FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mahiki - New London TIki Bar - secret photos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Mahiki - New London TIki Bar - secret photos
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-26 04:33 am   Permalink

I was excited about going to the Mahiki on my next trip to London. But if that's the kind of lowlifes that are frequenting this establishment then to Hell with it. I'll just nip down to the nearest freehouse for a pint. LOL All kidding aside, I guess I better put on my best Aloha shirt for this joint!

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 12:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-21 17:09, cheekytiki wrote:
only use freshly squeezed organic juices and premium spirits

Oh, those magic words! Such a beautiful thing. And the pictures are SO enticing. Wish I could be there! Someday...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 3:10 pm   Permalink

I'll be there in May for the Heineken Cup Final at Twickenham so this place is definitely on the list. I just hope some of the initial glitz has died down about as I hate being harassed by the pop-o-razzi. Can't wait to endulge myself with that drink menu. I'll also stop by next September when I am over for the World Cup matches in Cardiff. Mele Kalikimaka to all and to all a good night!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 07:03 am   Permalink

Britiki goes a right royal Bratiki!

Mahiki Menu - illustrated by yours truly, appeared in the National Newspaper [News of the world] yesterday on page 5.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 07:50 am   Permalink

Wow, great publicity! That ought to keep the joint hopin' for a while!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-04-16 08:24 am   Permalink

Yeah, Mahiki is really starved for attention.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 08:33 am   Permalink

<<Yeah, Mahiki is really starved for attention.>>

Poor martiki, no Royals to drink your menu up in one night.

You need to send the Prince an invite!
Or Ted Kennedy, he could do it.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:28 am   Permalink

I had heard about this place, but not seen the thread.
Absolutely amazing looking!!
, and keep up the great work on doing Drinks the right way.
We need more Tiki Bars doin' it that way.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 12:01 pm   Permalink

Early in the thread there is mention that the drinks are served in a diver's helmet and treasure chest, etc. Are there any photos of those?

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 3:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-16 12:01, Digitiki wrote:
Early in the thread there is mention that the drinks are served in a diver's helmet and treasure chest, etc. Are there any photos of those?

In answer to your question...Yes! We've used the second 'Pieces of Eight - Treasure Chest' photo in POCKETIKI #2 in our lowdown on London's MAHIKI Bar! The first shows the bottle of champagne being poured over the fresh strawberries to finish it off a treat!

The second shows a group of young folk, used to be one myself you know, enjoying the 'Pieces of Eight'.

I don't have a photo of the ultra cool 'Neptune's Bounty - Mini Diver's Helmet' but believe me they are way cool, all brassy and coppery...Mmmmmmmmm shiny things!

Check out our article in POCKETIKI #2 for a no punches pulled expose of London's hottest tiki establishment, as opposed to Trader Vic's which has always been, and will always be...the coolest!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai or a Mahiki Ultimate Mai-Tai both are spot on!

PS. TIKIRACER! I picked up a copy of the NEWS OF THE SCREWS...How neat was that? You couldn't afford that kind of promotion my friend! An advert that size in a 'national' paper would cost an absolute fortune. WELL DONE! BRITIKI Rules...even if William or Harry never will at this rate!!!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 7:01 pm   Permalink

You know, I saw the Prince William story on the local news here in my little neck of the woods, of all places. They called the Mahiki a trendy London hot spot. I laughed to myself because I know how some people despise the word trendy. Then my friend e-mailed me this class piece of gossip. Celebrity is a double-edged sword. I hope the paparazzi factor doesn't ruin your place in the aftermath. But congrats for the free world press in the meantime! People don't usually flock en masse to crap places so I'm assuming it's for the drinks as well as the ambiance. I know when ever I make it to the UK the Mahiki has been on the top of my list of places to see, now I just hope I can get in!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation