FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Hanford Lemoore needs your help!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hanford Lemoore needs your help!
PaperWallet

Posted: 2006-10-10 11:56 am   Permalink

I have been talking with a friend who told me the sad story of Hanford's paper wallet. For those who don't know, his poor wallet was tragically lost during some childish and mean-spirited poolside shenanigans at Hukilau.

Hanford is very fond of paper wallets and it would cheer him up immeasurably if we could all build a paper wallet and send it to him. I will soon post my friend's address for you to mail your generous gift to, and I will forward them all to Hanford when I recieve them.

Here is a site that will help you if you don't know how to make your own paper wallet:

http://www.instructables.com/id/E9331VJF3DES9J73YS/

I'm sure the generous and caring folks here on TC will rally to help Hanford quickly recover from his tragic loss. "Mahalo" for helping!

[ This Message was edited by: PaperWallet 2006-10-10 11:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PaperWallet 2006-10-10 11:56 ]

View Profile of PaperWallet Send a personal message to PaperWallet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 11:59 am   Permalink

This is a nice offer, but I prefer to use my own paper wallet design that I invented over ten years ago. After I make my next one, I'll post some photos.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-10 12:38 pm   Permalink

Wow! Kudos to PaperWallet. Thanks for the neat instructions! I feel the love, don't you?

View Profile of Kitty Send a personal message to Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 12:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-10 11:56, PaperWallet wrote:
... during some childish and mean-spirited poolside shenanigans at Hukilau...

Just to clear up any potential misunderstanding -- the shenanigans were definitely short-sighted and ill-advised, but not mean-spirited.

Hanford's paper wallet design is fantastic -- his last one lasted him a whole year!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 1:18 pm   Permalink

Heck, after reading how to make that thing I got a headache.
Can't I just send a gift certificate for a canvas or leopard skin or eagle talon wallet?

Maybe a coconut wallet?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 3:31 pm   Permalink

Nice try Pablus...and his father was shot where? In the buttocks, you say?

Funny how Andy Landry and Hanford share some of the some vowels and you never see them in the same room.

Nuff said.

Scammers...............

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-10 8:15 pm   Permalink

I wonder...

do Scottish Clown Doctors use paper wallets?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 1:01 pm   Permalink

I make mine out of colored duct tape, they last 2-3 yr's which is the same as my leather wallets last, they have a clear ID pouch and credit card pockets. People often think they are eel-skin, started out as something to do during a general quarters drill in the military.

Now paper, that could be fun, esp. if painted first, groovy idea gang, Zoinks!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 6:20 pm   Permalink

You can buy duct tape wallets at the hardware store. Maybe the paper wallets are at the stationary store.

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 6:38 pm   Permalink

how sweet would it be to have a wallet made out of paper money?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 06:49 am   Permalink

Paper money. Paper wallet.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-13 12:14 am   Permalink

hanford: sorry 'bout the wallet.. did humu tell you about the nifty paper tool (yeah, everyone snicker now) its called a Bone Folder ~ helps you make nice sharp creases.

also for really nifty paper, try
http://handmade-paper.us/

i've done lotsa papercrafts..but never heard about paper wallets till now. post pics.

craftily yours
e

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 01:06 am   Permalink

Wow, sounds cool Dogbytes. I'll check out those links.

I will post pictures of my next wallet. Not to split hairs but I've always considered the paper wallet to be the opposite of the duct tape wallet. Duct tape is tough, but paper is absurdly fragile, and my first paper wallet didn't even last me a day! I took it on as a challenge to figure out how to build one that wouldn't fall apart, and over the years I've refined the design. The second-to-last one I made (for Hukilau 2005) lasted one year! Although, to be fair, it was lined with tiki postcards.

Hopefully I'll have time to make a new one soon!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 05:20 am   Permalink

Now...what if a wallet was made of say....dried up sea kelp....Much like paper but... water proof? Plus it's a lovely shade of green/brown!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 05:39 am   Permalink

...or if money was plastic......

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation