FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2006 - Daily Update, Messages, Photos - Post Here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hukilau 2006 - Daily Update, Messages, Photos - Post Here
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 08:04 am   Permalink

What is everyone looking at?

That is what everyone is looking at. The First Mermaid to swim in the Wreck Bar in over 20 years.

And more can be seen
here...

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brittanie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-08 11:23 pm   Permalink

Y'all, I'm so jealous I could spit nails. Eighteen months in Korea means two missed Hukilaus (plus countless other funtimes). Damn!

View Profile of Brittanie Send a personal message to Brittanie  Email Brittanie Goto the website of Brittanie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 07:22 am   Permalink

Oy! What a weekend! I need days of rest to recover! What can you say? Great times with great people... Managed to get to bed before the sun came up each night. Managed not to have any hangovers. Came home with no money. Sunburned. Pablus on the Mai Kai stage was great. Need sleep...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-09 1:31 pm   Permalink

I'm at Fort Lauderdale airport right now getting ready to board the 'end of the Hukilau' plane back to Detroit (where snow is forecasted for this Thursday)! What a blast we had! This certainly makes up for our 2004 evacuation c/o Hurricane Jeanne. We met cool people, made a few new friends, got sunburned, played ukes until sunrise and damaged our livers. A successful vacation by any standard. Special shout out to the Long Island Contingency, Vic & Susan, Black Sands, Charle, Jen and the rest of the Rooftop Jammers, Haole Kats, Ape & Crazy Al, King Kukulele & family and of course Tiki Kiliki and associates. I'll be posting some pictures in a few days. ALOHA!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Ukulare 2006-10-09 13:34 ]

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 6:51 pm   Permalink

Hey guys!
Hukilau was my first immersion in a tiki event. I have glanced at this site many times but never posted. Some of the great people I met at Hukilau, though, suggested that I do...so here I am! We can consider this my formal tiki society debut! lol Let me say thank you to all the people who went out of their way to be welcoming to the new guys! Because of some of you, I had a really wonderful weekend...and came away with a much smaller wallet, but a bigger mug collection! lol Once I have time to sit down and peruse the entire site and learn to post pics, I will share some of the ones I took as well as give more thoughts on the entire event.
In the meantime, let me say Hi and a huge thanks to *forgive me for using real names until I learn these tiki handles* Casey, Alan, Alice, Savannah, and especially Elizabeth! I promised you all I would post here, so here I am...get in touch with me! And find me a more creative tiki name! lol
Noel
SouthBamaTiki

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 7:21 pm   Permalink

And how could I possibly have missed TikiBree?!?! The most beautiful mermaid to grace the Seven Seas...or a swimming pool

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 09:34 am   Permalink

Well, it is pictures like this that warm the cockles of my heart. We did have a rip-roaring fun time in the congo line with the lobsters!

Thanks to all who participated in the Tiki Bob's Tiki Bobster Fest!

Anybody have any more photos?

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation