FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki rejected by the cool kids
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
rejected by the cool kids
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 1:30 pm   Permalink

The coolest kids --

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 1:38 pm   Permalink

These guys were cool, yet uncool all at the same time.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 4:01 pm   Permalink

Oh Yeah!!! How about these guys. They're even COOLER! Recognize anyone???

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 4:56 pm   Permalink

Yeah, isn't that you second from left Pop?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 4:58 pm   Permalink

uh huh, and Brittney Spears front row right. Hey Pop, I'm only 6 posts behind you. See what happens when you go underground.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 5:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-06 12:44, Turbogod wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-06 11:09, rodeotiki wrote:
Isnt it interesting how almost everyone replying on this thread is a Bali Hijinks participant.

Ahhh I'm sure the Scottish Clown doctors are way too busy to reply. BH is in no way affiliated with TC (ad
nauseum), so why bitch about it here? If I tried to become friends with on of the TC members on My Space
do I have a reason to complain here if they rejected my offer? Sometimes people prefer quality over quantity.
You know, from what I remember when I signed up, I got a rejection email.
Later, I found out the rejection letter was just a test. If you got the email and kept it to yourself, you got
a secret link to a magical HTML page filled with your hearts desires sent to you in
near a fortnight. But if you complained out loud to the entire world..... Well I
don't really know, I didn't do that, plus I followed the
rules and was sponsored by someone was already a member that a I knew. As far as I can tell,
you've got to look at it as an Insane Asylum. Maybe the it's not about gettin in, but about not getting out.
<sarchasm 101>

[ This Message was edited by: turbogod 2006-10-06 13:33 ]

oooh, you have to be "worthy" to be signed up. whatever... (wheres a damn smiley rolling their eyes when you need one?)

Even amongst us nerds theres elitists...

And why not discuss BH on here? TC is for EVERYONE interested in tiki to discuss tiki and the tiki community. That includes other tiki websites and groups, like tiki magazine and other tiki forums...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 6:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-06 17:12, hewey wrote:

oooh, you have to be "worthy" to be signed up. whatever... (wheres a damn smiley rolling their eyes when you need one?)

Nope, just sarcastic. BTW they're right here.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 6:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-06 09:48, woofmutt wrote:
The "cool kid" groups I always encountered were mainly "cool" because they proclaimed themselves thus. By limiting access and interaction they kept their little cliques exclusive. For some reason their artificial status was desirable by those on the outside. I never got that, the "cool kids" were in general the least creative, interesting, or intelligent kids around. Usually they just had the "right" clothes and gossiped a lot.

Of course "cool kids' groups are alive and well in the grownup world. From private clubs to gated communities to Costco membership. And for some reason folks still want in. But exclusive groups know they need to remain exclusive because they pretty much can't hack it in the real world. It's kind of similar to being quarantined, but instead of the general population not wanting the disease to spread an exclusive population is terrified they may catch something.

I like the arrangement: Exclusivity is a mindset I'd rather not see spread. I'd rather see it kept in a gilded cage.

Costco is amazing. The best thing about costco though are the free samples. Beyond that it's a bunch of garbage you really don't have room for in your freezer, and you can't get rid of it for like a year afterwards. Sounds like a lot of fun.

TT

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 6:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

And why not discuss BH on here? TC is for EVERYONE interested in tiki to discuss tiki and the tiki community. That includes other tiki websites and groups, like tiki magazine and other tiki forums...

I'm not quite sure why it keeps needing to be repeated, but here goes one more time.
BH IS NOT A TIKI SITE. Yes, we may occasionally talk Tiki but it is only ONE aspect of the site. Is Amazon a Tiki site because the sell The Book of Tiki?

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 8:53 pm   Permalink

I'm not quite sure why it keeps needing to be repeated...
-badmojo-

Because everyone knows you'll repeat it and they love the way say it! So warm and folksy! Like a time in America that is now lost to us forever...

Sigh.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-10-06 9:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-06 21:18, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-06 20:53, woofmutt wrote:
I'm not quite sure why it keeps needing to be repeated...
-badmojo-

Because everyone knows you'll repeat it and they love the way say it! So warm and folksy! Like a time in America that is now lost to us forever...

Sigh.

it's not lost. It's just a little different:

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-07 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 17:24, Tangaroa wrote:
I used to go to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm with a cassette recorder, so I could record the rides and listen to them at home. I did this with the film Ghostbusters as well.

I still do stuff like that. I know it's geeky. But I love it!

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 04:42 am   Permalink

yeah yup you guys are all dorks i wouldnt let you in my club either...and my club is mighty dorky but no, no way you guys are all losers .

Kreepytiki

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 05:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-06 18:54, badmojo wrote:
Quote:

I'm not quite sure why it keeps needing to be repeated, but here goes one more time.
BH IS NOT A TIKI SITE. Yes, we may occasionally talk Tiki but it is only ONE aspect of the site. Is Amazon a Tiki site because the sell The Book of Tiki?

So now you're saying that Amazon ISN'T tiki? I beg to differ, do you forget that they also sell Beachbum Berry's book, or isn't that tiki enough for ya?

I personally have never had any problems with Amazon and they've accepted my book orders every time, without checking my tiki credentials, impressive as they are.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 06:23 am   Permalink

Whoa! Children, play nice or I'm going to have to separate you! Oh... nevermind.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation