FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show and Sale Minnie's Restaurant Sunday Oct. 29
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Art Show and Sale Minnie's Restaurant Sunday Oct. 29
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 8:11 pm   Permalink

if anyone wants to check out the dark marq room we are willing to have folks over saturday evening and sunday after the sale. we will be here either way so just pm tikicleen or myself and let us know your coming in advance. you could post to this thread as well.

thanks

scott

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 9:15 pm   Permalink

Mojo, now you're talking about TC.
I'm talking about The Tiki Art Show/Sale. You asked, I answered.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 9:22 pm   Permalink

Sure there's lots of crossover. That's all good. There always will be. Bring them if you like, let's see what kind of reaction you get from them.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 10:18 am   Permalink

Sorry Vic,

You're right! I misread the invite about it being a "Tiki" Art Show.

That makes it easier for us anyhow. We can leave all the BIG stuff at home along with all of the Eames Era-style, one of a kind art pieces by Tyger Jimmy and the metal Tiki lamp/wall sconce....more along the Hot Rod lines than Polynesian.

OK, I think I'm clear on this now.....thanks!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 08:02 am   Permalink

Disneyland doesn't have anything on The Dark Marq Bar.....which truly may be the ''Happiest Place on Earth''........cuz the drinks are sooo tasty!

My schedule won't allow me to make it....but damm it's tempting.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 09:29 am   Permalink

Tomorrow will be a sunny 75 degrees. Perfect fall day for a shindig and show.
From the 99, you'll want to take the Kansas Ave. exit and head east. At the first signal you'll take a right, then make an immediate left to go over the bridge. You'll be on Needham. Stay on Needham for approximately one mile. Just before you get to McHenry, on the left side you'll see the rear parking lot entrance to Minnie's. You'll also see the huge 10ft. rootball tiki by the ramp.

Come on out all you Modern Primitives and get in touch with your inner native.

Tiki Ice
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-28 10:38 am   Permalink

Sorry guys no pictures yet. Tiki Thai Guy has to have his daughter put them up mabe today. Hey Mojo you've seen them already. We were at the Tiki fest in Long Beach. Pratan and James dude. See you guys on Sunday.

View Profile of Tiki Ice Send a personal message to Tiki Ice  Email Tiki Ice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 09:43 am   Permalink

LAST CALL FOR MINNIE'S!!!

Come on what else could you be doing on a Sunday between 1PM and 5PM?

Stop by, hang out with friends, share a and some , listen to some , maybe buy yourself a or a from one of the vendors!

While you're at it stop by TIKI HUNTER and say hello to the Doctor..... I won't bite!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Woo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-29 11:46 am   Permalink

Cya there!

View Profile of Tiki Woo Send a personal message to Tiki Woo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 1:17 pm   Permalink

So Sorry I had back out. I tried to take it easy but a bug moved in and wouldn't leave and I am feelin' crappier then texas outhouse during a weekend chili cook-off. I hope you all are having a good time.

Next time!
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 7:36 pm   Permalink

Sorry you couldn't make it Chongolio. Same with Suzanne. Just bad luck.
We all did very well as vendors and the people who came to look/see were serious buyers. It worked well for everyone, especially Hat and Cleen. They scored some very unusual items from Stuart. Thanks everyone for coming out. Already planning another one for next summer.
JenTiki, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Woo, I'm looking forward to carving that Marq for you. It's gonna be a good one.
Doc and Eva, I'm glad everything worked out. I love your stuff. Thanks for the Gecko pendant and Finkdaddy's art. I love it.
Bullet, thanks again for your support. Can't wait for somebody in Sactown to throw a shindig.
quickiki and his lady showed up. Good to just sit and talk.
Might Mick did a live carving demo with mallet and chisel. Thanks Mick.
Thanks Peter and Stuart.
Just met Tiki Ice today for the first time. Good to meet you and glad you did so well. All the way from TomorrowLand.
Kaneleia (sp?) showed up too.
Thanks again.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-10-29 19:59 ]

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 8:51 pm   Permalink

JT -- Thanks for putting together a fun event and bringing the stuff I asked for. The mugs and t-shirt are fabulous!

Chongolio -- totally bummed you couldn't make it. I must have a Chongolio original before you run off to the islands. Hope you feel better soon.

Suzanne -- Car problems suck! You were greatly missed!

Hat, Cleen, Dr. Tiki Mojo, and Tiki Ice -- Thanks for selling all the cool stuff. I even managed to stay within my budget while still getting some great tiki things.

A fun event that was worth the long drive from Alameda! Must do it again!

Cheers,
Jen

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 07:18 am   Permalink

Alice and I had fun visiting with JT, the Hat and Cleen. You guys are great hosts.

JT, your work is awesome and your root ball tiki at Minnie's is worth the drive in itself. Please post pictures of the tiki Woo has commissioned you to carve. We need to see more of your work on TC!

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 07:01 am   Permalink

I was one of the unfortunate ones unable to attend this event and sincerely hope there will be another.

Any chance pictures will be posted?

Thanks,

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but what are you)?

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 3:10 pm   Permalink

Hi Everyone!

I was really bummed not to make it too. Car problems really do suck and even though I got it attended to, it was way too late to make the trek, I would have missed the whole thing. I hope that I'll be able to see more of you very soon though! I'm glad it was an excellent event!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation