FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Hawaii Vacation Tips
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Hawaii Vacation Tips
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-11 12:41 pm   Permalink

Heading to Hawai'i on Friday, staying at the Royal Kona resort as well. If any of the local's want to meet up for a cocktail just let me know. Definitely hooking up with the Ginardis at Okolemaluna and staying where DtB is located. First vist to the Islands so I am hela-psyched!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-11 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-11 12:41, rugbymatt wrote:
Heading to Hawai'i on Friday, staying at the Royal Kona resort as well. If any of the local's want to meet up for a cocktail just let me know. Definitely hooking up with the Ginardis at Okolemaluna and staying where DtB is located. First vist to the Islands so I am hela-psyched!

Matt, you are gonna have SO. MUCH. FUN! I'll bet you're excited! Baz and I are hoping to take our second stay on the Big Island in the fall - also staying at the Royal Kona, probably.

Enjoy! Hopefully you'll be able to post some pics when you get back!

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-12 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

Heading to Kona on Saturday January 14th for a week and plan on visiting Okolemaluna a few times while we are there, definately on the 19th because that's wifeys birthday. See you there!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alii Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-13 4:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

rugbymatt & mongoloid
I would love to meet up for a few at Okolemaluna or even Don's Mai Tai bar there at the Royal Kona, tonight (Friday the 13th) I'm headed up to the Kahilu Theatre in Waimea to catch Maceo Parker flowing some funk upon the island, Saturday has been confirmed for an Ohana gathering, Sunday downtown Alii Drive is closed down for the monthly Village Stroll which will include live Hawaiian music and Hula performances on the lawn at Hulihee Palace directly downtown Kona> Perhaps afterwards or even early next week, you're on vacation so kick back and enjoy the island, if you surf - there has been consistent swell for almost a week straight.
Hope we can get a chance to hang at some point.

View Profile of Alii Tiki Send a personal message to Alii Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-16 10:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-27 17:01, Mongoloid wrote:

These are called Mini Coupes and are a great way to get around Waikiki, to go by Baileys get a Hawaiian shirt, stop at Leonards and get some malasadas, swing by Ono Hawaiian and get some lau lau and poi. Cant go on the highway with these but you can go over to Kailua and cruise around town exploring. Easy to park! They rent em at the Hawaiian Monarch. Shoots i think the phone # is on the picture (808) area code.

where u put da surfboard, brah?!?!?

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-16 9:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Doing a Waikiki Tiki Walking Tour this Wednesday (1/18/12) at Noon... If anyone is in town, happy to meet up. Banyan Tree, Moana hotel. Be there by 12:05 at latest. Takes an hour and is free, plus you'll hear the VOICE of Don the Beachcomber.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthPacificTodd

Posted: 2012-11-02 10:54 am   Permalink

I want to recommend this tour. It is by far the best Pearl Harbor experience possible. It makes "pick-ups" at the major hotels, gets into secret areas on all bases active 12/07/1941, breaks for lunch at an officer’s club and has excellent prices in the Tiki bar/ museum. Here is a link to the tour details and one to their new brewing company.

http://www.pearlharborhq.com/pearl_harbor_tour.html

http://www.hotbbc.com/

Mahalo!

View Profile of SouthPacificTodd Send a personal message to SouthPacificTodd  Goto the website of SouthPacificTodd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-26 7:40 pm   Permalink

Just spent a week and a half on Oahu and the Big Island. Most of the places we visited have already been discussed here, so I won't duplicate, but there is one Kona location didn't see mentioned. Rays on the Bay at the Sheraton in Keauhou actually had one of the best Mai Tais we found. We're not convinced they followed their advertised recipe exactly (they were missing the mint, at least), these are a lime/rum mix with no OJ or pineapple juice. Just behind the bar/area, the hotel has spotlights that shine into the water at night, attracting plankton & Manta Rays. It's an easy way to see them without even having to get wet!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alii Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 5:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-26 19:40, bamalamalu wrote:
there is one Kona location didn't see mentioned. Rays on the Bay at the Sheraton in Keauhou actually had one of the best Mai Tais we found.

Aloha bamalamalu,
Rays on the Bay is very new, opened just last month I believe, you're the third person I've heard mention that the drinks are worth trying. I'll be letting you know what my experience is like.
Here's a link to the drink menu.
http://www.raysonthebay.com/menus/signature-cocktails-2/

View Profile of Alii Tiki Send a personal message to Alii Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-19 11:16 pm   Permalink

Summary of Tiki in Hawaii:
http://sueelliot.com/2012/11/11/tiki-a-day

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-28 08:46 am   Permalink

Sunset Magazine always has a lot of Hawaii travel tips.

Top 29 dining spots of Hawaii
www.sunset.com/travel/hawaii-mexico/food-hawaii-00418000075199/

The January 2013 issue has a big article on Hawaii.
www.sunset.com/travel/hawaii-mexico/aloha-secrets-00418000080534/

Beginner's guide to Kauai
www.sunset.com/travel/hawaii-mexico/beginners-guide-to-kauai-hawaii-00418000071642/

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTina

Posted: 2013-02-28 1:05 pm   Permalink

Going to Oahu at the end of April. SO excited! This will be the last of our big vacations for my husband and I. I am now 7 weeks pregnant with our first child
Aside from Leonard's, Chuck's, Rainbow Drive-In, and International Marketplace... what are some good suggestions for a vivacious appetite?

View Profile of TikiTina Send a personal message to TikiTina  Email TikiTina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 2:12 pm   Permalink

Next time your on the Big Island reserve an excursion with my old high school buddy Jeff Dickinson to get up and close with Pele and the lava flow. He has alot of knowledge of Kilauea and the islands and will make sure you are safe while you get to experience mother nature at work.

http://bigislandlavatour.com/

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpeer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-11 04:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-16 21:00, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Aloha,

Doing a Waikiki Tiki Walking Tour this Wednesday (1/18/12) at Noon... If anyone is in town, happy to meet up. Banyan Tree, Moana hotel. Be there by 12:05 at latest. Takes an hour and is free, plus you'll hear the VOICE of Don the Beachcomber.

Hi We will be at Waikiki in 9 weeks, could you please tell me about this Waikiki Tiki Walking Tour.

View Profile of TikiSpeer Send a personal message to TikiSpeer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-11 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-27 17:01, Mongoloid wrote:

LOOK OUT FOR THAT VAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation