FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki fridge magnets, Tiki Pin, etc.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki fridge magnets, Tiki Pin, etc.
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 8:40 pm   Permalink

Got some crazy new stuff up! Im really enjoying working with this glaze paint - it makes the pins/magnets/ornaments look like real mugs!

Ze Magnets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2152367856

Ze Pin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2152361751

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 9:01 pm   Permalink

You have magic fingers! Fu Man Chu must be mine!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 9:10 pm   Permalink

Yes, the pins are really really fun to make - Fu Man Chu was my first foray into making a pin, and I also did one that looks like the tiki tiki yokohama mug (the one with the boobs) that I think I will keep - though I may make more of her cause she is so swank. My only concern is if I am stepping on the toes of any of the people who designed these mugs - I think not, as I'm not making MUGS I am making pins to look like the mugs, but I would appreciate your input on this ethical debate nonetheless.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 10:16 pm   Permalink

Ooooh, I really like the magnets. You've outdone yourself yet again. I'm biddin', baby!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 12:20 am   Permalink

Sheesh! How do I always get in the middle of the copy write schpeel? Ancient chinese proverb say...toes...shmoes!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-12-31 00:20 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 07:07 am   Permalink

I had to bid since I didn't know who the other bidder was-something"mama" on the pin. Hope it wasn't another tiki central member. You're very creative Tikifish. I still get comments on my painting all the time and my boyfriend loved the clock I just got. I really enjoy all your pieces. My your new year be inspired even more. Anything going on with the purses you mentioned earlier?

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:02 am   Permalink

Grrrrr! May the best bidder win!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:04 am   Permalink

Uh oh. I guess I owe mrtikibar an apology -- I thought it was a faux pas to swoop in at the last second against a TCer, but I thought it was ok to bid against them.

What's the consensus? I want tikifish to get as much money for them as she can, personally, but I also don't want to cheat a fellow TCer out of something.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:08 am   Permalink

Very nice! Are you planning to make more of the Fu Manchu?

I will probably bid as well so I hope that doesn't upset anyone!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:08 am   Permalink

Divy, I'm out! but I hope I helped Tikifish get a little profit!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-12-31 11:18 ]

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 5:18 pm   Permalink

You know - you could really make these into hair accessories! I would love to wear the Fu Manchu in my red hair!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 6:34 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,
No problem. It's a fair auction and just getting the first bid in shouldn't disqualify all other TCers. But I really wanted those magnets (sniff..sigh). Just kidding. Hey, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 06:50 am   Permalink

I'll look into making hair accessories - I guess I could look for the blank hair clip backings at Michaels like I found the pins... however Michaels is verrrry faaaaaaar away so it won't be anytime too soon, unless I can track down another supplier - Ebay? Hmm!

As for a duplicate Fu Man Chu - maybe! I don't want to make the same thing twice but maybe I'll make another FU Man Chu. I'll change the umbrella or garnish or something!

It's very cool to see you all like my little tiki creations. Every sale helps go towards the purchase of a house with a basement so I can build Toronto's best (if not first) home tiki bar. Yes, I am seriously trying to raise a downpayment by selling things on Ebay!

divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 08:05 am   Permalink

Just wanted to say as far as bidding against me I could care less. May the best bidder win. I know some people get pretty nasty about that sort of thing-not me. A auction is open to everyone in my book.

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 08:07 am   Permalink

Hey Tikifish-I sure you could find some plain hair clips at maybe a dollar store or something like that. Ours here has a craft section and I've seen some hair clips that you could use since they're real plain. Or a fabric shop has them also. You didn't say anything about the purses? Anything on those.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation