Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Frosting Glass Fishing Floats
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Frosting Glass Fishing Floats
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 05:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-04 17:16, Beachbumz wrote:
I'm sure this has been posted already but here's some dakine instructions re-rope the float.. from:
http://www.olypen.com/elgato/ballnets.htm

Those instructions are fantastic!

Except for one thing......

If your using Hemp rope make your knots just a bit closer together than you think they should be. Once you get the glass back into the netting and put its weight against the rope it will stretch out a bit. Not a bad thing, but possibly disappointing when you look at it and then a few days later it seems to have 'sagged' a bit.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGabe661
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-05 08:42 am   Permalink

Yupp....I used the frosting spray on my float and it looks great. The only problem is that I don't have a light bulb in it yet and I'm not sure how the spray frosting will hold up with the heat of the bulb. Lemme know how it goes!

View Profile of TikiGabe661 Send a personal message to TikiGabe661      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 09:11 am   Permalink

TikiGabe661 use a 40 watt frosted bulb and you should be ok.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-05 05:51, Chip and Andy wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 17:16, Beachbumz wrote:
I'm sure this has been posted already but here's some dakine instructions re-rope the float.. from:
http://www.olypen.com/elgato/ballnets.htm

Those instructions are fantastic!

Except for one thing......

If your using Hemp rope make your knots just a bit closer together than you think they should be. Once you get the glass back into the netting and put its weight against the rope it will stretch out a bit. Not a bad thing, but possibly disappointing when you look at it and then a few days later it seems to have 'sagged' a bit.

Good Idea.. I like when the netting is a little tighter looking... I'll post pics when done...

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Walt_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-08 09:05 am   Permalink

does anyone know of a link to a, how to video on youtube or something and how to do the rope tying on the floats ive seen written but im more a visual learner any help would be appreciated.

View Profile of Walt_Tiki Send a personal message to Walt_Tiki  Email Walt_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation