FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mahiki - New London TIki Bar - secret photos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mahiki - New London TIki Bar - secret photos
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 06:54 am   Permalink

Thought you'd might like to see the menu upclose.

I got to design the logo, menu, postcards and some patterns for window frosting vinyls.

Cocktail menu cover

Inside the menu
Cocktail lineup is amazing - by London bar consultants, Soul Shakers. With lots of unique barware, made by the Cheekytiki team. Yes, the drinks are served in an actual divers helmet, treasure chest...

Promo postcards

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 08:56 am   Permalink

Your history in the making and that menu cover and menu looks super. I love that Neptune's drink. Is it really served like that. What an idea. Loved reading your story in the Pocketiki magazine where, Tikiracer.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 08:58 am   Permalink

OK, I see that they are in fact severed in a helmet.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 10:45 am   Permalink

Oy! Them's some nice snapshots of the new place in my favorite city, London. It looks very good, indeed. I have not been by this topic since the first few posts almost a month ago. Looks like a visit is in order.

Team midnite shall be in London town one night, yes...one night only!...during our next excursion to places far and farther. Dare I say, can a visit to Mahiki be included along with the requisite stop at Vic's? I must visit London Vic's, the ladies there just love me, for some reason I am a real hit with the London babes. At least at Vic's, actually, only at Vic's.

We'll be there in about a month, night of the 20th, that's wednesday I believe. It does appear Mahiki will have to be put on the itinerary. Must try Mai-Tai,and whatever else is within sipping distance.

For Christams, Santa is bringing me a new liver. I've been extra nice this year.

Traveling man,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ramba-zamba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-20 2:01 pm   Permalink

Hey wow, the mahiki looks great. Nice architecture and fine Tikis.
And i also love the menu design!!! very good cover, communicate the feeling very well!
Nice work, i hope we will be able to visit you in London at the next Luau.

View Profile of ramba-zamba Send a personal message to ramba-zamba  Email ramba-zamba Goto the website of ramba-zamba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 9:04 pm   Permalink

Wow, guys, how great to see the thing done right, by the right people, who are into it, and have the talent! Jamie and Anjy, you are supplying all those mugs, too? You must be in heaven! Man I wish I would be in Hamburg, I'd hop a ferry for the weekend, but here in the Bavarian foothills...it all seems so far away.
I have to make it for the next London Luau, hope I will be on the continent then!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 12:32 am   Permalink

Jamie, Have you got any of those mugs for sale to the public?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 03:02 am   Permalink

This has been such a great job from start to finish (although very hard.
We were given virtual Carte Blanche by the owners on everything from the original concept, naming through to design and build, hence getting to use the great talents of Tikiracer.
We also worked with the bar consultants on what has to be one of, if not the best cocktail menus in London (excluding TVs of course ), all of the drinks are of superb quality made by a team made up from our countries best young bartenders. The food is fun too with things like "Shrimp my ride"(Tempura prawns), "Sushi in the sky with diamonds" and more
The mugs will be available to the Public soon and it will be one of the venues for next years 'London Luau', but you don't have to wait till then.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-21 05:26 am   Permalink

Excellent menu and graphics, cant wait to see the mugs and to visit Mahiki myself, love the look of "neptunes bounty", cant wait to see that beauty - "dive, dive, dive!!"

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-11-21 2:18 pm   Permalink

Am I reading that right? Does the pieces of eight really cost 70 pounds?

Can you fill us in on the drink pricing at Mahiki?

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 5:09 pm   Permalink

Yes it does, but it is an extremely large drink for eight people served in a treasure chest and contains a whole bottle of champagne along with Mahiki grog, brandy, peach liqueur lime and sugar. For Two it's a bad hangover as me and Patrick, the manager from TVs found out.
Mahiki's pricing range for coctails starts at 6.50 up to the Pieces of eight at 70, it may sound pricey but they fly out the door, especially in this part of town.
The drink prices are also pretty much in line with most of Londons Cocktail bars and only use freshly squeezed organic juices and premium spirits

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 09:23 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the great feedback on the menu, I had loads of fun doing and hope that shows through.

Spent a great day with some tiki pals in the British Museum, checking out the Power and Taboo Exhibition, then scoped out some bookshop and rounded off the day with a trip to the Mahiki.

Here's some more pics of details:

Using my new camera - tikimatic2000 [which captures aloha on film]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiracer 2006-11-23 09:24 ]

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 9:33 pm   Permalink

WOW! Simply wow!
We vowed to check out other destinations in Europe before we go back to London, but I think Scotland just has jumped to the top of the list. Fly in to and out of London--worry about getting to and out of Scotland at the Mahiki.

[ This Message was edited by: ted tiki 2006-11-23 21:34 ]

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-24 10:08 am   Permalink

So I'll be in jolly old England the week after Christmas... in London specifically on Dec 30th and 31st. I definately want to make a stop at the Mahiki during the short visit. But I really don't know my way around London at all. I also haven't selected any hotels yet for those two nights. Can anyone help this poor California boy nagivate their way to the Mahiki, or suggest any good hotels in the area?

Is there anything swingin' gonna be going down on New Year's Eve there?

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 02:25 am   Permalink

Heres another picture of one of the tikis outside, unfortunately some idiots blocking the picture.

and another

Hang on found another, where at least the tiki is visable

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2006-11-26 02:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2006-11-26 02:33 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation