FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Haole'akamai's Voodoo Priestess in SF Chronicle
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Haole'akamai's Voodoo Priestess in SF Chronicle
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:22 pm   Permalink

Hey! A fantastic drink creation by our very own Haole'akamai has
been written up in the San Fransisco Chronicle!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/27/WIG3TLV2J11.DTL

Her Voodoo Priestess drink is on special at the Forbidden Island.
Stop by and try one!

Congrats!

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-30 3:04 pm   Permalink

The Voodoo Priestess is a GREAT drink, good work Haole'akamai and congrates on the good press.

[ This Message was edited by: Buster 2006-10-30 15:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Buster 2006-10-30 15:05 ]

View Profile of Buster Send a personal message to Buster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 3:10 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Haole'akamai!

That is one very tasty cocktail!! Even better than last month's "Vitamin T." Keep 'em coming!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 9:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys! It's a good drink, all the way through.

It's too bad I missed the photo shoot - I almost got my face in print! tee hee....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 10:11 pm   Permalink

I had one last Tuesday and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind!! An exquisite cocktail-perfect for the season.
Congrats on the Press...You deserve it!!

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2006-11-01 12:38 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 11:35 pm   Permalink

An exquisite cocktail-perfect for the season.

Totally. It's a most righteous libation. I was lucky to enjoy the early version of the Voodoo Priestess. It was so pumpkin-ah-licious good. Then, a little twist here and a wee adjustment there, it became that much better. Get your own self down to Forbidden Island, it's not that far, and order up one of these treats. It's no trick, matey, it is a fine cocktail. Truly, one for the season.

Way to go Haleo...uh, Hallpass, umm, Hee Oh Ah La La. Well done, Thayer. The Vitamin T was super goodness, as well.

That's 999 posts...at least thirty-six have been meritable. Hmm, perhaps thirty-five.

Boo eek boo,
ghost of midnite passed

EDIT:

Save The Voodoo Priestess! This must now rank as a Forbidden Island signature cocktail.

Hear here! I concur, most vociferously. The VP must, at a minimum, stick around through the end of the year. It's the right cocktail for the season: Halloween, Thankgsgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, Festivus, Shopping, Drinking. If the VP is not available at Forbidden Island I just may have to go to Forbidden Island more, stay longer, and I will talk to other customers, a lot. Don't make me visit the jukebox, I'll do it. (Hee hee, reverse psychology).

No Voodoo Priestess, no justice! Power to the people, feed me, I'm hungry. Rock on!

[ This Message was edited by: midnite_tiki 2006-10-31 11:02 ]

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 09:29 am   Permalink

The only problem is that it's one of the October Drinks Specials. With this being the last day in October...

[ HAPPY HALLOWE'EN EVERYONE!]

... I don't know how much longer it'll be on the menu.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 10:51 am   Permalink

Save The Voodoo Priestess! This must now rank as a Forbidden Island signature cocktail. Way to go!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 1:03 pm   Permalink

I agree! This one is definitely good enough to be a permanent fixture on the menu. I know I'll be drinking a couple of them tonight! Save the Voodoo Priestess!!!

Oh, and a big congrats to Thayer! So great to see the Priestess getting such highly deserved praise from the congregation!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 2:07 pm   Permalink

** SAVE THE VOODOO PRIESTESS ** ** SAVE THE VOODOO PRIESTESS** (repeat after me..) ** SAVE THE VOODOO PRIESTESS **

Though I didn't try one yet, this sounds like a perfect HOLIDAY drink, and the holidays are just starting!!!

Congrats and way to go, Thayer!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-31 5:41 pm   Permalink

I concur--it must be saved AT LEAST until I can limp down there and try one. Surely it can stay on at least until TC night tomorrow?

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-10-31 7:03 pm   Permalink

Fear not, it will at least be on until mid November, if not beyond....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 10:59 am   Permalink

Good news Martin! YAY!!! And I've only had a sip of one. It is a perfect Halloween season drink, and winter holiday drink, and refreshing Spring libation, and summer delight...oh jeez, just put the thing on the menu already.

Congrats to our illustrious priestess for getting her rightful recognition.

Quote:

On 2006-10-31 19:03, martiki wrote:
Fear not, it will at least be on until mid November, if not beyond....

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 6:51 pm   Permalink

Alright Haole'akamai! All way nice to get the warm fuzzies from the local paper. I will have to get back over Alameda way and introduce myself to the Voodoo Preistess. It sounds pretty tasty and the reviews are glowing.

Catch ya later,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-03 07:36 am   Permalink

Big thumbs up on the recipe from the wife and I...and pretty simple to make!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation