FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-10 10:11 am   Permalink

This is going to be a heck of a night!

The newest Tiki Magazine will be available that night.

Tiki Tony will have the painting he did for the cover and will be releasing his newest mug.

Squid told me today that he is bringing the sculpt he JUST finished for his newest mug, the stacked skull mug. He's not posting any photos of it on TC, so if you want to see it, you gotta come to the Tonga Hut.

Suzy's got a new Coconut Monkey painting in her series, and has prints of her beautiful paintings. (Damn that girls talented!)

Kirby's got a brand new pendant he's been casting, that he'll have on-hand along with his artwork/prints. (GROG bringing a stick so people can poke Kirby. Only50 cents a minute.)

Ken Ruzic (Little Lost Tiki) has some new paintings he's made for the show. (He'll probably be first in line after GROG to poke Kirby with a stick).

GROG not sure what all Crazy Al, Polynesiac, Johnny Pinstriper,Tyger Jimmy,and Kustom claws are bringing, but you KNOW these guys do awesome stuff, not to be missed!

DJ Lee will have the place hopping. (There's even a possibility we might be able to talk Gugug, an awesome Uke player from Scotland, and Squid to bust out a few tunes)

Exotic drinks are on special, get 'em while they're cheap!

The one and only Bamboo Ben may even drop by and make an appearance (hopefully that's not a deterrent) Heck if nothing else, get the bastard to autograph his comic in Tiki Magazine.

GROG only coming to see pretty women like Suzy and Ana (Tonga Hut co-owner), and to poke Kirby with a stick. Seeing all the great art, getting, the newest Tiki Mag, listening to some good music, drinking some delicious drinks and hanging out with great bunch of people (plus Kirby), is just icing on the cake.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2006-11-10 18:37 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 5:20 pm   Permalink

Thank God I'm only working till 6 tomorrow night. No chance in HELL I'm missing this event. Bad enough I haven't been able to get the last issue of Tiki Mag. Time to get my Tiki on....

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 5:41 pm   Permalink

grog doesnt need to bring a stick I carved him a club...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-10 6:44 pm   Permalink

GROG got a PM from Bamboo Ben, and it sounds like he isn't coming, so anybody who changed their mind about showing up can now come without having to worry about keeping their paper wallets safe from Ben. Kirby will still be there though. GROG not so sure about using the club Kirby carved instead of the stick. We just want to annoy him, not kill him. (At least not at this time)

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 7:20 pm   Permalink

OK, I got the skinny on one of the drink specials.
Order the Beef Mai-Tai and you get to keep the Grog Mug! That alone is worth the trip!

Make mine medium-rare, please.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 8:31 pm   Permalink

how big is this joint?? are we going to work or play??

i'm bring stuff cheep to under cut all those other tikiers...... see me first before you spend all your doe on Tiki Tony!!!

where's that stick?????????????????????????

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 8:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-10 19:20, squid wrote:
OK, I got the skinny on one of the drink specials.
Order the Beef Mai-Tai and you get to keep the Grog Mug! That alone is worth the trip!

Make mine medium-rare, please.

Oooo. Oooo! I'm gonna steal the last 5 words and submit them for the name of that Head, HoldenDaMug is looking for.

Sorry bout bailing out tomorrow night. I'm old and need to save my energy. You youngins go tear it up fo ol' yellow! I know yous will!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 8:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-10 20:31, crazy al wrote:
how big is this stick??

where's that joint?????????????????????????

What?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 9:46 pm   Permalink

Wha?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 10:17 pm   Permalink

?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 11:12 pm   Permalink

This is going to be a great event for all and congratulations Tiki Tony . You deserve it . Ill see you all there with bells on my toes and a bone in my nose , Tiki-Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 11:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-10 20:46, squid wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-10 20:31, crazy al wrote:
how big is this stick??

where's that joint?????????????????????????

What?

Dave's not here!!!

Man.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 09:20 am   Permalink

Oh joy! Oh Happy Day!
I've been sniffly and sick these past few days,but wouldn't miss this if Comatose! Just finished the last of 7-8 (not sure,twas a blur!) new little pieces for the show as well as a few oddities I will bring along for filling empty spaces!Also bringing some copies of my "Tiki Coloring Book" and "About 500 Tikis" for you to purchase and bring home! to quote GROG "Indubitably!" Will the Tonga Hut be able to contain all those talented artists and Tiki Fans? Who knows? Will Kirby survive GROG's onslaught with his "big stick"? Sounds like an old prison film!!! Yikes!And with Squid and wife and Gugug filling the air with sonic sounds,we all may get caught in some kind of eternal tropidelic time warp! or maybe not! It's gonna be funfunfun tonight seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!!! Be there or be Buffet (Jimmy Buffet that is!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-11-11 09:50 am   Permalink

WooHooo! Soccer Tiki and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at The Tonga Hut tonight

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 11:08 am   Permalink

I hear the pork mai-tai is pretty tasty as well....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation