FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace New Decanter - name him & win 1 free!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
New Decanter - name him & win 1 free!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:31 pm   Permalink

Yes, GROG organizing Tonga Hut show, but it going very smoothly since GROG dealing with true professional artists this time who aren't high maintenance with alot of attitude and have to be coddled.

P.S. Holden's a friend, so GROG is just bustin'-his-balls a bit.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2006-11-30 14:34 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

I was gonna hold off on announcing 'til I was as bald as Grog, but thought it'd be best not to keep you all waiting!

Okay, there are A LOT of names that would be great for this fellow. Yes, I'm gonna do more of these contests in the future because it's fun & it just makes sense!

So Dirty Donny and I FINALLY got in touch with each other today. We compared notes, discussed the "retail viability" of names (fun names are great but also, I will absolutely sell mugs to our retailers with any name so don't worry about being pc) and just laughed at a lot of the entries (good chuckles - a lot of funny names).

So here we go. Drum roll please...

Grand Prize Winner: "The Unlucky Tourist" by Tiki Tonga
First Runner-Up: "Don of the Dead" by Dibroc
3rd Place: "Dirty Shrunken Bastard" by teaKey
4th Place: "Don Wrinkles" by Net Tiki
5th Place: "Heads Up!" also by Net Tiki

Since Net Tiki won 2 sets of swizzle sticks, we decided to add a 6th place winner to win a set as well....

6th Place: "Bone Head" by Benzart

Now, Tiki Tonga - email me (holden@tikifarm.com) with your shirt size and information. Everybody else, please confirm their complete information (name, address, zip, tel) via email as well.

Congratulations Tiki Tonga and all of the rest of the winners! I'll have another naming contest sometime around January, 2007.

Mahaloz!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 4:45 pm   Permalink

Will I didnt win the 1st place prize, but I am more than happy to win the 4th and 5th. Thanks Holden and Donny. Congrats to Tiki Tonga for the win and to the other winners as well. Looking foward to the next contest Holden.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 4:54 pm   Permalink

YEAH, Way to go Tiki Tonga, makes you want to stay home for vacations.
Thanks Holden and Donny for an Excellent Contest, can't wait til the next one!
HappyHappyHappy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 5:39 pm   Permalink

So close to winning a mug, but very happy to get one below. Happy to get the new orange TikiFArm Swizzle sticks. I first thought that Shrunken Bastard was a little hard with the words and then thought, thats part the name of one of the all time mugs.

I'm just glad that I was apart of the naming process like all the other TC members that got to play along.

Hey, when I buy mine, can I get the Shrunken Bastard name carved into the bottom.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirty Donny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-30 6:42 pm   Permalink

Yes, thanks again for all the great names.
Holden and I had allot of fun picking one out.
I probably spent 2 hours going threw all the names.
I wanted to give props to "Alfredo Garcia" by Mr. NoNaMe.
That's one of my favorite movies!
I also likes the Don Knotts and Donny Darko references!
Good work!
Donny

View Profile of Dirty Donny Send a personal message to Dirty Donny  Goto the website of Dirty Donny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 7:19 pm   Permalink

'The Unlucky Tourist' hmmmm.... When then come to market I'll put some black socks and brown sandals around him !!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 8:17 pm   Permalink

Wowzaa!!! I nearly fell outta my chair when I saw my name as the winner. What a great honor it is to name a Tiki Farm mug. And so many great entries. Thank you Holden and Dirty Donny, what a fun concept this contest was. Holden, thank you also for introducing us to new and diverse tiki artists through your mugs. I'm thrilled to be adding Dirty Donny to my stable of artist to collect tiki art from. And really looking forward to the Benzart and Ken Ruzic mugs. Anyone who's spoken to Holden senses his great enthusiasm for all things tiki. Holden provides an affordable outlet for our addiction, and for that we thank him.
Coincidentally I recently won a contest at work for naming the company newsletter. Prize was a $100 costco gift certificate. Too bad Costco doesn't carry tiki mugs!

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 8:22 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Tonga, can you buy me some lotto tickets? I figure since your on a roll why stop now.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 8:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-30 20:22, net-tiki wrote:
Hey Tiki Tonga, can you buy me some lotto tickets? I figure since your on a roll why stop now.

Sure thing, just Paypal me or send a check or money order and I'll go get them tomorrow!

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 08:59 am   Permalink

Thanks to Danny and Holden for the contest. It was worth the wait. This made up for Sheriff John not reading my name and singing the Birthday song.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-04 11:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-01 08:59, dibroc wrote:
Thanks to Danny and Holden for the contest. It was worth the wait. This made up for Sheriff John not reading my name and singing the Birthday song.

Then this just might make you jealous John, in about 1963 or 64? the Mickey Mouse Club Show went into syndicated reruns with some new features. One of these features was to be a drawing in which you were to fill out your personal info. on the back of a (wax paper) "Twin Popsicle" wrapper and send it in. If they chose your name in the drawing you won a trip to Disneyland for you & your family but most of all you needed to listen in because they would announce your name on the air! I WON! I WON! I WON! They indeed announced my name! I was a star for at least 2 days!!! We had to buy 1 extra ticket, they only gave tickets for a family of 4 as though anyone in the '50's & early '60's had a family of less than 3 kids in it. I would love to know if there is a way to get a copy of the show with the announcement in it?
I miss local syndicated shows, in the mean time John, here's something for you:
Romper stomper bomper boo! tell me, tell me, tell me who? I see little John out there he is watching Engineer Bill and playing "Red Light Green Light" with a tiki mug of rum?? So put another candle on your birthday cake dude! I'm a Honorary Mouseketeer! (almost as good as winning this contest? a close second anyway? Naw.....!)

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2006-12-04 23:53 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the maltese tiki

Posted: 2007-02-14 1:44 pm   Permalink

Holden - when can we get ahold of this one?

View Profile of the maltese tiki Send a personal message to the maltese tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MONDOTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-14 2:42 pm   Permalink

Yes,please let us know when these will be available.That decanter is F^%$ing kool!

View Profile of MONDOTIKI Send a personal message to MONDOTIKI      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation