Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Yma Sumac, Legend of the Sun Virgin
Yma Sumac, Legend of the Sun Virgin
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 10:32 pm   Permalink

I volunteer at a thrift shop at Hickam AFB, Hawaii. I was given a stack of old 78's to try and price. I got prices on the run of the mill Glenn Miller and other ordinary stuff. But imagine my surprise when I Goggled "Yma Sumac Legend of the Sun Virgin" and got Queen of Exotica. A word I recognized...

Now I'm no music expert. I am a maker of pottery. Could anyone here tell me if there is any value here? There is also another album of 78's with what appears to be a lot of Hawaiian music. I will be making a list of the titles...

I would appreciate any help I can get. There is also a fun set of Rumbas by Xavier Cugat....

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bellybongo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-13 07:54 am   Permalink

Aloha
Of the common exotic artists like Yma Sumac and Cugat on 78rpm, only a few releases are "expensive", and the expensive one's are cheap in comparison to country blues for example.

Hawaiian 78s can be much more valuable.

I think you could sell a Yma Sumac 78 if condition is great for 5-8 dollar

Search
www.ebay.com for prices.

regards,
Magnus

View Profile of bellybongo Send a personal message to bellybongo  Goto the website of bellybongo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation