FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Polynesiac Carving a Tiki for GEICO on SUNDANCE!! Pg 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Polynesiac Carving a Tiki for GEICO on SUNDANCE!! Pg 7
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 5:11 pm   Permalink

Hi polynesiac,

Your floats are very cool looking and you seem to have overcome all the issues I have read regarding the cutting... well done. I also love the tiki drum player, very sweet

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-18 7:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha and thanks for compliments!

Paipo - thanks bro! that means a lot coming from such a fine artist as yourself. I'd love to go full time, but I'd be worried that it wouldn't be a stress relief anymore. Certainly something to think about, and maybe those really nice and patient people who waiting for a carving would get theirs sooner if I were full time! Got some more pendants coming out of the mold shortly...

Ben - It's always great to hear from you. thanks for the praise on the lamp. This is one of those pieces that I spend way to long on, but I'm glad with how it turned out. It's carved out of redwood and I started it before the hookknife demo (!), so it's all dremel, but I made sure to get the lines as crisp as possible. The rosewood I was going to use the hookknife with, but I could barely scratch the surface of the wood, so I just switched back over to the dremel and had at it. I think I need to get some softer wood for the hook knife. Ben, I hear that place in whittier has been around a while....

Queen K - thank you. I've found a method that works for me and I'm glad that I can produce these for people. That tiki bongo player was a version I did of one of tikibiablo's (www.tikidiablo.com) tikis that resides at the rincon room.

Aloha!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2006-12-19 1:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I've been making some tiki ornament/pendants:

These were oringally carved in rosewood, but these are the molded, hand cast, hand painted off spring. I try and make a different ornament every year to accompany my gifts. These are not for sale, but there may be some left over. I'll post over in Marketplace if there are.

Here's a better view of Kaiku all finished:

He was shipped off to dallas yesterday.

and I'm cross posting this image taken by humuhumu ( from the hulas santa cruz thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22081&forum=2&start=0&16 )

This is a picture of some of my floats up and running at Hula's in Santa Cruz. I drove up a bunch of these for citibeach and he really did a nice job positioning them and decorating his new tiki bar. (WHen I drive them up, it gave me an excuse to cruz over to the FI parking lot sale, catch up with all the cool nor cal tiki peeps AND see the great white at Monterey!!!)

More later!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 2:17 pm   Permalink

Great Balls of Fire!, Those Really look Nice. love the ornament too Poly

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 4:20 pm   Permalink

Those glass balls really do look great!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 4:27 pm   Permalink

I wanna tiki ornament/pendant...awsome...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 7:42 pm   Permalink

I'm still interested in a trade for one of dem globes. I'll start working on something and see what you think.(I had intended to do a whole bunch of "showing off your balls" jokes but thought better of it).
The pendants are cool, nice solid looking style.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 10:13 am   Permalink

Hell Yeah!! fBalls wants on that ornament wagon. Lookin sweet!

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2007-09-29 7:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha amigos!

I finally finished up the tiki I started WAY back at the Oki, Oki in July of 2006. I tell ya, I think I'm finally getting the hang of carving fast. He's called "Tiki Polyboskiablo" because both Danny and bosko influenced the design (and chopped a bit on him too). I was going to put a wee, fat belly on him, but danny suggested a skull instead. Being one to never follow peer pressure or suggestions, I carved a skull in a tiki tony kinda influenced way. (I already ripped off bosko and danny in the design, so why not add a little tiki tony too?). He stands a little over three feet tall:

A close up of the skull - I like how the painting turned out.

The kon tiki pirate I did a while ago got cast and painted for TO 6 ( a limited run of 10), but I decided to try some different colors on the pendants, so I re cast some and painted them up:

Kon Tiki Pirate:

Big nose tiki (no real name for this wee fella):

And finally here's a picture for the increadibly patient f-balls. coming soon!!! (not quite may, but soon!)

Thanks for looking!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-29 8:51 pm   Permalink

(I already ripped off bosko and danny in the design, so why not add a little tiki tony too?)

Who could not like it? All those influences in there. Throw a little Crazy Al in the mix and Kirby would have been all about it

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2007-09-29 9:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Teakey! Kirby actually had his mitts on this guy too and offered some input, so I guess I should put his name in there somewhere...how's about...

"tiki kirpolyboskiablo"!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-29 11:01 pm   Permalink

Your style RULES it, Polynesiac. Definitely got to have me one, one of these days. Keep it up, man, and more pics more frequently!

Kahaka

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-30 05:20 am   Permalink

Well it's About time you got that tiki finished. It looks great as well it should knowing your skill level. Nice to see you post Any tiki Poly! You might learn how to do this one day

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-30 6:35 pm   Permalink

I love the "tiki kirpolyboskiablo". Great style and cool paint. keep them comin.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 05:08 am   Permalink

Cool carves Poly! Post more when the baby tang is finished!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation