FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-12 7:09 pm   Permalink

WOW! We are really feeling the Tiki Love! Thank you so much everyone - Susie, Ernie, Nick & Tiki Magazine, Tiki Tony, Crazy Al, Johnny, Kirby, Squid, Ken, Tiger Jimmy, Kustom Klaws (forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone), party goers! We had a blast with all of you and look forward to hosting more awesome art shows!! Thank you for coming and supporting us and the artists and for posting your incredible photos.

Mahalo!!!

Ana and Jeremy

View Profile of tongahut Send a personal message to tongahut  Email tongahut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 7:59 pm   Permalink

To all my SoCal Tiki Brothers & Sisters I wish I could have been there!

Mrs.Mojo had to dance at a comic book show using some cool music from the movie "V is for Vendetta".

Still got our Tiki on later when we caught the Mai Kai Gents at Trader Vic's in San Francisco but YOUR party REALLY looked like it ROCKED!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-12 8:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting photos. Frank Tiki, those pics look awesome!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 8:30 pm   Permalink

Yippee!
That was one of the MOST ROCKINEST TIKI I had ever had the honor to attend! Mahalos times twenty to Jeremy and Ana for restoring the TongaHut to its former tropical state! Great Bar! Friendly People! Grrrrreat Art! Groovin tunes! Drunk People! Friendly Drunk People! Too many faces and conversations to recall! Thank you sooooooooo much for opening your doors and welcoming us all into the Tonga Ohana! Nick,for a gent who's married with two kids,you sure know how to get a joint hoppin! Tiki Tony, your mugs and art are truly a pleasure to behold! must be the fact that you're such a nice guy,'cause one truly can feel the love and care you put into each of your creations! Ernie and Susie,thanks for gettin all us artistas together and organized.GROG-you need to sign your rocks next time,we can help you with the writin' part!This gig really was something special! Made it worth getting there at noon, despite recovering from a gnarly flu! Plus the fact that Sir Squidley was able to give le grande tour of all the local thrift shoppes made it extra sweet!!!! Scored a bunch of objects to paint for the next event! and thank you Mrs. Squid for the wonderful dinner and company! Truly the hostest with the mostest! (She didn't even flinch when I scratched my back with the fork...) It was so fun to show with the likes of Tiki Tony,Crazy Al,Kirby(and his new volcano piece and pendant,Dave (and his chained down mad-dog stacked skull sculpt!),Susie (and her wondrous coconut monkeys!)Johnny the pinstriper(tho I've noticed that he likes to grope men when drinking-not that there's anything wrong with that....),Tiki Ray,Kustom Klaws,and the class act that is Tiger Jimmy !!!! Best and friendliest group of artists you will ever meet! I hope to get invited to the next one! TikiShark made it as well,practically parachuting out of his plane to join us after his Island visit! What a great bunch of people!!! Being a bit under the weather,I wasn't able to sample anything but a few soft drinks and a MaiTai, but the drinks were flowing and their were some folks there consuming heroic amounts of Voodoo Juice and the the like! Maybe that's why everyone was so friendly..... Thank you all for your kind words and enthusiasm and thank you to all the people who bought things from us artists! Now we can buy more art supplies and create even more work for the next show! Don't miss the next one!!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rdtikidog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-13 12:50 am   Permalink

I just wanted to give a shout of thanks to all the artists,Tiki magazine(i'm a loyal subscriber). the bartenders and the Tonga Hut. Great event! It was my first time at the Tonga Hut and i had a blast! I will certainly be back. Squid your stuff rocks and i will be in line for the first of the new skull mugs, or your next musical gig whichever comes first.. Kirby and little lost tiki thanks for the warm welcome over smokes. i had dragged my partner(patient and supportive but not a fanatic yet) and a couple of non tikified friends and managed to make a new tiki convert out of one of them. the evening made complete with their first tiki mug purchase(not mine heaven knows) to commemorate the event. As the new kid on the "tiki island" its a pleasure to start putting faces with names. thanks again for a great night.

View Profile of rdtikidog Send a personal message to rdtikidog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 08:14 am   Permalink

love the photos and the art

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 08:30 am   Permalink

What a great time Saturday night at the Tonga Hut. Wonderful art, great music, good friends old and new. Thanks to all who helped put this together.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 09:55 am   Permalink

I was blown away at the turnout of this event.
killer art by everyone, wish I could have bought some
it was sooooo good to Hear Lee spining tunes again.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beatnikine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-13 2:23 pm   Permalink

Fantastic event! Tasty drinks, good tunes - I've never done the twist in a circle before...

Ding Dong Dan is a wild thing, VintageGirl may still be in shock...

Frank Tiki, amazing shots! So glad you shared them

View Profile of Beatnikine Send a personal message to Beatnikine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 8:28 pm   Permalink

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TO THE TONGA HUT SATURDAY!
WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!
SPECIAL MAHALOS TO:
*All you TC'ers, old and new-what a great vibe! Just like one big tipsy family!
*The Tonga Hut-Thank you Ana and Jeremy for all you hard work and belief in the tiki dream!
*Tiki Magazine-Another fabulous issue! So inspiring! (A special thanks to Nick who was subjected to my VooDoo Juice induced ramblings and was quite polite about it!) Now that's class! : )
*GROG-for looking under rocks and finding all these great artists! You are the BEST!!! Where was the poking stick though? I didn't get to poke Kirby once. . . : (
*DJ Lee-you are an amazing DJ, a mindreader, AND a snazzy dresser!
*Tiki Tony-Congrats on the Tiki Magazine props! Your work is amazing and I want to visit the world you paint and sculpt! Let me know when there is a vacation package!
*Kirby-you prolific and talented little so and so! I love your new work! Thank you so much for the AWESOME COCONUT MONKEY PENDANT!!! I almost cried it is so awesome!!! I will take some good photos and post them so others can appreciate your talent! : )
*Little Lost Tiki and Squid-thank you for all your help with the show, sharing your amazing art and fabulous selves, AND for my newest COCONUT MONKEY! (Yay! Feed the addiction!)
*Tyger Jimmy-your mid-century work blew me away! You are one talented cat! Looks like our work will be traveling all the way to Norway together! I hope they stay warm! It was great to meet the lovely Karin finally!
*Julia from Kustom Klaws-Gggrrrr, I love your work! You are one fierce kitty!
*Johnny the Pinstriper-You DO clean up well! You gotta get your photos up! I'm holding your paintings ransom until you do. Also. . .DAMN YOU for inventing the VOODOO JUICE!!!!!

*Welcome Frank Tiki, and thank you SO MUCH for sharing your BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHS and supporting the local tiki art scene! We are honored!

Okay, enough yammering. . .here's some pics. . .

Tiki gals

The motley crew

Ernie is amazed by my no-neck strech armstrong imitation!

The lovely Julia, Miss Kustom Klaws to you, and me.

Two wild and crazy guys!!!!

GROG like blondes.

GROG like redheads.

MAHALO TC!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: atomikitty 2006-11-13 20:34 ]

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 8:40 pm   Permalink

• Great Bar! • Great Show! • Great Art! • Great DJ! = Great Time!

• The Tonga Punch was a new level of delicious that I hadn’t yet experienced.

• Squid’s Skull Stack Mug is fantastic! I can’t wait.

• Thank you to everyone involved.

• And WOW everyone is so nice!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-13 11:38 pm   Permalink

GROG told you GROG was only there to see all the pretty ladies!!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:46 am   Permalink

Crap. So PO'd I missed this! Spent the day in the doctors office having my guts pulled inside out and upside down. Maybe next one...if my health ever improves! So frail, can't take the heavy, serious party-ing!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 4:02 pm   Permalink

I has a killer time it was great hookin up with everyone Ive been out of the mix for a bit with health stuff and these new gallerys . Suzy and grog lets start doin this more often . any ways take care every one and enjoy the weather . all the best every one Regards Tygerr

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-15 8:54 pm   Permalink

WOW!! If you missed this party, you missed one heck of a good time. It had everything, great people, cool art, good music, good drinks, beautiful women, and GROG. I just want to say thank you to everyone involved for a special night.

Mahalo,

Nicktiki

[ This Message was edited by: nicktiki 2006-11-15 20:56 ]

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation