FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Pago Pago Bar Next to Disney Studios
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Pago Pago Bar Next to Disney Studios
nichols
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-23 5:34 pm   Permalink

LA Times 1954

LA Times 1959

View Profile of nichols Send a personal message to nichols      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nichols
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-23 5:44 pm   Permalink

View Profile of nichols Send a personal message to nichols      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SBJiminyC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-14 4:26 pm   Permalink

Hello,
On Facebook I follow the "Burbank in the 60's" account. Well, yesterday they posted this photo; and it triggered a memory of this thread.

Can't really tell much from it.. no address is visible. But there looks to be a 76 station next door. Was there a 76 station across from Disney in those days? The Facebook comments state that the 76 Station became a Jack in the Box.

View Profile of SBJiminyC Send a personal message to SBJiminyC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-18 12:39 pm   Permalink

Well presently there's no Jack in the Box anywhere near Disney's Burbank location. The last remaining building from that era - a kitchen interiors joint, is currently being torn apart. This is a great photo though. I asked a coworker about what he knew on the Pago Pago, but he couldn't tell me on Facebook as though it were top secret. When I asked him in person as a followup, he sorta blew it all off like there wasn't/isn't anything special to know about it. WTF. :|

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation