Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Trade thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Trade thread
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-25 17:38, Nifo Oti wrote:
I have a Kelbo's Hawaiian Bar B-Q Popo mug with a long handle at the back, that I'm looking to trade toward wooden artifacts from Polynesia, Micronesia, Australia, or Melanesia. I am mainly looking for clubs, spears, arrows, shields, paddles, etc. but I am also looking for any Marshall Islands figures or masks.

N.O., that is quite a desirable mug for any Los Angelino Tikiphile, especially one that used to frequent Kelbo's. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any real Oceanic artifacts. In fact, you are the only collector here that I know of that actually collects the REAL thing. Most of us probably have deemed these things unattainable, I appreciate the fact that you demonstrate that in this day and age, authentic Oceanic artifacts can still be found and afforded.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 05:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-25 17:38, Nifo Oti wrote:
Hello.
I have a Kelbo's Hawaiian Bar B-Q Popo mug with a long handle at the back, that I'm looking to trade toward wooden artifacts from Polynesia, Micronesia, Australia, or Melanesia. I am mainly looking for clubs, spears, arrows, shields, paddles, etc. but I am also looking for any Marshall Islands figures or masks.

Best regards,
Nifo Oti

Is this something you would be interested in??

Vintage Breakdown Bow, quiver and arrows, told this was from Fiji. Bow slides together to make full size bow!

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2010-10-27 06:01 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nifo Oti

Posted: 2010-10-27 06:09 am   Permalink

Hi Sven,
Periodically these things can turn up at Antique stores, Estate Sales, or Flea Markets. A lot of Micronesian and Melanesian material was brought back in the 1940s by servicemen during the War ,and I've even picked up arrows from people that spent part of the 60s living in New Guinea while in the Peace Corp. I decided to stick with artifacts, because to me they have more of a history to them, but I still do always keep an eye out for Tiki Mugs and paper out of habit.

Best regards,
Nifo Oti

View Profile of Nifo Oti Send a personal message to Nifo Oti      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-29 04:52 am   Permalink

I'll trade this Treasure Craft S&P set for a mug or something I don't have.

[ This Message was edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2011-01-21 05:51 ]

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 10:49 am   Permalink

I have a genuine aboriginal kundela, or "pointing bone," which I might be willing to trade.

This is an aboriginal killing bone, collected from a Walpiri tribe member, G. Jabanadi, in Yuendumu area, 300 km west of Alice Springs in the 1960s by a Danish geologist, Jan Splitt. He was in the country between 1965 and 1969. In 1979, his collection was presented in the Esbjerg Museum, and the items have been referenced.

Amongst the Australian native peoples, there is no such thing as a "natural death." This is a rather common belief among the Pacific islanders, including the Sepik in Papua New Guinea. It is generally believed that death is caused by a witch doctor or sorcerer. In ART OF THE FIRST AUSTRALIANS, John Carrick relates that, "Australian aboriginal sorcerers were universally feared; they could cause death or injury to a victim by projecting an evil spirit into him with a 'pointing bone.' Bone pointing was practised by many groups. Among the Aranda of central Australia, the bone was cursed and pointed secretly at the victim with chants. Unless some medicine man could remove the evil magic, the boned person would die."

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2011-01-20 10:51 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 8:07 pm   Permalink

Hi all!
So, I have this problem with dunlops disease (for those of you not from Georgia, that means by belly dun-lopped over mah belt). So I have this lovely, gently worn, 2xl blue-green tiki print shirt. The pattern on the pocket lines up nicely, and it has a tiki on it. Looking to trade it for a nice aloha shirt, preferably also gently worn with a tiki on it, sized 3xl.

Anyone interested out there in TV land? Might also be interested in other swag, feel free to make an offer. I'd really love a replacement tiki/tapa print shirt though.

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 06:28 am   Permalink

Aloha All,
i have a bunch of "hands clapsed swiss mövenpick" tiki mugs for trade.
would like to offer here first before they land on ebay.

#3 - small chips in mouth and eye,

#4 - hairline crack on his left foot,

#5 the rarer version from stuttgart has a crack on his head... poor boy

They all live in Switzerland, but worldwide shipping is no problem.
If interested, just send pm...

here my wish list:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/collection.cgi?mode=wish&user_id=1943
or make offer...

Mahalo,
HT

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 5:36 pm   Permalink

I offer this. I can supply better photos. Overall the picture is in good shape, missing a paint chip to the lower right of the bowl, a smaller chip to the left bottom of the bowl, a couple of smaller chips to the upper left. The frame is in decent shape, some scuffing around the edges. Not a Near Mint example, but would make a nice addition to your room.

This is #2 in my finds. I was going to flea bay it, but would rather it go to a TC'er who is looking for one. What am I looking for? Mugs, preferably from defunct Tiki establishments. I am really trying to get some from AKU AKU, Islander Stockton, Kona Kai, Hawaiian Village Tampa, etc. I will handle shipping charges on my end, & you handle shipping charges on the mugs. PM me with offers. I will like to try and have this finalized a week from today.

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bail Tekey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-09 4:15 pm   Permalink

Greetings,

Up for trade, this small Langerman's Luau - paper(Luau)menu. Approx. size 10"x9". I am interested in doing a (1 for 1) trade for the following:

1.The (3-view) Langerman's Luau postcard

~or

2.The (3-view) Albert Gee's Poly-Asian postcard.

Item will ship with delivery confirmation (as i would request the same). PM me if interested.

p.s. - Please note that i am NOT looking to sell this item, trades only.

Thank,

Mike

View Profile of Bail Tekey Send a personal message to Bail Tekey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 7:31 pm   Permalink

Curious that this thread didn't take off. Anyway, I've got this to trade, if anyone's interested.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 8:37 pm   Permalink

I have the Honolulu mug but always interested in trades. Check out my Ooga Mooga page:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=1199

ukutiki

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation