[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Collecting Tiki ╗ ╗ Trade thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Trade thread
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 10:35 am   Permalink

Well what do you think, should we start a trading thread?

We could help each other out by getting pieces we need and getting rid of the extra mugs we dont really need.Im sure there are alot of ppl here who are sick of ebay mark ups, and just want to pay a decent price for a simple PMP mug or whatever.

kick it around

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikirob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:00 am   Permalink

Hula Hula,
I think this is a great idea! I know that I have a number of spare mugs & misc. tiki related items that I was planning to list on ebay, but would rather trade. This way list members could get exactly what they need for their collections without breaking the bank. Maybe a TC member with a website, such as Tikihula's tiki gallery, could help with hosting of the photos and contact info.

Tikirob

View Profile of Tikirob Send a personal message to Tikirob  Email Tikirob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:45 am   Permalink

That's a great idea. I'll set up a gallery that people can add pics of their trades to along with email info and descriptions. People can even save pics out of the other galleries and then upload them to the trade gallery so that they don't have to take photos themselves if they don't want to.

Then people can post links on a tiki trade TC thread to let people know about it. Sound like a plan?

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-12-31 5:38 pm   Permalink

perfect timing! i just so happen to have a Shag Decanter Set i'd love to trade for some old mugs..

guess i should figure out how to post pics!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 3:23 pm   Permalink

I've added a trading gallery to the tiki galleries. Once you are in the trade gallery just click on the 'add photos' link and follow the directions to upload your photos of what you have for trade. Alternately, if you find a photo of what you have for trade already in another gallery, just right click on that photo, save it to your computer, and then go to the trade gallery and upload it.

After uploading is done, please go back and add your email address and any further info about what's in the photo or what you are looking to trade it for.

Have fun!

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/albums.php

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoBeTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-01-02 08:38 am   Permalink

First trade proposal here:

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/trade/aaa

View Profile of SoBeTiki Send a personal message to SoBeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-21 8:44 pm   Permalink

Lots of stuff for trade at Zeta's International Marketplace:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29337&forum=12
Ships from Boston

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 9:14 pm   Permalink

Hula Hula?

blast from the past!

anyone?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 4:54 pm   Permalink

I think posting pictures of items you'd like to trade is a good idea. My collection is getting kinda out of hand and SELLING items is so messy if you aren't in that business.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-05 11:43 am   Permalink

OK, I've got two items that I'd like to trade. First is the United Airlines 1974 Hawaii Open Jim Beam decanter. It's about 15 inches high.

The second item is the pineapple/menehune ceramic piece you place in the middle of a plate full of pupu's. Toothpicks can be stuck all over it.

Whadda ya say? Anyone need these two beauties in their collection?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 05:48 am   Permalink

I have enough 'Witco' to put together a complete Witco Tiki bar room.
Bar(3 to chose from),stools,bench,wall hangings(outrigger,scooner,globe,world map,wahines,masks,etc.)value between $2500.00-$3500.00

What I am looking for is an unrestored,but solid 'restorable', 'fun car'

Falcon,Comet,Nova or others, 60's 70's sort of thing. 2 dr hard top/sedan,wagon, ranchero ,el camino
You get the idea. What have you got?

DEL./pick up is an option. I would like to keep it on the eastern seaboard,
if possible.
Some where between here(cleveland,ohio)and on the way to Key West.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon

Posted: 2010-08-07 6:50 pm   Permalink

Don't have much to trade Bongo, but I like that Jim Beam!

I have and extra Otagiri on the right if anyone is interested.

Paul

http://www.lucasfrancisstudio.com

[ This Message was edited by: blacklagoon 2010-08-07 18:52 ]

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 03:17 am   Permalink

Trade success! Blacklagoon and I will be visiting our local post offices tomorrow as we balance out our collections.

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 2:30 pm   Permalink

Framed Tretchikoff "Miss Wong"

Looking for a framed print of August Hollands "Pearl of Wisdom"
Do you have a double to trade?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon

Posted: 2010-08-19 7:28 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to say that my trade with Bongo was smooth and easy, I hope he likes his mugs.

Paul

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation