow!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 10:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-04 15:57, pablus wrote:

...how about 3 ukes and some coconuts?

You know, with my fair skin, it's probably better that I leave my coconuts covered up...I will definitely have a uke, though.

Anybody hoping to learn a little about uke, don't hesitate to ask. I only know a little, but I really enjoy helping others learn.

J

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 12:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

We may be able to work something out on the deck, like Swanky mentioned. Unfortunately, we won't have acoustic bass or steel, so anyplace we're gonna jam will have to have power for our 2 little amps

Ahhh, but I'll have my acoustic bass, and you're more than welcome to use that.......

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 05:50 am   Permalink

"He who caresses the sacred stringed low-psaltry shall the same be required a sacrifice of seven watermelons each day." - Book of Okonkulu

Josh, I'd just politely refuse.
Watermelon season is almost over here in the states.
Why do you think Waitiki went to Mexico last year? Yep. They HAD to. I've got pictures from virani that show them loading up thousands of melons into several large semis. Poor guys. They had no idea what they were getting into.

....or did they...

SEEYA. Laptop stays at home. And the shoes. And the car.
PILIKIA!!!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation