FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Coconut Monkey of the Dead!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Coconut Monkey of the Dead!
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 11:29 pm   Permalink

So here's a fun and Octoberiffic lil project pert near anyone with even the slightest of Other Crafts skills can do...A skeleton coconut monkey!

This piece was made fer Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge, a comfy and creepy home basement bar where Tiki and Gothic live happily side by side. It was host gift fer the generous proprietor, Monkeyskull.

Basically, take yer standard Philippine carved Hawaiian souvenir coconut monkey, give it a coat of flat white (rattle can or brush), then add the right kinda bits with a brush and some black paint. This one was hit with an agin' effects paint (Ralph Lauren's "smoke"...Check Home Depot) fer that been-sittin-around-here-fer-years look.

Do that and, as yuh can see in these excellent pics by Monkeyskull, here yuh are:

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 08:31 am   Permalink

That's cool- great use for those crappy (but fun!) things..

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 11:20 am   Permalink

Woof, that rocks, and besides, Emperor Hiro hito the original monkey model, looks much more like the skeleton now. Great idea!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 12:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-17 08:31, Capt'n Skully wrote:
That's cool- great use for those crappy (but fun!) things..

And yours is NOT crappy! It probably was before you fixed it.

Just didn't want to be misunderstood..

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 4:30 pm   Permalink

Woofmutt he's great... (it is a he right?) Very spooky and cool & perfect for Halloween!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-18 4:35 pm   Permalink

Nice and creepy lookin' what a spooky idea for a coco munk.

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-18 5:23 pm   Permalink

coco munk, also known as 'nut 'key...

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-18 8:59 pm   Permalink

Hey, that thing is creeping me out... those eyes... those teeth... I LOVE it!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 3:22 pm   Permalink

Kreepy! But lovable voodoo coco munk. I needs me one of them.

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 4:53 pm   Permalink

Excellent job.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 2:54 pm   Permalink

super cool!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 2:56 pm   Permalink

I'm totally loving that coconut monkey skeleton mutt, he's perfect.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 8:04 pm   Permalink

BRILLIANT!!!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 6:41 pm   Permalink

SO COOL WOOFMUTT!

I am a HUGE COCONUT MONKEY 'nut', and I love what you have done with this little guy!

So creative!

Any monkey would be pleased to have such an awesome costume for Halloween!

Nice job. : )

I am an illustrator, deeply immersed in 'The Coconut Monkey Project'. I have been collecting wayward coconut monkeys for years, and have just started painting and documenting my collection. I would love to do a cool painting of your skeleton monkey. Let's talk!

You can check out my blog for pics and details:

http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

Mahalo!
-Atomikitty (bartender Suzy)

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 9:44 pm   Permalink

Yeah, so I'm bumpin' this thread cuz it's the perfect time of year fer it and cuz I am drunk off my ass on Jack-O-Lantern Schnapps...Cuz it's the perfect time of year fer that, too.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation