FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 5:00 pm   Permalink

Come on all you tiki artists out there, where are your tikis, is everyone on vacation? did everyone run outta logs, is it Raining at your house, did you break your chisels or your Camera? I Know you guys are out there carving tikis and stuff, we need to see it. Do I hafta get on my hands and kneez and Beg?(well I am Not doing that?) If you can't post pix then just Tell us about them.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-11-04 19:51 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 5:11 pm   Permalink

Benzo...if my honey do list ever gets done i've got a stack o' logs just waiting to become some new masks...damn honey do lists...but does installing bamboo flooring count?

[ This Message was edited by: loki 2006-11-05 04:27 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 5:18 pm   Permalink

Loki,

Honey-do lists are un-tiki and so last-year.

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 5:25 pm   Permalink

I got to do a little carving today!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
konakenny

Posted: 2006-11-04 5:54 pm   Permalink

I just started carving a couple weeks ago. I already have a couple cuts and an collection of chisels to show for it.

With the cold weather here in Toledo arriving soon, I thought it would be a good way to whittle away the hours.

Get it.

I kill me.

View Profile of konakenny Send a personal message to konakenny  Goto the website of konakenny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 6:52 pm   Permalink

Welcome aboard Konakenny. Start posting! Toledo is not far from here. Gettin' cold.

I am going to expand Benzart's request to the lurkers as well. Jump on board and start posting. I know there are a bunch of you out there that have tikis or pacific art to show. Don't be shy. We were all lurkers once.

JP

[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP 2006-11-04 18:53 ]

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 7:18 pm   Permalink

Ben's bringin' the pressure!! Well, I haven't done too much since Coon tiki but a replica of my 8FT tiki which is about 16" tall.

And these 2 pendants which are about 4" each. All from walnut. Sorry but these photos suck. The pieces are much nicer in person. I can't seem to get a good photo lately. I might try again and then add to my carving thread later. I just got some new tools so I plan to get some more done this winter. Fingers crossed

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-04 7:22 pm   Permalink

Here's a peaky at a lamp base I'm doing. A picture for my buddy ben!

Chisels are all nice and sharp, thanks to you! jus' bizzy wit lot's o' stuff

---cool stuff 8ft! make casts of those mini 8ft pendants!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2006-11-04 19:24 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 7:26 pm   Permalink

Nice lil KaiKu, Polynesiac! Heard you'll be showing at the Tonga Hut next week! Can't wait to finally meetcha and see what you gonna bring!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 8:26 pm   Permalink

benz man. i want to show my new stuff i really do. i got four more tikis ready but my camera wont work anymore!! its getting me a little upset about it cause i got my best tiki yet and i cant show it!!

hopefully i can get my stuff on track here.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-04 17:00, Benzart wrote:
Come on all you tiki artists out there, where are your tikis, is everyone on vacation? did everyone run outta logs, is it Raining at your house, did you break your chisels or your Camera? I Know you guys are out there carving tikis and stuff, we need to see it. Do I hafta get on my hands and kneez and Beg?(well I am Not doing that?) If you can't post pix then just Tell us about them.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-11-04 19:51 ]

Do they have to be round???

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 10:31 pm   Permalink

This Tiki it say, "Yes, must be round AND must have doo, or we boil you in cauldron.

AND, like Sven says, "The size of your tiki, is thee most impordant factor"

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-11-04 22:33 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-05 05:24 am   Permalink

Ben, you twisted my arm. {wasn't hard}
Will

[ This Message was edited by: wplugger 2006-11-05 05:29 ]

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-05 07:04 am   Permalink

YES, Now THAT'S What i'm Talkin ABOUT!
Keep it coming.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-05 08:13 am   Permalink

Yo 8FT...that '8foot' pendant is SsweeetT braddah! You should contact Gecko for his artist series resins? Lotsa peopo would be groovin with 8foot A'tiki swingin from da neck!!! Thinka-boudit!?!?

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation