FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tips for Hukilau first-timers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tips for Hukilau first-timers
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 12:42 pm   Permalink

And since Ben-gee isn't going, that means I'll only get slapped half as much!!

And kissed.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus 2007-04-05 12:43 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-02 08:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
Here's a Safety Tip.......

You'll all be safe this year cause the Boo's won't be there!

Enjoy !!!

Boy, is that the truth!!!

see you there...
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-05 12:30, GROG wrote:
PAPER WALLETS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!

No Boobam Ben means paper wallets are safe this year, and the rum supply should last twice as long.

GROGster~
will you be there????
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-07 8:23 pm   Permalink

My bad.....

Black Magic is $12.50, Rum Barrel and Mutiny are both $13.

I was thinking about the Sidewinder's Fang which is $19.50. It serves two so is not part of the Happy-Hour 2 for 1 (it is already 2 drinks).

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 7:52 pm   Permalink

This is kind of an off the wall question, but if you are not staying at the Sheraton (or the Bahi Mar), where is the closest public parking place near the Sheraton?
Thanks
Luke

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:19 pm   Permalink

The Clipper offers valet parking for a fee. The Bahia Cabana offers valet parking, or if you have good parking karma there is street parking in the area behind the Cabana.

There is public parking on the beach accross from the Bahai Mar, but it closes at about 10 pm and you will be locked in after that time. Tiki Kiliki should just about be living there at this stage of planning so maybe she can confirm when the public parking lot closes.....

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-21 20:19, Chip and Andy wrote:
The Clipper offers valet parking for a fee. The Bahia Cabana offers valet parking, or if you have good parking karma there is street parking in the area behind the Cabana.

There is public parking on the beach accross from the Bahai Mar, but it closes at about 10 pm and you will be locked in after that time. Tiki Kiliki should just about be living there at this stage of planning so maybe she can confirm when the public parking lot closes.....

THANK YOU!! Last year I stayed at the Clipper, so I didn't pay much attention to the surrounding parking areas, but I vaguely recalled there was very little.
Thanks again!
Luke

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:34 pm   Permalink

Public parking closes at 2 AM and reopens at 6 AM. The Beach parking is $6 during the day and drops to $4 after a certain time in the evening.

The Sheraton yankee clipper has self parking in the garage for guests as part of your stay. Local folks who plan on staying past the close of beach parking can park there too, but its at premium rate. $20 something after a certain amount of hours of your car being there. Call the hotel for details. When I knew I was staying late, I parked there anyway to avoid the towing post 2 AM at beach parking.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 10:01 pm   Permalink

I think that was about 3 am Saturday we were standing in the Atlantic drinking rum and watching the tow truck yank cars out of the beach lot. Some patrons of the full moon drum circle were running after the tow truck.

The Cabana is very popular on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and the valet fills up by 4:30-5 pm from what I noticed over the last 4 years. They park 'em 3 deep in many spots. Parking was included in our stay there, and most times I told them to park me where they wouldn't need to move it. Flying this year, so no parking worries!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-05-21 22:02 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TampaTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-24 09:28 am   Permalink

Awwww Dang...I'm getting so pumped up for the festivities I'm already having a hard time sleeping. A co-carver and I are bringing our last Tiki Bar with us and some Tikis for our stay at the Clipper but can't stay for the JetSetter...I have to travel back to Tampa and be ready to fly out on Monday AM.

WaiTiki just played here a couple of weeks ago and was a lot of fun. They opened up for a local radio stations annual concert event and used some of our Tikis as stage props. It was really funny when they pointed out one of my guys teeth and told everyone that those teeth server a main purpose...efficiently eating water mellons, which is a much needed supplement for a regular diet of charred mammal flesh.

Looking forward to seeing some of y'all there!

Aloha,
Scott

View Profile of TampaTiki Send a personal message to TampaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JETSETTER
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 4:58 pm   Permalink

FIRST-TIMERS: DON'T MISS OUT ON THE GRAND FINALE EVENT HERE @ THE JETSETTER! ROUND-TRIP LUXURY COACH ACCOMMODATIONS CAN BE RESERVED AT THEHUKILAU.COM (WHILE HTEY LAST!) - DRIVING DIRECTIONS AT JETSETTERLOUNGE.COM

A COSMIC BASH NOT TO BE MISSED!

View Profile of JETSETTER Send a personal message to JETSETTER  Email JETSETTER Goto the website of JETSETTER     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 4:52 pm   Permalink

I've had so much fun reading these tips and comments I can't wait to get to the Hukilau!
Look forward to meeting you all!
Kiki Tiki from the Big City (New Yawk)

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 04:59 am   Permalink

Kiki Tiki.....that is a gorgeous dress!.....be sure to fill that room with more TIKI via the Hukilau ........Mahalo

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 06:11 am   Permalink

Hey locals. Have any of you been to the rotating bar in the top of the Phillips 66 building down from the Clipper? It sounds like it could be fantastic. Is it?

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 06:17 am   Permalink

If I'm able to show up on Thursday it wont be until late in the evening. Considering the parking issue, should I even bother? Is there any chance of scoring public parking within walking distance?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation