FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Last Tiki Gathering 2002 Pictures!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Last Tiki Gathering 2002 Pictures!
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 11:19 am   Permalink

Thanks to Cary(C.B.) & Mary-Margaret(FuturaGirl) for their hospitality at their Pajama Party on Saturday night!

BigBroTiki(Sven), Floratina(Tina), VintageGirl(Marsha) & AtomicCocktail(Charles)

The boys enjoying a cocktail or two (or three or four…)

Always lovely women to be found at the gatherings.

Relaxing and reminiscing…

…and a little dancing!

ChikiTiki joining in on the bongo/conga jam!

Thanks too to Sven for the gathering at his bachelor pad, complete with vintage lighting, tikis, artwork, a great scenic view and the "GLUEHWEIN"!

Sven having fun making his 'glow wine'.

Pssst….hey guys….who's the blonde in the leopard pants? Is there any more of Sven's wine left?

Sven's ever-growing Tiki altar.

SugarCaddyDaddy's solemn moment at the altar.

PolyesianPop, Laney & SugarCaddyDaddy

"I don't remember that being in there before…"

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-12-30 11:21 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 11:59 am   Permalink

Who is that good-looking guy in the leopard pants? Wow, what a hottie!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 12:07 pm   Permalink

Sweet fancy moses, Sven, buy yourself some more goddamned shelves before someone gets hurt!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 12:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great time at your homes Futura, CB and BigBro, I think I need some sleep after all that.We had a great time.I hope you all have a fun and safe new year!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-12-30 3:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks and many mahalos to Sven for opening up his wonderful tiki palace to us for the evening. The place is truly an inspiration! And, of course, the Gluewein had us all a-glow with tiki holiday spirit (it was afterall the 5th day of Christmas).

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-12-30 6:30 pm   Permalink

I wish I had been there, but even more: I wish I'd never seen that picture of Adrian.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 7:14 pm   Permalink

Adrian, did you change your hairstyle or something? You look a little different.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 8:12 pm   Permalink

Wow, those pics are soooo ZAZZ! Looks like it was a real good time.

Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 9:20 pm   Permalink

meeeowww!

Hey {i]popi[/i] your looking mighty fine these days, when are you coming back to vegas? GRRRRR...

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 7:22 pm   Permalink

Oh man, The hideousness of that picture will haunt my dreams forever!
Really, thanks, Sven, for opening your house to all. I'm envious of your fantastic lighing (especially that view) and it was amazing to see actual items from The Book of Tiki. But everytime I see a couch on a curb, I'll think of you because you could use another if you plan on having any more shindigs.
It was great, also, to meet more T.C. people.
Thanks to all, Laney
P.S. I'm glad that old guy didn't choke and croak!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 8:10 pm   Permalink

[quote]
Sven, buy yourself some more goddamned shelves
[quote]
But everytime I see a couch on a curb, I'll think of you because you could use another if you plan on having any more shindigs.

Hmmm...I think I will have some more shindigs, but I WON'T INVITE ANY GURLZ ! , 'cause they don't like my Tiki displays, or my couch!

Ha ha, no offense taken.
Tikifish, there are shelves, you just don't see them (not everyone displays their collection on white kitchen shelves). Allow me to quote from my intro to James T.'s Tiki Road Trip:

"Today’s inability to appreciate the quality of patina, the wear and tear that tells that there is a history to a place, has resulted in bland and generic environments without individual character.
In contrast, one of the basic concepts of the Tiki Bar is clutter, a dense jungle comprised of different artifacts and materials from exotic cultures, the jetsam and flotsam of the Seven Seas. Just like in the early museums that inspired the Surrealists, collections of objects are not didactically organized but thrown together to form a layered environment that creates a sense of mystery.
A good Tiki bar is like a good movie: You have to revisit to get the sense that you have seen it all."

And Laney, you are right, that couch is borderline, but that's exactly the kind of esthetic I like: bad taste.
Actually, my REAL couch was so worn out that it needed re-upholstery, but when I found this 8 foot/like new beaute in a Palm Springs thrift store for 170.- bucks, I put the ol' clunker in the garage for later and went COLORFUL! FLOWERY!-Yeah!
I really like that 70s Palm Springs retiree look. With IKEA and "good taste" taking over America, it soon will become extinct.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 10:23 pm   Permalink

Sven, I wasn't saying anything about your couch, just that you need ANOTHER (Or some chairs, or a bench, or some tiki stools.) Just more seating of any kind besides the floor. You have more room than furniture, I have the opposite problem. Next "gratis" couch I find is yours!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-02 11:30 am   Permalink

Oh, ha ha, you were referring to seating availability, now I get it....yeah, usually partiers at my pad divide the main roosts between the front porch (where there is lots of seating) and the kitchen, but it's too nippy for the porch this time of the year. And I like the spaciousness of the living room, it needs it cause the ceilings are so low. So if it is not a Witco couch, I have to politely decline your offer (not that you actually would lug a couch from way down south up to my mountain, but just to be sure).

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-03 9:19 pm   Permalink

I far prefer the intricate and creative "layered environment" to sterile compartmentalized organization any day. It adds character to a home. I also like open spaces in houses especially since I've always lived in cramped quarters myself. Maybe a couple of cool vintage folding chairs might be handy to keep in the closet, but don't ruin that beautiful open space with anything permanent! Of course, who are we to tell a man what to do with his house.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-10 9:21 pm   Permalink

The couch in Sven's Living Room was very comfortable as you can see from the folliwing display...

To see almost 100 pictures of THE infamous weekend of December 28-29 (including those seen here and much much more... such as Sven and the Monkeys seen below) simply go to:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b333e72b05fa

Thank you thank you thank you - to everyone who came out in the rain and made it such a memorable night for all.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation