FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau Pictures
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hukilau Pictures
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 9:15 pm   Permalink

Here are a few of the pictures I took at the Mai Kai to start off with.

More later.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-10-08 21:21 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 10:22 pm   Permalink

More now! Awesome pics! I like how you got that Marquesan pole into those pics, the framing is perfect. Man, there's some great looking stuff at the vendor's tables...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 10:36 pm   Permalink

hey paipo.....whats great is we got to spend a wonderful dinner with a great friend in Benz and Sherry and got to meet some great new friends along the way...benz, Victor, Paul and all the others at the table..it was a great evening...more pics to come......

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 07:55 am   Permalink

And more
here....

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 10:05 am   Permalink

BTW, this awesome Bamboo Ben original, I think, is now owned by Mai Kai GM Kern. I think the matching pants went too. Incredible work!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 10:08 am   Permalink

i dunno - maybe want to get that sucker dry cleaned. That looks like a pretty absorbant fabric and those pics look like Bamboo Ben is getting his groove (and sweat) ON!

mg

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 1:52 pm   Permalink

I've finished uploading my pictures -- almost 450 of them! Here are the links:

Hukilau 2006 (this is the parent folder)

Wednesday

Oh We're Goin... (kickoff at Forbidden Island, the ride to the airport, and watching Martiki's NyQuil kick in at the airport)

Thursday

Getting Settled (the view from our hotel room, lunch with the APE boys)

Mai-Kai (a quick trip to the Mai-Kai, with lots of pictures of the Molokai bar, dining rooms and gardens)

Bahia Cabana (the Hukilau kickoff at the Bahia Cabana, lots of pictures of TCers)

Friday

Tiki Carving (beachside carving by Lake Surfer, Keigs, Basement Kahuna and Crazy Al)

Mermaid at the Wreck Bar (the very crowded Wreck Bar at the Clipper, plus some from-above shots of the lovely mermaid, Tiki Bree)

Bahia Mar (the Friday night shindig, lots more pictures of TCers)

Atlantic Afterparty (pictures from a quick drink-making pitstop at Basement Kahuna's room on our way to the beach)

Saturday

Mai-Kai (the main event, with pictures of the dancers, Beachbum Berry's Mystery Drink, Waitiki, the Haole Kats, and tons of TCers)

Sunday

The Beachbum on the Beachcomber (Jeff Berry's seminar on the history of Don the Beachcomber and how his drinks propogated across the country)

Mai-Kai (after being inspired by Jeff's talk, we opted to change our flight so we could go back to the Mai-Kai again)

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-10-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-09 10:05, Swanky wrote:
BTW, this awesome Bamboo Ben original, I think, is now owned by Mai Kai GM Kern.

Oh yeah it is. By force.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-10 3:04 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much for the fantastic photo's Humuhumu. I dropped a Martin Denny CD in and felt like I was there. My wife and I hope to make it up to Forbidden Island sometime in the spring to sample those amazing cocktails. Thanks again. Mark @ Jeannette.

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-10-10 3:45 pm   Permalink

as usual, i didnt take many pictures of people (yes, i have food pix to post elsewhere) ~ here's a few taken during Hukilau Weekend..

Todd & elicia in the Mai Kai Garden

Sandwich Island Jackets

Lady Velour, Utopean Dreem, Johnny Velour, Todd

Puamana & Selector Lopaka

Todd at the helm of the Yankee Clipper

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
touchythetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-10 4:46 pm   Permalink

now if I hadnt forgot my camera Friday and Saturday night, I prolly would either have a bunch of pictures or lost the camera. damn the alcohol that numbed my numbed brain.......Maybe '07's I can super glue it to my head.

View Profile of touchythetiki Send a personal message to touchythetiki  Email touchythetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 7:41 pm   Permalink

Trying to share a few pics from Hukilau...be patient..it's my first effort!

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 8:05 pm   Permalink

I gotta get there one year...

Looks tops

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-10 9:29 pm   Permalink

To ALL that put their time and effort to get this event going. To ALL the artist that dedicated their time to be part of the Hukilau.
Thank You, Thank You Thank You...........

It was great to meet so many new people. From the Bahia Cabana party on Thurs. to The Jetsetter Lounge on Sunday. It was a Blast!!!!

Here are a some pictures.

http://www.biffinc.com/Hukilau2006/Hukilau2006.html

Thanks again EVERYONE!!! HIGH FIVE!!!
Next Stop Oasis -August 16-18.........or is Hukilau. Already announced - June 14-17

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-10-10 9:44 pm   Permalink

WOOOOHOOO Goddess-Sun! Mahalo for posting your pics. Looks like you and your Clan had a Blast

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation