FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » TeaKEY's critikeys (starting new p12)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TeaKEY's critikeys (starting new p12)
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:21 am   Permalink

•Corked matching spice jar set (6 or maaybe with a cool bamboo rack!

Squidwerd,

How big are the jars?

I'll make one today........

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 12:00 pm   Permalink

Hey!
I like the kitchen set idea (but not too matchy-matchy)
What about a kitchen clock to go with it? Napkin holder? Soap dispenser? Soap dish for sponge holding or bar soap? Ring holder? Lotion dispenser? Sugar/creamer? Is that enough for now?

I know Tiki Farm did one in years past, but a bathroom set would be nice(including a covered extra paper holder to sit on the floor).

I like the bank idea.
I stop now...

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 12:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 10:50, dibroc wrote:
I picked up my "Grog Art" spoon rest at the Tonga Hut on Saturday night. I was going to get the matching nut cracker but someone beat me to it. Anyone else get "Grog Art".

Did you get the free Grog hernia truss with that?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 12:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 12:00, kikekeki wrote:
Hey!
What about a kitchen clock to go with it? Napkin holder? Soap dispenser? Soap dish for sponge holding or bar soap? Ring holder? Lotion dispenser? Sugar/creamer? Is that enough for now?

I know Tiki Farm did one in years past, but a bathroom set would be nice(including a covered extra paper holder to sit on the floor).

I like the bank idea.
I stop now...

Lotsa stuff! Yup, the Farm did do some bathroom stuff but I'm not sure it did so well.

Good kitchen ideas! There is a sugar/creamer set coming out soon with matching coffee cups. Clock would be cool. I think I got soured on clocks when I saw those resin Tiki Time monstrosities at Target so maybe I'll get on that now.
Mrs. Squid uses a large vintage ashtray for sponges and scrubber thingies. Perhaps something like that, fairly deep with compartments.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 12:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 11:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
•Corked matching spice jar set (6 or maaybe with a cool bamboo rack!

Squidwerd,

How big are the jars?

I'll make one today........

Your Holiness.....
Don't know yet. All of ours are misc. sizes from thrift stores and yard sales. I'll see what works and let ya know! I feel a collaboration coming on!

Can you make one that rotates like a (Sorry Mrs. Squid) "Lazy" Susan?

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 12:57 pm   Permalink

Ashtrays!
Ashtrays and Wall Plaques/Sculpt Plaques!
Haven't seen a good recent contemporary tiki/tropical ashtray lately!
A GROG ashtray so you can put cigarettes out on his cheek and not really hurt him!
Banks!
Piggy Banks!
Tiki BAnks!
Bob Eu Banks!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-14 1:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Ken, A GROG piggy bank would be a "GROGGY BANK". And, if you're putting your cigarettes out on GROG's cheek, wouldn't that be an "Asstray"? (Or were you talking about a different cheek?)

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 1:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 12:57, little lost tiki wrote:
Ashtrays!
Haven't seen a good recent contemporary tiki/tropical ashtray lately!
A GROG ashtray so you can put cigarettes out on his cheek and not really hurt him!
Banks!
Piggy Banks!
Tiki BAnks!
Bob Eu Banks!

Dude, I know your supervisor's phone number and if you don't off the computer and get back to the pick-up window soon, I'm calling!

kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 1:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 12:39, squid wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-14 12:00, kikekeki wrote:
Hey!

I like the bank idea.
I stop now...

Lotsa stuff! Yup, the Farm did do some bathroom stuff but I'm not sure it did so well.

Good kitchen ideas! There is a sugar/creamer set coming out soon with matching coffee cups. Clock would be cool. I think I got soured on clocks when I saw those resin Tiki Time monstrosities at Target so maybe I'll get on that now.
Mrs. Squid uses a large vintage ashtray for sponges and scrubber thingies. Perhaps something like that, fairly deep with compartments.

Ok,
so what about a desk set(post it holder, paper clip holder, tape holder, pen/pencil holder--you get the idea...)? Again, not matchy-matchy...

Cell phone holder.
Crackberry holder, uh, I meant Blackberry
Business card holder.
What else can I come up with that needs a holder...
Tabletop picture frames(holder).

That'll HOLD me for a while...HOLD--get it?
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 12:57, little lost tiki wrote:

I would love to see some ceramic wall tikis.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 2:27 pm   Permalink

How about a line of ceramic Ice Buckets? They're not much different than a cookie jar right? I can see a whole wall unit of them - all different like tiki mugs.

Or how about ceramic wall hangings (ala Witco wallhangings) -- all styles, sizes and colors....

Or along that line --- ceramic TIKIS -- just like a full sized palm tiki. Hey, if you can do them in resin, why not ceramic??? Again, all styles and colors ---

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 2:35 pm   Permalink

Nah, not enough flair.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 2:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 13:11, kikekeki wrote:
Business card holder.

I second the vote for the Business Card Holders. I've just recently been asking some carvers about those, but I bet they'd be cool made in ceramic. It's a great way to add a little bit of tiki-style to an otherwise boring corporate cubicle without annoying the non-tiki people around me.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 5:35 pm   Permalink

just hang on Paipo....if you get my meaning...

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 6:42 pm   Permalink

Squidwerd,

I'll try a round one with a lazy susan soon but here are a few for the time being.

We'll use the Tiki Farm coconut salt and pepper shakers for the time being...

--------------

dang it! pushed the wrong button!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-11-14 18:43 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation