FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2006 - Daily Update, Messages, Photos - Post Here
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hukilau 2006 - Daily Update, Messages, Photos - Post Here
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 06:50 am   Permalink

Aloha to All,

I started this thread as a way for Hukilau attendees to post and/or communicate with others about the activities of Hukilau 2006.

I got in yesterday (Wed) and observed first hand all the hard work Kiliki and her team are putting forth for this event. It is amazing just how much detail there is in getting an event like this produced.

We had a nice get together last night at the Mai Kai where all the early arrivers converged to kick things off. Floor show, drinks, old and new ohana, and the atmosphere provided a great start for the event.

I Bella de Waikiki arrived last night and are excited to be performing at Hukilau once again.

Basement Kahuna arrived with many of his thrift store finds (many for sale) and, more importantly, some of his beautiful carvings. Other vendors are also gearing up for the Tiki Bazaar which will be bigger than previous years.

BK also received a tremendous honor last night when a nearly 5 foot tiki he carved and gave to the Mai Kai was unveiled. It was placed in the enclosed garden adjacent to the stage. It is in the center of the garden and is striking in the setting amongst the waterfall, lava rocks and other various tikis. I will try to get a picture up.

Kiliki and BK are off early this morning to the local NBC affiliate to do a segment on the event. They are taking also sorts of clothing, artifacts, mugs, exotica music, etc. to show during the interview. What a great way to get the general public interested in our passions.

Things officially start at 10 a.m. so everybody get ready! And to all the attendees, get some comments and photos up for the ohana that is unable to make it (this year) to The Hukilau.

Balmy regards,

TB

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2006-10-05 06:57 ]

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 08:08 am   Permalink

Aloha from the Molokai Bar at the Mai-Kai!

Poptiki and Tikikiliki

Tiki guarding the Chinese Ovens.

Stumpgrinder says Hi!

And more
here as the weekend continues...

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 09:43 am   Permalink

Boy howdy!
Wish I was there!!!!
everyone have a lil bit of extra fun for
all of us that can't be there.
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 10:13 am   Permalink

And just a few snaps from last night...

Shameless family photo...PopTiki and TikiMom

Andy and a couple other wonderful folks whose names have slipped my mind (Damn Jet Pilots)

Loki and PopTiki

How many TCers can you spot in this pic?

Otikiniko in a rare moment in FRONT of the camera

Basement Kahuna and the Marq sporting an offical Glow in The Dark BK button

Ms. TikiKiliki in a rare standing still Hukilau moment, and sporting some pretty swell ink.

And...The Marquesan and Mr. Beachbum

More to come as the event progresses!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMarc

Posted: 2006-10-05 1:09 pm   Permalink

We arrived early yesterday and the front desk at the yankee clipper gave us a flyer about a Kava Lounge at sunrise and A1a that serves real Vannauutu Kava, we had to check it out, it was unbeleivable, it was called Kahuna Awa Kava lounge, they serve authentic Kava in ceremonial bowls for $25, we drank a bowl between the 2 of us and got completly blasted,we could hardly walk back to the hotel, hell of an experience,I recommend everyone check this spot out

View Profile of TikiMarc Send a personal message to TikiMarc  Email TikiMarc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 05:03 am   Permalink

if you see someone like this, or wearing a blue fez, give him a drink

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 05:30 am   Permalink

Keep those pictures coming! Looks like everyone is having fun!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-06 06:16 am   Permalink

Love that tattoo. Looks like fun down there

View Profile of Matiki Send a personal message to Matiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 08:56 am   Permalink

Seeing these pics makes me wish I were there for the last two nights!

I guess I can wait til tomorrow. In less than 24 hrs, I'll be there!!!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 11:17 am   Permalink

Just a few pics from last nights kick off party at the cabana.
The Haole/Wholly Kats setting up...

some of the I Belli Di Waikiki guys before the show..they played an awesome set by the way.

i have no idea why, but we had arm wrestling too....high stakes

more to come....

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MobileTikiBar
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-06 12:14 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple from last night and today! We're having a great time so far, tons of really nice people.

-adrian

[ This Message was edited by: MobileTikiBar 2006-10-06 12:15 ]

View Profile of MobileTikiBar Send a personal message to MobileTikiBar  Goto the website of MobileTikiBar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 2:41 pm   Permalink

OMG OMG OMG
I wish i was there.
If that cute lil buddy of mine Pep Torres is still around, could
someone tell him Hi from me?
Thanks much!

All those goodies for sale are just killin me, FABOOOOO stuff!

Pea

[ This Message was edited by: sweetpea 2006-10-06 14:42 ]

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 7:19 pm   Permalink

Good to see a shot of Lakesurfer....one Wisconsinite made it...now where is Finkdaddy? This looks
like too much fun...gotta go next year!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 11:54 pm   Permalink

More! More! More!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-07 01:04 am   Permalink

Hukilau 2006 is a blast! Having fun here with Mistah Ho, and soon... Space Kadet & TMoX!

Here's a coconut!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation