FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » NEW! Pink Panther 40th Anniversary by SHAG Tiki Mugs!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
NEW! Pink Panther 40th Anniversary by SHAG Tiki Mugs!
WonArts

Posted: 2006-11-01 12:39 pm   Permalink

Hi all,

I'm very excited to introduce myself here and post that our first products...two tiki mugs and a coordinating tiki bowl...will be available soon, just in time for the holidays.

As I'm sure many of you know, SHAG re-envisioned the Pink Panther for the character's 40th anniversary, and we're bringing you these officially-licensed, Limited Edition products for a very limited time.

The two mugs each feature SHAG's character art of Pink Panther and the Inspector, and the bowl has a really fun, triangular design with Pink Panther on one face, Inspector on one and Fez Monkey on the third.

All three products come packaged in color boxes featuring more of SHAG's great Pink Panther 40th Anniversary illustrations.

I hope you'll come check them out...and if you want to order, please do so quickly as we haven't even sent out our official press announcements yet and have already sold a bunch of them (behold the power of MySpace haha).

Here's a link to the site where you can find all the info as well as the order form:
http://www.wondrousarts.com

Thanks for taking a look and enjoy!

Lou Zucaro - Wondrous Arts™

"The Most Wonderful Toys & Collectibles for Happy Kids of All Ages"

View Profile of WonArts Send a personal message to WonArts  Goto the website of WonArts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 1:01 pm   Permalink

I'm sure you'll sell truckloads of these (and they do look good for the price), but I'm struggling to see the connection between the Pink Panther and tiki other than the lucrative commercial potential. I'd buy that scorpion bowl in an instant if it didn't have the cartoon characters plastered all over it.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 1:30 pm   Permalink

I'm with Paipo, it's not exactly two great tastes that taste great together. What's the connection? Like Paipo said, the quality looks perfectly good, but the tiki/Pink Panther combo looks really forced to me. I don't get it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 1:36 pm   Permalink

My take is... they are Pink Panther collectibles with a tiki theme, not tiki collectibles with a Pink Panther theme. So the main consumer will be PP fans, but a few tiki fans (kingstiedye?) might buy them just to have to keep their collection complete.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WonArts

Posted: 2006-11-01 2:32 pm   Permalink

Hi all,

Thanks for looking and for the comments. For me, the connection was SHAG more than anything, and the Pink Panther 40th Anniversary art he did had some tropical elements to it as well. And as we all know, that Panther can Party

And being a Pink Panther fan, a SHAG fan and a tiki lover, you know what they say, do what you love, right?

Plus, come on, Fez Monkey?! How can you NOT love a good Fez Monkey?! Haha...

P.S. They are both a tiki collectible with a Pink Panther theme AND a Pink Panther collectible with a tiki theme. They are not, however, a dessert topping and a floorwax.

[ This Message was edited by: WonArts 2006-11-01 14:34 ]

View Profile of WonArts Send a personal message to WonArts  Goto the website of WonArts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 3:37 pm   Permalink

To me it doesn't really matter that there may not be a Pink Panther tiki connection. I just think that they're goofy-fun!

Once bought a sculpture of a juggler riding a unicycle, all made out of nuts and bolts. Is there a connection between juggling and hardware. Nope, but it sure makes me giggle!

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-11-01 4:06 pm   Permalink

Who cares what they look like. These are going to sell out so I say buy 'em now and resell them to the Shag drones on ebay for big bucks. Thanks for the heads up WonArts!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-11-01 4:36 pm   Permalink

Are these Tiki Mugs made by Tiki Farm??? If not who are they made by???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WonArts

Posted: 2006-11-01 4:53 pm   Permalink

Hi again,

They are made by my company, Wondrous Arts, however we worked with Holden & Tiki Farm to produce them.

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 5:01 pm   Permalink

Did you design them? If not, which artist?

Quote:

On 2006-11-01 16:53, WonArts wrote:
Hi again,

They are made by my company, Wondrous Arts, however we worked with Holden & Tiki Farm to produce them.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 5:15 pm   Permalink

Gee, I don't think WonArts was expecting the Spanish Inquisition! But as long as we're giving the third degree, who did your company logo? it looks a bit like Derek Yaniger.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WonArts

Posted: 2006-11-01 5:17 pm   Permalink

Why, yes, it is in fact work of the very talented Mr. Yaniger.

His stuff is great

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 5:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Sorry, didn't mean to sound like the third degree. Just curious.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-01 16:06, Hakalugi wrote:
Who cares what they look like. These are going to sell out so I say buy 'em now and resell them to the Shag drones on ebay for big bucks. Thanks for the heads up WonArts!

Sadly, this sums it up quite well for me. I would probably buy some myself if I lived in the US, just so I could resell them in 12 months and buy some mugs I actually liked. I do care what a mug looks like - it is the main reason I would choose to purchase a mug, rather than the fact it is branded with a particular popular artist's name.

I don't think we're giving the guy the 3rd degree - he had never posted here before today, so I think it's natural there's some curiosity when someone just appears out of the blue with 5892 mugs and bowls for sale.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artroodeetoo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-01 7:04 pm   Permalink

so is anyone going to pre-order one? I'm thinking about it...these look cool

View Profile of artroodeetoo Send a personal message to artroodeetoo  Goto the website of artroodeetoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation