FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show and Sale Minnie's Restaurant Sunday Oct. 29
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Art Show and Sale Minnie's Restaurant Sunday Oct. 29
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-17 12:30, Jungle Trader wrote:
COOL! Suzanne is the Wohman!
It will be good to have that feminine touch, right alongside Mojo's shrunken heads, Chongolio's monkey art, my crazy tikis and hand painted Minnie's mugs, Hat & Cleens esoteric collections. Oh and Mighty Mick says he might have a few things to show.

heeee heeeeeeee Keep it up, JT. I like that

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-18 4:21 pm   Permalink

Can I get a witness? can I get a witnesssss? can I get a witnesssss? to hand out flyers in Stockton? Where are the Stockton brethren? Atwater, Merced, Fresno?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Ice
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-20 6:30 pm   Permalink

Hey Jungle Trader what size are the spaces? What kind of a turn out do you expect? Oh yes I would need the Seahawks on tv too.

Artistic Sculpting

View Profile of Tiki Ice Send a personal message to Tiki Ice  Email Tiki Ice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-10-20 7:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-11 00:50, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:

What's the food like at Minnie's?

bwahhhahahahahahaha!!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 7:39 pm   Permalink

It's sassy, but not too precocious.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 8:43 pm   Permalink

Tiki Ice, would it be possible to see images of your product?

The food at Minnie's is..........bwahahahahaha!

Let me just say, that the food, is better than the drinks. But hey the atmosphere is very good, especially when you get a lot of Tiki people together.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 3:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-20 20:43, Jungle Trader wrote:
Tiki Ice, would it be possible to see images of your product?

The food at Minnie's is..........bwahahahahaha!

Let me just say, that the food, is better than the drinks. But hey the atmosphere is very good, especially when you get a lot of Tiki people together.

Well, what can I say? A picture DOES say a thousand words! My stomach is feeling pretty unsettled! Funny thing about Chinese food is that when it's good it's one of my favorites.....when it's bad....well, again just look at the photo! And take it from me...I lived in Taiwan for over 5 months...I ate things there that would make a Billy Goat Puke!
Let me just say "DUCK'S TONGUE a Chinese Delicacy!"

Not even good drinks?
How did this become a TC hang? Someone please refresh my memory!

So, how upset do you think the owners of Minnie's will be when da Mrs.Mojo and I show up with Take Out Chinese Food and a Gallon Bag of Martin's Forbidden Island Cocktail?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 5:37 pm   Permalink

Ah, The Jerk is the best drink in the house and they can make a Hurricane with Meyer's that is tasty. Rum Runner's.....oh come on, we are sooo spoiled. I've never been turned down by a beer.

Hey Chongolio and Drunken Hat, can you guys bring your ukes and maybe jam a little?

dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-24 1:31 pm   Permalink

I may not be able to attend after all. Election is a mere two weeks away and I have only walked one out of 11 precincts!!

If anyone wants to help me pass out flyers on Saturday, PM me. I will buy you ANYTHING YOU WANT at Minnies or any other bay area tiki bar - either on Sunday Oct 29 (if I can make it) or anytime AFTER November 7...

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 01:20 am   Permalink

Yeah Dangergirl, after Nov 7th, you're all ours!!
Best of Luck!!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-25 10:28 am   Permalink

Thanks man, I'm counting the days!

by the way, keep your eyes peeled on the local papers in the next few days - there is a scandal erupting (big surprise...)

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 11:56 am   Permalink

Looks like Tiki Ice has commited for vending. Lotsa cool stuff folks. Be there or miss out on some cool stuff.

Set up will begin at 11:30 am.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 5:57 pm   Permalink

Here are some new and unusual Tikis we have now from a Southern California Carver.
The good news is that his prices are competitive with the import tikis!
Tallest one is about 4 1/2 feet!

Dr.TikiMojo is trying to escape the "IMPORT TIKI"

But we do still have a few imports! Here is a Custom Painted one by the good Doctor himself!

If there is No interest in large items such as Tiki TELL ME! Den da Mrs.Mojo & I will only bring da wee bitty items that fit easily in the Tiki Cruiser!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 10:03 pm   Permalink

Good Doctor, what Polynesian culture are those carving designs based on?
Please don't buy anymore carvings from that naughty man.

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-25 22:03, Jungle Trader wrote:
Good Doctor, what Polynesian culture are those carving designs based on?
Please don't buy anymore carvings from that naughty man.

Not out to pick a fight or anything but in answer to your question, I guess it would be the part of Polynesian Culture that I have found MOST of Tiki Central to be based on. I've heard some people say Munktiki's mugs for the majority don't have a "Polynesian" theme, does Witco, does Hot Rod car culture have any association with Tiki?

If it's made of RESIN instead of wood should it be banned from all things Tiki?

Mrs.Mojo and I have said how the cool thing in the "Tiki Scene" is the merging of several "sub-cultures" that all find a common bond in TIKI - Polynesian/Hawaiian, Surf, 50's Retro, Scooters, Hot Rod/Car Culture, (should they have banned the Tiki at the Drive In type events?), Musicians, Artists, open minded free thinkers, Lounge, Vegas, Elvis, B Movies, and certainly everyone in search of a GOOD COCKTAIL!

What has Booze got to do with Polynesia?

Should we "clean house" and look at the TC thread about what TC is all about and start removing ALL THINGS NOT POLYNESIAN/HAWAIIAN or can verify their link to said topic and "THE BOOK OF TIKI" ACTUALLY becomes THE BIBLE to all things Tiki.....oh, but wait if it's an "American" or other "Non-Polynesian" carving or creation then I guess it's NOT POLYNESIAN!

I apologize in advance if it sounds like I'm going off on a tangent but this is not the first time I've heard such comments to me or many other artists on TC and I didn't realize that there was a certain "criteria" that we were supposed to be following?

There's a saying, "Different strokes for different folks".

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation