FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hukilau Pictures
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 6:10 pm   Permalink

Well since I took over 300 pics here are few to injoy:
music friday eve

music and carving APE

they CAN dance

friday eve late room jam

fri eve late mobile tiki bar

My favorite shot form fri touchthetiki and freddie ballsomic

sat eve Mai kai mystery bowl w/ f.balls- my eyes still hurt from Fri

mystery bowl delivery

sat eve master of cermonies - I like his voice!

What more can I say it was a success!

Hope you injoyed it!

[ This Message was edited by: sneakyjack 2006-10-12 18:15 ]

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
touchythetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-12 7:41 pm   Permalink

I just want to say Holy Smokes! What a weekend! I even got my picture takin by the Sneakyjack! My first not only Hukilau but first hardcore tiki event, Once again..next year glueing my camera to my forehead so I dont forget it each and everyday! Thank you everybody for your awesome pictures and videos that I can send and show to friends!

View Profile of touchythetiki Send a personal message to touchythetiki  Email touchythetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 05:58 am   Permalink

Server and dancer.

Bree!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-13 12:07 pm   Permalink

I forgot to mention, the Mai-Kai photo exhibit was amazing! Mahalo to the Mai-Kai for sharing all those priceless photos from their archives.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-13 12:08 pm   Permalink

Heres a few I took. I would have been happy driving 20 plus hours
just to meet Bungy! Every now and then you meet someone who you will
never forget, their zest for life changes you for the better.
Thanks for the dance Bungy!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-13 11:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-12 09:17, bigbrotiki wrote:
The responsibility of being the Big Brother is not easy to handle sometimes. Those who know me in a small group, know me as an open person on a one to one basis, usually. And you might not think this, but I am constantly worried that me not remembering the names and faces of ALL the Tikiphiles I have met throughout the years will be interpreted as arrogance, and apparently it was in the above mentioned case.

And then all Saturday I was upstairs seeing all the lectures (I even had to get food brought up there to eat something)and do mine, and BAM it was time to head over to the Mai Kai...
[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2006-10-12 09:19 ]

I missed the original complaint here but I just have to throw my two cents in.
First off I have known Sven for a very long time and while he can be dry he is not rude.
He has given a lot to the Tiki scene and the people in the scene.

Try sharing your life, knowledge and passion with about 500 people in a matter of days (hours?) and see how you feel. Just to talk to so many different people is draining, let alone trying to keep to a schedule or, God forbid, take some personal time for yourself.

Sven's forte is his research and diligence and he shared that with everyone in the form of a slide show. He delivered on that.

I don't think it is fair to complain if he failed to be cordial to every single person at an event the size of Hukilau (I know how tough it is Sven!)

Pop, if you are lurking I think an apology is in order

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bungy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-14 11:47 am   Permalink

You were the funniest, happiest Hukilauer in Ft Lauderdale.. It wa sa PRIVELEGE sharing the dance floor with you... and a million ohters!!! Bungy

View Profile of bungy Send a personal message to bungy  Email bungy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bungy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-14 12:00 pm   Permalink

My last comment should have gone to Tikiskip!!! I still can't figure out a computer!
To ALL!!! I had a great time.. you were all so sweet and happy!!! It was a thrill putting faces to email names!!! (I still can't remember teh real names!) I really enjoyed meeting SVEN!! Who was so kind to me!!!And King Kukulele who is so funny!!! And Big Al, who, just when I thought that noone could possibly invent somehting new!!! DID!!! Both your singing act and your carving were terrific!!! I had a great time, and will see ya'll again some time!! If any of you get this way to Central Texas, give me a "Howdy", and I'll get out my ukulele and grass skirt.. and do Hukilau!!
Iorana!!! Auntie Bungy

Tikikaliki did as great job! What a project!!!

View Profile of bungy Send a personal message to bungy  Email bungy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 7:04 pm   Permalink

Just a few pics...

Me and the missus at the Wreck waiting for the mermaid.

The sis and b-in-law(Lucydiamondtiki).

The funniest couple at Hukilau.

Me and my new friend TravelingJones.

Ooh..someone picking a Mai Kai tiki's nose.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stoked

Posted: 2006-10-14 9:43 pm   Permalink

Had a blast, no doubt due to starting with a Jet Pilot.

View Profile of stoked Send a personal message to stoked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 12:20 pm   Permalink

To All,

I apologized to bigbro and many other members directly and now I'm here to apologize to the whole community for my thoughtless and unkind remarks.

Regretfully I can't change what's past.

Please accept my sincere apology.

poptiki

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-10-15 12:31 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 6:08 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 6:33 pm   Permalink

I had a great time as far as I can recall. It was great to see all of the awesome people I met at the SF Pub Crawl out here & have a chance to meet some great new folks. To bad the Wahine could not make this one. I wish that I could have made it to all of the seminars but my schedule of consumption proved to be non-conducive to these activities.

Do I know you people?

These guys threatened to beat me up if I did not take their picture! Really!

Cheer up, will ya!

I did not get a chance to meet these guys but they looked like a whole lot o' fun!

Great Balls Of Fire!

Here are some more people I did not get a chance to meet. It must be my shy nature.
By the way, HI! I'm Bill... er "Bohemiann".
Sometimes I get confused and stop answering to Bill and it really confuses people at work.

Here's one of those shots that did not really work out till I photo-shopped the s*%#! out of it

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2006-10-15 18:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2006-10-15 19:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2006-10-15 19:10 ]

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-18 7:32 pm   Permalink

Photos from Mr. Ho's camera! Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30459236@N00/sets/72157594334997976/

(on Flickr)

Okonkuluku!

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 4:43 pm   Permalink

Here is a great picture of various FOM members during the Hukilau 2006..................

Jet Sterling, Trader Jeff, Chisel Slinger, KuKu Ahu, Yertikimom, Tiki Rodder

What a GREAT time!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation