FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki TeaKEY's critikeys (starting new p12)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TeaKEY's critikeys (starting new p12)
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 6:49 pm   Permalink

These Mug shelves might work too!!

We make them in all shapes and sizes.

--------------

Arrrr!! I keep getting booted off as soon as I post a pic!! Whatap! My back button is on glue!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 7:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 18:42, RevBambooBen wrote:
Squidwerd,

I'll try a round one with a lazy susan soon but here are a few for the time being.

We'll use the Tiki Farm coconut salt and pepper shakers for the time being...

--------------

how do you light that thing ? never mind now I see it is a spice rack.

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-11-14 18:43 ]

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2006-11-14 7:43 pm   Permalink

Now that the kitchen door has been opened I think some sort of Coconut Creamer would be neat.

- Granny Boris

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 05:40 am   Permalink

"Swizzle/pendant idea is good as it fills a practical need and could look really cool hanging around the neck as well."

Certainly the mugs are the most important part of the tiki collection. One man only needs one mug or maybe enough to fill up a dishwasher, but if its a collection, the skys the limit. I tiki bank might be cool, I found one last summer, but they feel like second best compared to a good tiki mug. Actually, most tiki items feel like second rate citizens. Like, I wanted to find a mug today, but I'll settle with anything tiki.

MAybe not swizzle with ceramic(I knew that the material that you, TikiFArm, work with) but I think as the largest manufactures (Is that right?) you should have a new swizzle stick out. You must have made a hell of a lot of the green ones, The ones selling when I found TC. What if you make a new swizzle stick each year and give one free with each order. That way, we all have to buy from you directly and each year you know you will be making sales to all collectors. Bars give them away free, and Tikifarm is a bar now, sorta.

I wouldn't want everything tiki in my Kitchen. I grew up with a friend whos mom collected everything cow and I thought that was strange. The whole kitchen was nothing but.

Oh, I got one, when I was watching a video, which is on the Tiki Ti (pronounced Tea Key Tea) Hey, it sound like . I will try to post the link for the greater good of all members. So, they have bottle toppers the liquor pour through. Like Gargoyle, a tiki with an "O" face could spit your favorite libation. Hey if you do make one, I think I should get one free for thinking of it.

http://www.tiki-ti.com/vid/images/bsvid_02.gif

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 05:42 am   Permalink

Blood and Sand try this

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 06:50 am   Permalink

Not sure if this has been thrown out there yet? How about a set of highball glass holders like the kind the Kahiki had? The type that look like a tree stump with a tiki mask carved on the front. Could have a cork pad on the iside bottom to protect the glass and the holder. Maybe in a set of four with different color masks. I think it would make a statement to sever some drinks in something like that.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-15 05:40, teaKEY wrote:

MAybe not swizzle with ceramic(I knew that the material that you, TikiFArm, work with) but I think as the largest manufactures (Is that right?) you should have a new swizzle stick out. You must have made a hell of a lot of the green ones, The ones selling when I found TC. What if you make a new swizzle stick each year and give one free with each order. That way, we all have to buy from you directly and each year you know you will be making sales to all collectors. Bars give them away free, and Tikifarm is a bar now, sorta.

I wouldn't want everything tiki in my Kitchen. I grew up with a friend whos mom collected everything cow and I thought that was strange. The whole kitchen was nothing but.

Oh, I got one, when I was watching a video, which is on the Tiki Ti (pronounced Tea Key Tea) Hey, it sound like . I will try to post the link for the greater good of all members. So, they have bottle toppers the liquor pour through. Like Gargoyle, a tiki with an "O" face could spit your favorite libation. Hey if you do make one, I think I should get one free for thinking of it.

http://www.tiki-ti.com/vid/images/bsvid_02.gif

Well, first of all I am not part of Tiki Farm. I'm an independant designer/sculpting contractor. I do however sculpt a majority of their products but alas I'm not in charge of the free swag dept.

I do agree with you and Granny Boris that there should be more swizzle sticks! I like 'em. They don't take up shelf space and they complement a mug collection perfectly.
Tooling costs for injection molded plastic are prohibitive for doing a lot of new designs. Like thousands of bucks up front to make stuff you either give away or sell for pennies. Again, not my department but it would be cool.

The shot toppers sound cool too. I missed those at Tiki Ti probably due to one too many Blue Hawaiians. I'll check it out.

I wouldn't bag the kitchen stuff just yet. I would think that a good chunk of TCers like to cook/bbq. The main hang in our house is in the kitchen/dining area anyway. Yackin' and cookin'!

And you wouldn't have to own the whole herd, just maybe a couple of milk cows Mooooving right along.....

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 9:28 pm   Permalink

Squid Wrote
Quote:

I wouldn't bag the kitchen stuff just yet. I would think that a good chunk of TCers like to cook/bbq. The main hang in our house is in the kitchen/dining area anyway. Yackin' and cookin'!

And you wouldn't have to own the whole herd, just maybe a couple of milk cows Mooooving right along.....

What Squid really meant was that he likes to cook Yaks while in his kitchen... a whole herd of 'em. I know what you mean man, don't try to cover it up:)

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-16 09:55 am   Permalink

I'm also a functional tiki proponent-almost all of my mugs so far are used, not displayed (although I would like to do this eventually). My kids like to offer their friends lemonade in the tiki mug of their choice, so far they've seen alot more lemonade than rum drinks, but they're being used, & everything can be thrown in the dishwasher.

I would like to see a multi-purpose item, a round container in maybe 3 sizes, for use as a cachepot for plants, an icebucket, a kitchen utensil holder, a container for stuff (w/out a lid)...I think ceramic plaques would also be lovely, but as I accumulate more things, I greatly appreciate being able to use them in different ways (a tiki toilet sounds great, but I wouldn't want to clean it!)

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 10:08 am   Permalink

"I think ceramic plaques would also be lovely"

You know what sells really well and is the easiest thing to make is a Tiki Tile. You can go into almost any art store and there they are. Its a ceramic art piece that you get to hang on your wall. If I ran a ceramic shop, this would be one of the first things I would do. Its hip to be square.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-16 10:08, teaKEY wrote:
"I think ceramic plaques would also be lovely"

You know what sells really well and is the easiest thing to make is a Tiki Tile. You can go into almost any art store and there they are. Its a ceramic art piece that you get to hang on your wall. If I ran a ceramic shop, this would be one of the first things I would do. Its hip to be square.

Oh!!! We're going to be doing a kitchen remodel sometime in the near future (READ: next five years) and I would looooooove to have some standard sized (4"?) square tiles to include! It's all the rage in The Arts & Crafts movement, for kitchens and fireplaces.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-22 11:34 am   Permalink

Yes, & give the option of having tiny rubber feet, so it could be used as a trivet, also. You could hang it on the wall when it's not under a hot dish...

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 12:11 pm   Permalink

just some of Miles work that are all great designs. They are some of the greatest designs and maybe the best. On paper or if they were in the hand, these mugs are the next level from an artist who has drawn more designs than any other artist and who in my opinion is the greatest tiki painter.

MY favorite painting is the purple dude that is drinking out of the other purple dude.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 08:05 am   Permalink

So far I think things are off to a good start.

1) The first item of business that I brought up is that we and I need more Swizzle sticks. TikiFArm has over a 1000 mug design and yet only had the green swizzle sticks and they were sold out @ their website. Now no less than a month later, they have a new color Orange. 2)The second thing that I thought up was about the second hole in the pour and straw holed mugs. Shortly after I posted I heard Munktiki redesigned their Fugus with the only one hole. Now I can't say that any of my thoughts are making any of these things happen, but I sure seem to think up these ideas for myself before I see that they were thought up. 3)Koolau mentioned that there are no new mugs on the Tikifarm website. A week later, we get to hear about the flood of great mugs that are going to be pouring out and ones that are coming down the road. No one directly posted comments to my thoughts and Koolau bypassed my ideas with talking about the collectible tiki that no one drinks from, well, I would say a couple things to that.
* It's on the first page and I'm not going to quote it above, what a waste of space. I hate then people quote what you were just talking about, like people have 5 second memories. Quote the whole paragraph from the above paragraph and then write "Yeah, or I agree".

" it does bug me "contemporary mugs are really not meant to be used as mugs - they are instead art pieces or collectibles-Koolau" Aren't all tiki mug collectibles?? Any one that has three of more (and most people that have one , have three) have a collection of tiki mugs. If you just wanted a drink of milk, you would use a glass. We all have glasses and we use them mainly for drinking. Now if we want to use a tiki mug for a tiki-type drink, we would only need to have one mug that we could use every time. If you wanted more for variety or to drink with a friend then two mugs would be needed.
You can buy a couple of TikiFArm mugs and use them everyday and collect them and shelf them all at the same time. Munktiki mugs, you can do the same, but they are more money and limited more in their availability if broke. We only need a couple of mugs to drink from and Now since we are all collectors, why would we drink from our collection. Most people collect something and most time they are displayed. My dad has a train collection (model) and they are behind glass cases just like my mom's angel figures. He could could use them, they work for display and running track, just like we all could use our mug but why. Maybe because the Munktiki have little cards inside that we would have to remove them each time, or because we can claim that we never used them of Ebay just before we sell them (you could lie), or cause they are worth something to us if they ever got broken. Yeah, most to the new mugs are bought for collections and as the signed art they are. I could my laminated Shag prints as placemats and get more use form them, but I won't (mine aren't really). Not, the vintage, that something that I never have drank from. I have this thing about drinking from something I don't know where is came from. And maybe that is why we don't drink from our contemporaries cause we know we wouldn't want one to drink from the drank. But I say, drink from anyone that you want. The funny thing is that I probably would drink from a Bosko the least because I don't have one and they are harder to get one today and more of an art peice. They are after all been in art books. There is more that I could say will pass for now.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-06 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-06 08:05, teaKEY wrote:

* It's on the first page and I'm not going to quote it above, what a waste of space. I hate then people quote what you were just talking about, like people have 5 second memories. Quote the whole paragraph from the above paragraph and then write "Yeah, or I agree".

Yeah, GROG agree. GROG wish 4 second memory GROG has so space GROG waste not from quote above. GROG hate then do that people do as well.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation