FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Mieko's Tikis - spirit hook done page 5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mieko's Tikis - spirit hook done page 5
Rastiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-29 12:23 pm   Permalink

where can i get one?????

View Profile of Rastiki Send a personal message to Rastiki  Goto the website of Rastiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

Wow - where did the summer go. Hukilau, Oasis, monthly Chops, and the summer swap - been doing a lot, but not getting too many pieces done. Anways, here's the few pieces I did finish this summer:

Pendant I started at Hukilau

Swap Piece

Turtle out of mahogany

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 8:08 pm   Permalink

For fabulous pendant designs, Mieko is it! I've not seen the octopus guy before. Pretty unique!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 04:42 am   Permalink

Mieko
Could I be lucky enough to win that octopus?
Wana come paint?
Will

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 12:12 pm   Permalink

Ok, I've been slacking with the updates, but I have been busy.

Here's a bigger guy that I finished a few months ago, he's a bit bigger than most of my guys at 5 inches tall.

I made some resins out of him, and some into (big!) pendants.

I also did a santa tiki for xmas:

Looks better in resin and painted, but painting these guys took me FOREVER!

More in my next post.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 12:20 pm   Permalink

I did this big head guy, but I think he looks kinda silly:

Right before the swap I started looking into Maori designs and started this:

Detail is done with a woodburner, which comes though on the resins just great once I get them painted up.
Here's the dark ones I like:

and the light ones I'm not as happy with:

After that I did the swap piece which has pictures here
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=27113&forum=7&start=90, and I'm working on a piece with Doug Horne with one of his designs that I'll post soon.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 12:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-06 12:20, mieko wrote:
I did this big head guy, but I think he looks kinda silly:

I think he's adorable. If you cast it, Kate will shop.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 1:36 pm   Permalink

Mieko, the progression in your work is really amazing.... it just keeps getting more intricate and more crisp.

very very nice

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 6:08 pm   Permalink

Skills are definitely improving. I really like your swap pieces as well. Let's see more!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 8:03 pm   Permalink

boy and i thought you just made great wasubi!
great tikis

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-19 07:01 am   Permalink

Each piece is looking better and better. Diggin the lono pendant, Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 05:59 am   Permalink

Mieko, I Really Love watching your carving skills improve so much with every new piece. Your Maori inspired pieces are great.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-06 12:12, mieko wrote:

I also did a santa tiki for xmas:

Looks better in resin and painted, but painting these guys took me FOREVER!**

Kia ora Mieko - I just found out the groovy lil Santa-Tiki pendant I received as a gift a day or two back, was created by none other than yourself! I had assumed it was a mass-produced product for some reason (no offence; more of a compliment on its professional/made-for-mass-appeal quality) and am thrilled to now find out that its handmade and to see the original carve! Sorry I missed its posting..

**One of the first things I thought to myself was how incredibly well painted the red hat is and even mused that the 'worker' must really love their job. See; the care shines through and your efforts are noticed and appreciated! Ditto with your photos too - nice job!

Merry Christmas! (Don)Ho Ho Ho...

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 7:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tama! PM sent

I really need more time to read and post on TC, thanks everyone for the compliments, it really inspires me.

Here's my latest, I'm really enjoying my wood burner and the Maori designs. I'm not too sure if he's done yet. Any input is appreciated.

Here's an in progress shot from the visiting artist's day at Buzzy's (Thanks Dave!)

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 8:31 pm   Permalink

looks killer! thats the one you started at the mainlanders show right? cant wait to buy one!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation